Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Hilton Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$291
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$73
US$70
US$449
US$191
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$198
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$76
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Hotels.com
US$190
US$143
3,693 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went to wilderness lodge end of April, beginning of May. Lodge is great, transportation to park excellent. I was surprised at how quick the buses were. My 2 girls loves the bunk beds, not sure if any other disney resorts offer them. Pool was a hit with my kids. We were on the 3rd floor looking out at the quiet villa pool, I liked the location. Only thing I can complain about is the thin walls. You could hear the bathroom above you, the person sneeze across the hall, etc. Could also do without people's children running down the halls at 10pm coming home from parks.

1  Thank Wwegan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Staying at the Wilderness Lodge has always been a pleasant experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only reason I did not rate it as a five is that over the past few years it has become quite expensive. I will continue to return to Disney, but will likely try a moderate as opposed to a deluxe.

4  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge on our 1st trip to Disney World back in September 2009. The buses from their were perfect and on time everyday. We were there for 5 days and because it was September we never had to wait for a ride at Magic Kingdom or Epcot. We have been back a couple times and I will always go in September or October; less crowds same entertainment.

Room Tip: Window room of the pool on the 1st floor is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Lodge in July 2013 for two weeks. It was my first time to America and Disney and I did not know quite what to expect given that we were a couple travelling without children. I need not have worried. Any expectations that I did have were exceeded time over by the Lodge, Disney and Florida as a whole.

We arrived having flown with Virgin in their premium seats (this is a must if you fancy some comfort for a long flight). We arrived at around 5pm and were greeted by Kirk at check-in. Kirk offered to book us in to a restaurant for something to eat which was a nice touch given we had had a very long flight. I must say we never had any difficulties with the staff who always assisted us if we needed anything. The mousekeepers are just great, leaving us towel toys each day which made us smile.

We stayed in a Woods View room which was wonderful. Whilst the rooms are not massive, they are brilliantly themed and were plenty big enough for what we needed as a base. The hotel in general was amazing. The lobby is genuinely breathtaking and the pool is a pleasure to relax around. We ate at both the Roring Forks and Whispering Canyon. The food was always good and we never had any complaints about service. I think the Mickey Waffles are the best thing I have ever tasted for breakfast and I wish I could have brought them home! We did not get to Artist Point but would have liked to - we didnt have enough time there!

My experience at the Disney parks was just out of this world. It felt like I was living in a different world when we were there. Everything runs so very well, apart from a couple of rides at Animal Kingdom which had broken down when we were there. The boat ride from the Lodge to Magic Kingdom is very special and I would recommend viewing the fireworks at the park (we were there for the July celebrations so the fireworks were fantastic!). You really must ride the Hollywood Tower of Terror - my absolute favourite ride, rode it at least 3 times during our stay.

Wilderness Lodge is also in a very good location for exploring Florida generally with easy access to most other tourist attractions. I would avoid using the transport buses if possible (it did take us an extraordinary amount of time to get from the Lodge to Downtown Disney and they are not very frequent). We hired a Dodge and had the most fun driving it!

After two weeks of non-stop activity, we flew home with a heavy heart. I genuinely was upset to leave the Lodge and Amercia.

I am really not normally the sort of person who believes in going back to the same holiday destination more than once as there is so much to do in the world but we decided as soon as we got home that we would be going back and I am so excited that we have booked another two week stay at the Lodge this September. We are counting the days down and have planned most of our trip already.

Lots of people say that the Lodge is expensive and I appreciate that it is not exactly cheap but it is such a special place that I feel if you can stretch to it, you should as it certainly adds a great deal to the holiday. I hope to one day take my children there as it is just so magical.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 875Lau
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had a 4 day trip to Disney and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. We loved it. The main building has a distinct northwestern design and is situated into a spot that really gives you the feeling of being secluded out in the wilderness. The Magic Kingdom can be reached by either a short boat ride or a not as short bus. We found the rooms to be a little small but certainly usable. The pool was pretty cool. Inside the main building there's a simulated spring. It empties into what gives the illusion of a small river that flows over a large rock/falls and continues to form the main pool. The entire resort appears kid friendly with multiple lifeguards around the pool and a large selection of amenities to keep kids entertained. We found the restaurant off the lobby to be a little too kid friendly but the atmosphere is quite entertaining for breakfast. We ended up with a few irritating but easily solved issues with the Magical Express as well as the Magic bands but the concierge service quickly solved both. We found them to be very helpful and honest with advice. Even to the point of recommending a cab versus the Disney transportation during peak evening traffic times if reservation times were an issue. All in all this has turned out to be our favorite Disney resort experience to so far.

1  Thank M_J_explorers