We recently stayed at wilderness lodge ( at the start of March) - and it was absolutely wonderful. The pictures really do not do this place justice. It's hard to not say 'wow' when first walking into the lobby. It's absolutely gorgeous , and extremely large. There are tons of small nooks to explore around the lobby and the hotel -and places to sit and relax everywhere you turn. Seriously the attention to detail in the design of this place is extremely impressive.
The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms/public spaces were ridiculously clean. The pools were very nice as well. My four year old loved the hidden springs pool, bubbles from the bottom are a very nice touch.
For transportation - it looks like there are mixed reviews on the ferry. For the most part it was terrific , relaxing and quick. However our very last trip back from the park was ridiculously slow - and stopped and the campground first. If we had a trip like that earlier it would have turned us off right away. I am hoping that was just a fluke because all the other trips were fantastic.
As for the busses - I am not a fan at all , and try to avoid them at all costs. I am on vacation - I don't want to feel like I am on my way to work. I think there is a lot Disney can do to improve these, starting with at least an app to tell you where the bus is and when its coming ( like NY waterway) - but at lot of other people have already gotten into this so I won't.
Anyway - I really don't want to end on a bad note - because this place was beautiful , clean , and terrific. It is a great place to relax and escape from the craziness of the parks, and although the transportation could use some improvement , I think it's well worth the extra few mins travel time enjoy this beautiful resort. We absolutely plan on returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida