Disney's Wilderness Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
US$121
US$272
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$114
US$94
US$213
US$176
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$154
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$373
US$281
US$346
US$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Hotwire.com
US$615
US$516
Travelocity
3,697 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed in a lodge whih was spacious and had everything you needed for a comfortable self catered stay. The lodge was clean and the daily maid service really helped especially with two children in tow! The pool at the hotel was lovely and was a great place to have some time out from the parks. Mickey's Backyard BBQ, held at the hotel, wast also excellent and enjoyed by both the kids and parents! We will be back there next year. Having stayed at five different Disney hotels over the years, this is the one that we would go back to.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel because we only had a few days at Disney and wanted to be near Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. The location was great, the hotel was fairly clean but it was far from a true "deluxe" hotel. The pool area was small, not sure if that is typical for a Disney hotel. We were not impressed with the restaurants either. There were some issues with the hallway and terrace door locking. Was a bit concerned about the safety too-- being in the "wilderness" and all. I would probably stay in a different hotel next time -- unless I got a great deal on the rate.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

once again me an dmy family stayed at disneys wilderness lodge. the first time was amazing this time, not so much. when i opened the door their was a man sitting in a chair talking on his phone!! then he had told us that the room had been scheduled for maitnence told us to go away for 20min come back and then just dont touch the walls for 30min. so we went and ate lunch and when we came back thinking it was going to smell horrible thankfully it didnt we were ok. then we had several issues with room service since the room was scheduled for maintence it was at the end of the list of rooms to be cleaned so our room wouldnt be cleaned till 5 o'clock or later! wasnt that impressed with the wilderness lodge this time it was such a giant let down!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The trip was for a family of 6. Three adults and 3 children (17, 15 and 10). Since we had a large number in our party, we were upgraded to the Concierge Service. Check-in was a breeze. We were a little early, but were hand delivered upstairs to the Concierge Lounge and had refreshments while waiting. Check-in staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful during our entire stay. I don't believe we waited more than 45 minutes for our room (early flight) and were given a room next to the pool area, which was great for the kids.

Room was a bit cramped for the number of people, but honestly, we were there for the parks, play, swimming and exploring. Sleeping, showering and a quick rest was the main use for the room which suited us just fine.

The hotel itself was immaculate and cleaning staff was fantastic. The pool was great and well supervised by lifeguards. My daughter loved the on-going activities around the pool area. She and I also enjoyed some of the nightly movies on the beach. The teenagers loved the game room.

The VIP Level Lounge offered a quick breakfast. We would leave early in the morning, so always grabbed something the day before for a quick breakfast for the kids. Nightly snacks, appetizers and FREE alcoholic beverages were great. The Whispering Canyons was hysterical. I think you need to have a personality that matches the antics-if you are looking for something quiet, it is NOT the place for you. We loved our waitress and the continual noisiness of the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised when the Head Cook came out and visited with me due to my severe tree nut allergy. Going into restaurants and eating food that I have not cooked myself is extremely scary, however he walked me through the menu and even made me a special desert.

We used the bus system quite a bit, which may be the only complaint, as some times we needed to wait a long time. Another complaint is the lack of internet - would have liked to have posted pictures for the family back home, but as mentioned, we were not in the room that much. Liked using the boat into the Magic Kingdom.

Overall a very pleasant stay and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BMichal
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Last Christmas we stayed at The Grand Floridian and found The Wilderness Lodge to be lacking behind even the moderate resorts never mind the GF.
The Whispering Canyons restaurant is so unbelievably noisy, yet quite plain, boring and bland inside. The Artist point restaurant is too posh and you simply cant relax with those type of prices and lack of atmopshere. They miss a trick with not having a view of the fabulous woodlands or pool areas from the restaurant. I also find it hard to believe that hotels that cost this much dont have a bar in the lobby or main area to sit and relax in. If there was one, we certainly couldnt find it.
A woodland view room can get quite tedious after several days, and a standard view room can leave you overlooking delivery lorries day and night. However online it is impossible to book any club level rooms so goodness knows how you do that.
The pool was unuseable in December due to the cold weather and Disney really need to consider indoor pools at their hotels. The health club had minimal and often broken equipment.
I find it incredible to believe that a hotel in 2011 does not have wifi access in rooms and room service stops at midnight. What are you supposed to do at 1am for food when you return from your extra magic hours? Especially when most food outlets are closed in the parks by that time. Even a sandwich would suffice but you wont get anything here. The room does not have a stocked mini bar. I cant remembert the last time I paid £300 per night for a hotel room without a stocked mini bar, no wifi, a small room, and no room service after midnight.
I think the improvements to customer relations need to be looked at at this hotel more than any other. Staff walk past you without aknowledging you and the check in staff can be very rude. I had to ask for our honeymoon badges and she then didnt even congratulate us. She just looked as if to say "how old are you". It was very embarrassing. Especially after we had queued for 45 minutes to check in. It was so slow and the room we had requested (woods view) was not what we were given. It was the reason we spent so much money on a deluxe resort, to get deluxe treatment, but the staff at the wilderness lodge really fall behind the Coronado Springs resort whos staff were extremely friendly when we stayed there.
We also had huge problems booking online and Disney would not allow us to carry our Dining plan accross from The Coronado Springs Resort where we had spent our first 6 nights and bought 14 day park tickets, into the Wilderness Lodge where we moved to for Christmas Eve and our final 7 nights. Its disgraceful and Disney really need to close this loophole with the disney dining plan booking problems. I find booking with Disney so restrictive in that you can not contact the hotel directly and ask for a bottle of champagne on arrival for your wife etc. You send email after email that goes unanswered and telephone operators, apart from Dsiney Dining operators, can be extremely rude.
We wont be staying in a disney property again. Extraordinary prices for below ordinary service and facilities.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple