“In down town, accetable”
Review of Eo Inn

Eo Inn
Ranked #232 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milan, Italy
“In down town, accetable”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Considering the prices of the hotel in Orlando down town, this is an affordable hotel. However, the room is small and can smell because of the humidity. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi connection is not very good, in particular in some rooms. Coffee maker available at the reception floor. The positon is good if you want to stay in down town.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
We are glad you stayed with us. We do have larger rooms which are available by booking with our front desk or website. We continuously strive to improve on all of our amenities including our wi-fi connection. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was not impressed with this property. But I was too disturbed about it either. My first impression was not good, because it started in the parking lot. The parking lot is a nightmare. It is too small and does not have enough parking slots. At check in, we walked into the small lobby, And I stated my frustration with the desk clerk and so did my husband. We inquired what will happen when we go out for dinner and come back and there wasn't anywhere to park. The clerk said that they were not full so we should have a spot when we got back. If there wasn't we would have to find street parking. This made me uncomfortable. I believe I property should be able to accommodate all guests basic needs and a parking slot is one of them. Especially when they don't offer a shuttle and are not in a walking city.

The room was clean and small. The bathroom was similar to one on a cruise ship. The size of the sink was the size of a mixing bowl. I made a joke to my husband that it reminded me of the bowl on my Kitchenaid mixer. That they took one and drilled a hole in the bottom of it and attached a pipe. The bath products/amenities were better than average. Our room had a large balcony that was very nice. It was only a little bit smaller than the room. But the balcony was open to other balconies only separated with oversized shower curtains. We made sure to keep our balcony door locked.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. I had to laugh when I went to write a note. I saw a piece of paper on the night stand. When I picked it up, it wasn't a notepad, nor is one provided, but an envelope to leave tips in for the housekeepers. The lighting in the room is confused. There are different types of light bulbs in the lamps, so the room had an uncomfortable glow. Since the bathroom was so small, I was left to apply my makeup in the bedroom and I wasn't too happy.

Upon check out, the desk clerk did not inquire about our stay. He couldn't get the printer to print and emailed us our final bill. Which is fine, but it would have been nice to have a print out to verify, as we are accustomed to.

I suppose these are little issues, but usually a property will usually impress us in other ways so the small things are not noticed. This was not the case.

Room Tip: This review was for room 204.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissEileen
Our parking is limited sometimes due to the fact that we share it with Panera Bread, which is in the same building. The only time of day that we ever have an issue with this is during normal lunch hours, however, we do provide parking passes for ALL of our guests and always guarantee parking. We do have larger rooms at affordable rates, which you are always welcome to upgrade to during your stay if available or by booking ahead of time. Our balconies are spacious and shared by guests, but you may separate your balcony with our more than sustainable curtains. Some travelers do not know that leaving housekeeping gratuity is common and greatly appreciated. If you do not feel the staff deserves gratuity for their hard work, then you are not obligated to leave anything. We apologize that the lighting wasn't suitable for your needs and we try to accommodate all of our guests to the best of our ability during their stay. Thank you for your feedback.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We enjoyed our stay; bed was big and super comfy.
It´s true that this place could use some fixing here and there and we had some problems with our bathroom door and allmost whole bathroom is covered with water when you take a shower but our stay was good. Cafe downstrairs is good.

This inn has only few parking places so that might be problem during season, we stayed bit off season so there was always place for us.

Wifi didn´t work as you would assume these days but we didn´t get here to be online so it wasn´t problem for us. They really good folders in rooms about nearby restaurants, hotel amenities etc and if you don´t know how or when to use jacuzzi, lear to read.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We pleased you enjoyed your stay and our great beds. We are working to improve the wifi connection throughout our space. Please come back and see again soon!
Rochester, IN
Reviewed 26 September 2012

So many visitors to the Orlando area head for Disney World. But if you get a chance be sure and visit the Thorton Park area in Downtown Orlando. We stayed at the Eo Inn & Spa for the first time and could have spent a week. The rooms are well appointed and the staff very friendly. If you have a room with a balcony plan on staying up and enjoying the evening and early morning in our case. It's a delightful place to languish life away!

Room Tip: King size bed with large balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue B
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We are pleased you had a nice stay and hope that next time you will be able to get away for a week! Come back again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I spent Labor Day weekend in Orlando visiting my daughter and i chose to stay ay the Eo Inn. I read another review prior to going that described the inn as being very "Zen". I could not agree more! I had a queen deluxe room, the balcony overlooked the yard and was very nice.
I loved all the art on the walls and the relaxing music in the lobby, I found the bed very comfortable and the decor beautiful and very relaxing. It is an easy walk downtown from there and is literally across the street from Lake Eola. I found all the staff friendly and the room rate very reasonable. I plan to return in January and bring my mom and husband with me.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the street for a little more quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
eoinnspa, at Eo Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! You came at such a lovely time of year and we are thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of staying at The EO Inn and Spa. Come back again soon!
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Not a private place a small hotel within a Spa?? No pool very small jacuzzi area if it's warm enough to get in! Cover is on so you feel as though they don't want you to use it! In room furniture is not comfortable. If you like art deco and hip laces over comfort stay here. I like at least a table to sit at in a room. One hard chair ; (( could be nice ditch the bathroom curtains as balcony dividers not classy art deco or attractive!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Pandora0130
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us, but we would like to answer some of your concerns. We never promised a pool, we have a jacuzzi which is a standard jacuzzi that can hold 5-6 people. The cover is kept on to keep debris and rain out, given that we receive rain nearly every day. For further visits and in order to enjoy more furniture in the rooms, you would want to book a suite not our single queens. We do pride ourselves on being very private and is one of the key reasons many of our guests stay with us. Sorry your stay was less than you expected.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The location is 5 star, free parking on site, free access to wifi and a picturesque room view. On the flip side, the a/c in the room was deafeningly noisy, the bed too soft, the tv remote intermittently worked despite having new batteries installed, the wifi was disabled while i was mid-sentence in an email, the electronic key worked sometimes and the staff desperately require 101 hospitality training. No-one bothered to ask for feedback about my 4 day stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the complimentary wifi and parking. Our a/c's are digital wall units that receive monthly maintenance. If the noise was too much, perhaps we could have relocated you to a more fitting noise level room type, but we were not aware of an issue so our apologies. Our mattresses are pillow top mattresses offering to most the utmost comfort. Wifi is pretty tricky...we are always trying to improve on that. We ask for feedback with every single guest by not only having comment sheets in every welcome folder in eery room, but also we request it in any emails that we send out. We assume all of our guests would be vocal if they weren't happy and then we can help at the time of your stay with us. We are happy to address any issue that has been presented to our staff and do appreciate the feedback.