Last Christmas we stayed at The Grand Floridian and found The Wilderness Lodge to be lacking behind even the moderate resorts never mind the GF.
The Whispering Canyons restaurant is so unbelievably noisy, yet quite plain, boring and bland inside. The Artist point restaurant is too posh and you simply cant relax with those type of prices and lack of atmopshere. They miss a trick with not having a view of the fabulous woodlands or pool areas from the restaurant. I also find it hard to believe that hotels that cost this much dont have a bar in the lobby or main area to sit and relax in. If there was one, we certainly couldnt find it.
A woodland view room can get quite tedious after several days, and a standard view room can leave you overlooking delivery lorries day and night. However online it is impossible to book any club level rooms so goodness knows how you do that.
The pool was unuseable in December due to the cold weather and Disney really need to consider indoor pools at their hotels. The health club had minimal and often broken equipment.
I find it incredible to believe that a hotel in 2011 does not have wifi access in rooms and room service stops at midnight. What are you supposed to do at 1am for food when you return from your extra magic hours? Especially when most food outlets are closed in the parks by that time. Even a sandwich would suffice but you wont get anything here. The room does not have a stocked mini bar. I cant remembert the last time I paid £300 per night for a hotel room without a stocked mini bar, no wifi, a small room, and no room service after midnight.
I think the improvements to customer relations need to be looked at at this hotel more than any other. Staff walk past you without aknowledging you and the check in staff can be very rude. I had to ask for our honeymoon badges and she then didnt even congratulate us. She just looked as if to say "how old are you". It was very embarrassing. Especially after we had queued for 45 minutes to check in. It was so slow and the room we had requested (woods view) was not what we were given. It was the reason we spent so much money on a deluxe resort, to get deluxe treatment, but the staff at the wilderness lodge really fall behind the Coronado Springs resort whos staff were extremely friendly when we stayed there.
We also had huge problems booking online and Disney would not allow us to carry our Dining plan accross from The Coronado Springs Resort where we had spent our first 6 nights and bought 14 day park tickets, into the Wilderness Lodge where we moved to for Christmas Eve and our final 7 nights. Its disgraceful and Disney really need to close this loophole with the disney dining plan booking problems. I find booking with Disney so restrictive in that you can not contact the hotel directly and ask for a bottle of champagne on arrival for your wife etc. You send email after email that goes unanswered and telephone operators, apart from Dsiney Dining operators, can be extremely rude.
We wont be staying in a disney property again. Extraordinary prices for below ordinary service and facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida