My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge in June 2013 for our honeymoon. We absolutely loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the boat to the Magic Kingdom was SO convenient, and the cast members were as polite and helpful as they come.
We were in a standard view room with a king-sized bed on the 1st floor. Disney does not guarantee bed sizes, so we were happy to get a king-size rather than two queens. However, we were a little disappointed being on the 1st floor. The advertised "balcony" was just an unenclosed cement patio. So, if possible, I would suggest requesting *not* 1st floor, if that's important to you.
We ate most of our meals in parks or restaurants at other hotels, but we did have breakfast at Whispering Canyon and some late night snacks at Roaring Fork. The Whispering Canyon breakfast was quick, delicious, and WAY more food than we could eat. But it was reasonably priced by Disney standards, so we have no complaints there. We didn't eat a full meal at Roaring Fork, but they always had a good late-night selection. We particularly enjoyed the chili and smores cupcake as bedtime snacks.
If you are looking for a great value, think twice about staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Compared to luxury hotels off of Disney property, the rooms at the Wilderness will fall short. But if you want the magic of Disney with more luxurious Disney details (and don't mind spending the money for it), you will LOVE the Wilderness Lodge.
The lobby is spectacular and the pool is expertly themed without feeling childish. We will certainly stay at the Wilderness again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida