Disney's Wilderness Lodge
US$266
US$107
US$91
US$190
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
US$526
US$449
US$505
US$428
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Travelocity
3,701 results
All reviewswhispering canyonroaring forkartist pointmagic kingdomwoods viewtotem polesthe busterritory loungeboat ridebunk bed roomgrand floridianrocking chairsdisney worldboat servicedeluxe resortbay lakeclub level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I went on a trip in early December 2013. The lodge was beautiful! The staff, as expected are top notch people! Very clean, extraordinarily friendly! You can take a boat ride direct to Magic Kingdom. There are also fun shows at night on the water. We could watch right from our room balcony! I would recommend this lodge & time of year because it was decorated for Christmas. It even had the biggest Christmas tree I've seen indoors!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Melissa Q
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Wilderness Lodge was truly magical. Great decor that made you feel like you were in a national park lodge. The staff went above and beyond to insure that our stay was to our liking. We were just a short bus or boat trip from all the parks. Looking forward to staying there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tiredmommy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We recently returned (early April 2014) from a 4 night stay at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in a woods view bunk bed room. Our stay was mostly fine & I would not hesitate to stay here again (beautiful setting that was such a relaxing contrast to the hustle & bustle of the parks, gorgeous lobby, clean room with lots of towel animals, great boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom, etc.), but I'd like to focus on the one "not so great" aspect so others can be prepared.

We intentionally booked the Wilderness Lodge for some peace & quiet and a nice reprieve from the constant overstimulation of the parks. We chose a woods view room specifically to add to that peaceful feeling (didn't want to be over a noisy service entrance with beeping trucks in a standard view room, didn't want pool noise in a courtyard view room). Anyway ... I was picturing our "woods view" room with a peaceful balcony facing ... I don't know, some woods maybe? I pictured myself relaxing on the balcony with a good book & an ice cold drink every afternoon as we took a break from the parks. The birds chirping, some squirrels and rabbits frolicking below ... maybe even Bambi would show up to nibble on the grass?

Oh, how silly of me ...

Nope, we were in room 3102 - directly over the Cub's Den entrance and facing the Villas. And do you know what's just around the corner from the balcony of room 3102??? The side entrance to the Wilderness Lodge. The entrance/exit everyone takes to get to/from the bus transportation and the entrance/exit most of the villa people take as they make their way into the Wilderness Lodge. The entrance right by the arcade and the Mercantile. In other words, an entrance that is in constant use . And do you know what is right outside of that entrance? A series of METAL BELLS!!! And do you know what people do every single time they walk past those bells??? THEY RING THEM!!! Oh my lands!!! Every 45 seconds, some enthusiastic person would ring those dinner bells ... all afternoon and most of the night. I could always tell when a bus just unloaded a bunch of park guests ... bell ring-o-rama. NOT the peaceful setting I had envisioned.

And the balcony itself? It had a solid wall ... at 5'2", I couldn't see anything when sitting in the chairs unless I craned my neck back to look at the tree tops. If I stood up, I could see the green roof over the Cubs Den. Definitely no frolicking bunnies (I think they were scared away by the bells ...).

So, anyway, if you book a woods view b/c you really want a peaceful view of the woods ... ask for a room on the side of the building that does not face the villas. (And yes, going back now to read the fine print, it does state that a woods view room offers "Views of Woodlands or the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge").

Other than the non-tranquil woods(ish) view, the room location was actually quite nice. Just around the corner from the elevator and very conveniently located to the lobby, etc.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms over the Cubs Den if you want peace & quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank fourwearytravelers
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. It has very nice decor and a nice, manageable size pool. It has a really nice restaurant, and some casual options as well. The rooms were fine but it was nice to have fridges to store milk, etc. The best part of this hotel was that it was just a 5 minute walk to the boat which took us to the Magic Kingdom within minutes. The service was truly great, in true Disney style and it was also great to be able to get in to the parks early since we were "on property". We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Minneapolis24
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We are new DVC members and Wilderness Lodge is our home resort. We had to stay at Saratoga Springs our first DVC trip due to the late booking. Also, we've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite! Love the shade, decor, and overall feel of the resort. By comparison, the only minor things are Saratoga Springs had much better parking and a better pool ( no 0 entry at Wilderness Lodge). Our suite appears to be one of the recently remodeled units. We have a view of the lake with some woods offering shade. Very happy to call Wilderness Lodge "home!"

• Stayed: May 2014