My wife and kids ages 9 and 11 and I arrived at Midnight on Sunday evening and we were helped out immediately with our rooms. The lobby service was excellent. The inside lobby is unbelievable. The woodwork and detailing is very cool. It is like being in a log cabin home.
Our room was very nice, we had a dresser for clothes. A courtyard view on the 3rd floor looked out over the pool area. It was very quiet in the evenings. We had a queen bed and bunkbeds for the kids. It was nice to not have them fight over who slept where, they alternated the top and bottom bunks each night. The kids also loved the fact that the pool was open until midnight so they could swim after spending all day in the sun at the parks.
We ate quite a bit at the Roaring Fork Cafe. The food is about the same price as any of your chain type restaraunts for pricing. The snacks are rather spendy, but what isn't spendy at Disney. I would recommend buying a water bottle and filling it rather than purchasing a new one for $2.00 every time you need water.
The transportation to the parks was pretty quick. No longer than 1/2 hour to get on the bus and make the one stop at the Wilderness Campground just a mile away on the way to the parks. The ferry ride to Magic Kingdom was a plus as it only takes about 20 minutes and you very rarely have to wait. You might be able to save some time by driving to the parks, but the busses drop you off right at the doors and you do not have to hunt for your vehicle late in the evenings when there are thousands of people leaving the park at the same time.
Our last day we ate at the Whispering Canyon restaurant and my kids thought it was the best day of food we had. We ordered the all you can eat breakfast skillet which includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuts and gravy and homestyle waffles. All for only $10.00 per adult and $6.00 for the kids. It was a blast. Make sure to ask for the ketchup. You will be surprised at the service you get.
All in all it was a very positive stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I would recommend this hotel to those who are considering it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida