“Great Location, Cool Little Hotel!”
Review of Eo Inn

Eo Inn
Ranked #225 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel occupies an excellent location right on picturesque Lake Eola and the nice Thornton Park neighbourhood.

Check in is through the spa reception at the back of the building, which may seem a little odd at first but was pretty painless for us.

Our room was plain but nice enough and more spacious than we expected from other reviews, with a balcony providing some outdoor space.

The balcony runs the length of the building so is was shared across the other rooms, however there are curtains which can divide this of should you want to spend time out there in private.

There is an outdoor hot tub, wifi, parking and a Panera Bread bakery downstairs for those of you who like a pastry, coffee, soup, sandwich etc! Very handy for breakfast.

Its a slightly confusing set up with the layout of common areas and rooms i.e. treatment and bedrooms next to each other. No massive deal though.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Eddie C, Guest Relations Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you had a nice stay and enjoyed our great balcony, hot tub and convenient location! We hope to have you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel was very nice for relaxing vacations. I especially enjoyed staff friendliness and the pleasant surroundings of Lake Eola.
My room was on the street side, with no balcony, so I assume it would qualify as "small" and "noisy" according to some other reviews. I personally would not deem it small though, and it certainly was comfortable for a fortnight stay. Noise could sometimes be heard in the morning (I was mostly out during the rest of the day so I couldn't account for more) but it was not too bad.
Having Panera in the same building made it easy for breakfast.
I would certainly consider staying there again should I come back to Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Olivier G
eoinnspa, Guest Relations Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take in the beauty of Lake Eola. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Wow. I stayed here over the weekend. The staff is friendly and its a nice boutique hotel. Clean safe and right in a great area. I occasionally visit Orlando and EO Inn will be my go to hotel. I saw so many not picks and nags about this hotel and was worried of what I got into. But I'm glad I didn't listen to the negative comments. See you guys in the future. Thanks for a great stay at your hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tommy S
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are glad you looked passed some the poor comments and gave us a try for yourself…we so appreciate the review and your honesty! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is very cute and has the potential to be great, but there are a few things that need to change for that to happen. My friend and I wanted to book the room with 2 queen beds (the ONLY room with 2 beds in the hotel) so we called and spoke with a woman (I wish I remembered her name) who reserved this room for us. We expected to be charged $160 for it as listed on the website but she said "It's showing up as $110 so I'll charge you that". We were ecstatic and thought we had a great deal. When we checked in we were given a small room with 1 queen bed (Room 210). We told them we reserved the 2 bed room and were told that it was already taken. Come to find out the woman who took our reservation on the phone DIDN'T reserve the right room for us which also explains why the price was so low. So because of this woman's mistake we didn't get the room we "reserved" and were extremely disappointed because we chose this hotel to be able to have a large room w/2 beds. The young man at the front desk tried to be as helpful as he could but had to talk with the general manager who ultimately decided to give us a 2nd room for free so we would ultimately have 2 beds to sleep in. This was a nice accommodation except the rooms were on different floors and VERY different. The GM also made a point to say "that room would have never been $110". That was an unnecessary comment as we were planning on paying the full price for it had it not been for his employees mistake.

Rm 210 is small and somewhat dirty and old and I would not recommend it to anyone. However the other room we got was 304 and it was a larger room with a balcony (shared with other rooms). If you stay here you should get a room with a balcony because I think the other rooms will be too small. I would not stay here again UNLESS I got a room with a balcony.

There is a small private parking lot at the hotel which is great since finding parking near lake eola can be difficult.

Overall, I think this is a very cute hotel and would consider staying here again. But I would double and triple check my reservation to make sure that it's correct since some people cannot do their job correctly which then impacts other people's plans.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony because they are larger
Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank princesszha
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of your time at The EO Inn and Spa. We do extend our apologies once again for the mix up and hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is quite a unique little spot. A quintessential boutique hotel, my room was directly above Panera Bread (a bit weird but NO noise problems). Having said that, it was quite convenient for breakfast. Room had a large balcony and a spacious bath with tub/shower in the center. In walking distance from a lot of trendy eateries. Staff was pleasant like staying in a bed & breakfast. A good choice overall. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get the room above Panera Bread it has a good view of park and a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Donn D

The EO Inn and Spa is indeed a unique spot and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit. Thank you so much for sharing your impressions of our property and the service you received from our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Needing a place near a certain downtown location led me to this unusual small hotel & spa in downtown orlando. We stayed in the king balcony for $150/night taking advantage of early booking. Just outside our room and from the window was Lake Eo with tons of local people and activities and downstairs was Panera with yummy smells, breads & other savory goodies. The room was an office/sleeping room with a luxurious soaker tub. Huge windows & glass doors brought the outside in - I waked at 3 AM to the distant sound of someone playing a piano - I'd left the French door to balcony open - was other worldly. Highly recommend the spa - they were on time, professional and the whole place was clean had a eucalyptus scent! Hot tub outside in rooftop garden! Great & interesting find in downtown Orlando.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AnneofNaples

We’re truly thankful that you chose to visit our property and that our location, accommodations and amenities were to your liking. We will be certain to share your feedback with our team and we hope to welcome you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I picked the Eo Inn for location..but...rooms are small, bathroom sink and mirror are miniature. The Queen sized bed was not.. It was a full sized lousy bed at best. I am now seeing a chiropractor for my back, really! No joke. Room 309 needs some work, paint and a good cleaning. On the plus side if there is one, free parking, and the staff was nice. These rooms might be okay for one person but not two, I am not a big person either. The lighting in the bathroom is terrible and the shower is walk in with no place to rest your foot on to shave your legs...oh and bring your ear plugs in case you end up on the street side, very noisy road. All truth here no lying.

Room Tip: 309 is street side and noisy, actually all rooms are similar find another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon O
eoinnspa, Social Media Manager at Eo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

We are so sorry to hear your stay was not as expected and are very disappointed by the one star review you left us. We try really hard to please all of our guests and make sure everyone's needs are met. Please note that if we had known you were unhappy with your room we would have gladly moved you to a different location. We do have larger suites with balconies that might have suited your needs better and hope that you would take this into consideration if you should want to stay with us in the future.