My wife and our 3 children (ages 6, 5, 2) decided to stay at a Disney property for 2 nights prior to our real vacation at Cocoa Beach. After some internet research, we selected the Wilderness Lodge.
- The hotel decor & theme is nice, but not nearly as much of a wow factor as the similar Lodge near Animal Kingdom.
- The rooms are smallish for the price, and feel a bit dated. Bunk beds were a fun novelty.
- We paid more to be on a higher floor with a balcony. That was wasteful for our family. Didn't use it once.
- We really didn't understand how "Disney Transportation" works. Had we, we would have selected a hotel that is on the monorail.
- Taking the boat to / from Magic Kingdom was fun, but lengthy process.
- Taking a bus to / from Epcot is not as much fun and a lengthier process.
- We ate several times at the quick serve "Roaring Fork". It was ok for the kids. Pretty bland for us.
- Why does a hotel that costs 300 - 400 a night have powdered coffee machines? Really?
- Drinks at the pool bar were not resort quality, but resort priced.
- We ate once at the Canyon restaurant. Great service, very bland food. Particularly for the price.
- Pool was packed most of our time there, but they have the staff to handle it.
- Water slide was fun
All in all, this was not a bad place to stay. Its just not great for the money. I think the real value in staying in a higher end resort is the caliber of families staying there with you. Most of the families were classy, nice, and happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida