“THE FOUNTAINS” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oasis Lakes Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Oasis Lakes Resorts
Ranked #276 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“THE FOUNTAINS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We never did stay at Oasis Lakes, we stayed at the Fountains. There was a mix up on which resort we booked. The Fountains was amazing, all new stainless appliances, new furniture and very comfortable king size bed, I had a handicapped suite unit #6104, it was perfect for my condition. Parking is a problem, not enough spaces. Wifi does not work in all part of your suite, you can't use it on the lake side. Pools are great. Dominos pizza on site is a great option for late night meals. Publix and Walmart are close by I can't speak about the Oasis side but if you have the chance stay at the Fountains, I would highly recommend it and would love to return,

Room Tip: Building #6 is more newer furnishings and faces the pond.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank SXTHRPST

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a beautiful resort. Oasis Lakes is part of the Fountains resort which is a Bluegreen timeshare resort. It's a beautiful resort with lake views, and richly appointed remodeled rooms.
We had a room in the building next to the indoor/outdoor pool and the "preview" building aka the sales center. I already own in the Bluegreen system so wasn't going to purchase more points but they did pay me $75 to do an "owner update". It was a low key sales pitch and the sales people were very nice. It was worth 2 hours of my time since we weren't doing anything that morning anyway.
Our room faced a serene lake and was an easy walk to the indoor/outdoor pool and bar. It was a bit cold the week we were there so we didn't use the pool but the area looked very inviting. There is also another bigger pool which we did not use either.
The location is fantastic. Right on the newer area of International Drive, close to State road 535 and near Downtown Disney and Sea World. Benihana is literally next door to the Fountains resort and was very good.
There is a Publix and Walgreens just up the road along with a good little Chinese restaurant called Citrus Gardens. They deliver.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this resort.
It's definitely a great place to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakefront room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank chriskre
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We have stayed at The Fountains at least a dozen times in the past few years. Three prior times at the earlier Oasis version. I agree these two original building with lake view were getting a little seedy, but the recent changes in our opinion top their presidential suites (stayed there too). A delightful, tasteful, spacious, clean environment. Bamboo floors, marble baths, stainless and granite kitchen, crown molding, excellent lighting, LCD TVs, fully furnished 20 foot balcony. They went over the top with their renovations. We had a view of the lake and pool area, the help was wonderful and one thing for sure.......we're going back! We also like Bonnet Creek, but this visit topped them.

Room Tip: Ask for a view - lake, pool, not parking lot
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank JB B
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Oasis Lakes has not moved on from the nineties era ,same furniture old tube tv, cassette players,couldn't switch ice maker off as there was no handle so had to keep empting the ice into a cooking pot and disposing it in the sink
yet they charge top prices for the room.
The sauna or steam room were never switch on and I never saw anybody serving at the pool bar
.Most of the time we spent at the theme parks. They say you only get what you pay for On this occasion we didn't

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton across the road
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank jg257
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

The pros: The pool areas were very nice. Our children are 6 and 9, and had a blast swimming and listening to the music and DJ in the afternoons. They had trivia and games that were enjoyable for all ages. They also encourage recycling - which for me is very important. We have stayed at about 10 different resorts in the Orlando area and this was the first one which actually made recycling on the grounds easy, as well in our room. The nighttime activities were also enjoyable.

The cons: We are owners who had never stayed at the resort. (Don't expect any perks for becoming an owner, btw..) We circumvented the owner's breakfast pitch pretty easily, and got our room keys right away. BUT, they put us in a room with 2 beds. My kids do not sleep well in the same bed, as I am sure most don't. It took quite a while to move us to another unit, which was in a newer building, (#6) but the floor plan was TINY. We have been in many resorts in the Orlando area, never have we stayed in a unit so small. Not only that, it was filled with very sharp metal furniture. I stopped counting how many scrapes and bruises we got trying to move around each other.

To get wi-fi, we had to buy a card for $12/day. This card also got you 2 free small coffees/day, a newspaper, 15% off resort activities/drinks/food, and free local phone calls. When I checked out, I noticed phone calls were billed to our room, so asked to have them removed. SOME calls placed in the Orlando area are free local calls, OTHERS are not, I was told. We were supposed to peruse the manual in our room to figure that out on our own. I thought that was a cheap shot, for the money we paid up front.

I was VERY allergic to the sheets on our bed. This has never happened to me before. I had to go to a local walk-in clinic and get a shot of cortisone, followed by a prescription of prendisone. At first, the person my husband spoke to said there was nothing she could do, but when I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor, they jumped into action. Security came and took a statement and photos. They sent a housekeeper over who washed sheets and towels in a laundry soap that we purchased, then she re-made the bed.

It was annoying to me to have to turn in pool towel cards to get pool towels, as well as give your ID and a cash deposit on anything you wanted to borrow. (Bean bags for games, etc.) These things take away from the vacation environment and make you feel like they don't trust you. They also upcharged for most activities. Over-all, as an owner, I'm not really impressed. We have been to many other resorts better than this one.

Room Tip: Higher building #, Newer building.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank kschwend
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

The resort was very nice right on I-drive with everything closeby. The pool-area was great and super kid-friendly. The staff on the other hand messed up the whole experience with their poor attitude and rude behavior. I am not talking about all of them but in perticular the people at the reception. Check-out was not pleasant and I had to have an argument to get a refund for internet due to that the resort changed supplier and I had to pay again to get access. The receptionist resistantly gave me a 10 dollar "customer satisfaction discount".
The apartment was clean and modern with everything you could need in a comfortable home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank KarlXII
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

After being a loyal customer for 10yrs (7 years as an owner) of the original oasis lakes resort I feel totally disappointed by the mismanagement of the resort. On arrival at the resort after 19hrs traveling from the UK, we were greeted by only 1 person staffing the front desk. There was a queue of people waiting in line to book in, although if you are a bluegreen platinum memeber you can jump straight to the front of the queue, as witnessed. On challenging the said platinum member we were given the finger, however the resort did not attempt to quash this incident, and we were ignored. We own a 6th floor apartment in block 3 and were given a pungent grubby tired and dirty ground floor room. After seeking out the duty manager the next day and making the necessary fuss and complaints we were then grudgingly moved to a 4th floor room which also had dirty carpets, a shower door hanging off, no bedding or towels changed during our ten day stay, music being played by the sales team from 7.30 am until 11pm round the pool, and even on a Sunday. The pool was cold the pool toilets were very dirty and smelly, customer service very apalling so much so that we cut short our stay by 4 days and got an early flight home. Ii will not be going to our resort again EVER. Not a nice place to stay extremely disapointed with our treatment by management and staff and it felt like a 3 star resort. We never felt welcome! The sales team are very aggressive and like to apply a lot of pressure to buy timeshare points in the bluegreen system - do not answere the phone!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple