“awesome hotel every time we go”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #60 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 March 2012

it was the best . I love how close it was to epcot and hollywood studios . great places to get drinks and the most awesome pool around hands down. we were there at the time the conferences were and for all you whinning convention people dont forget people were on vacation with their kids and had to put up with all the loud noises and obnoxious after hours activities and we understood and We had a great time will be back

Room Tip: call hotel before hand and they are great at attending your needs
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my third time staying at a Disney property but the first at a Deluxe resort. Needless to stay that my future trips to Disney will only be at Deluxe resorts.

The pool was amazing and the kids loved the sand bottom features. At night it was slightly annoying that the staff closed many of the exits/entrances to the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spent 6 days here in March. Very nice room (suite) with great sitting room. Only complaint would be housekeeping seems to come into the rooms a lot. A bit inconvenient. Room was clean and spacious. Sat on the outside balcony a few times. Spent time at the pools on the property. Very pretty. It was spring break, but still not too crowded. Nice big slide from the pirate ship. Pools had sand on the bottom. Interesting and fun. Ate at the Yachtsman. Good steak, but high-priced. Excellent service. Recommend the cheese platter appetizer. Played skeeball at the Arcade. Had breakfast in the Cape May restaurant and the captains club. Both had good service and decent food. Walked and took the boat to the boardwalk across the water. Thought the $12 cover charge to get into the piano bar seemed a bit high. Especially since we only wanted one drink, and not to sit around for hours. Boardwalk looked nice, but was closed up except the piano bar at 11 pm. Buses to the other disney attractions/resorts were adequate. Took cabs when we didn't want to wait for the buses. Cabs were about $15 for the 3 of us. Enjoyed the monorail to Magic Kingdom when we were in the contemporary last year. Much faster/easier than the buses.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Let me start by saying this was our first time staying on property with the meal plan and park hopper passes. This is our fifth year going to Disney and our son is six. We usually stay at one of the time share properties near Sea World and rent a car. I say this so you know that I am comparing different types of service base on my previous experience.

We Booked through AAA so check in and baggage was a breeze. Room was ready when we arrived around noon, perfect! Room was nice, not anything special. Very clean, and housekeeping kept it that way our entire week. When we first got to the room the toilet seat was broken, one of the bolts holding it on sheared. It took four days and numerous request to have it repaired...not what I would call Prompt service.

Overall I would not say the staff was overly friendly which was quite a shock. One lady was very friendly, Claudia we met her in the gift shop. When we ran into her in the hall she remembered us an spoke. Not what we experience from others.

I agree with other reviewers as far as breakfast options. Most mornings we walked to the beach Club and had quick service and got on the bus to the parks there. The croissant sandwiches were very good. Coffee set up was awkward...line did not flow.

We ate at the Yatchsmen Steakhouse one evening with another couple. Service was alright not great for a higher end restaurant. The food was delicious and plenty of choices for every palate. I do have to say one of our steaks came out overlooked and had to be sent back....really at a steakhouse, that should not happen!

Our son spent a few hours at the Sandcastle Club one evening. He had a great time. In fact he asked if he could go back another night! The staff was very friendly and informative both at drop off and pick up. We did find it strange that you are not allowed to tip. I understand that you pay for the service but you should be able to tip for exceptional care. You are expected to tip for food service why not childcare? The ladies enjoy what they do and are very good...I would not hesitate to recommend this service to a family. I have never used child care at a resort before and felt totally comfortable with The Sandcastle Club!

The pool was nice. There was construction between the Yatchclub and Beach Club so it was difficult to move between the two pool areas. The slide was really cool. From a safety perspective not great for younger children. You can not see the children if you are at the bottom of the slide and they are at the top. The stairs to the slide are across the walkway from the pool, near the beach. We just split up and one went in line and the other waited at the bottom.

I feel the Beach Club was more child friendly. They had activities during the day a the pool and the slide. The Yatch Club has a sand bottom and area to dig and build as well as a Small lazy river (that you have to rent tubes).

As for transportation; you could walk to Epcot pretty much everything else it was easiest to take a bus. Some times this was quick other times we waited. One morning it took us an hour to get to MK. One early evening it took us the same to get to Downtown Disney, even longer to come back.

So, as I said in the beginning I am basing my review on previous years off property. My husband and I agree that it was an experience we wanted to try being on property, however we won't be doing it again. We feel that we spent much more for things than we needed to and did not get the quality or service that we have experienced in previous years. I do realize not everyone has access to timeshare properties but we have also stayed at a Hilton and would rate that as a much better property overall. Let me add we do not mind paying for service as long as we are getting quality.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Disney is known for their customer services, so expectations were high. For the rates of this hotel, I expected exceptional services. WOW! The staff went above and beyond to accommodate or young family of five with two grandparents. From the moment we arrived to MCO to check out, we were really stress-free! I did not even lift my luggage until I arrived back home.

Room Tip: Buy a refillable beverage mug from the gift shop.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cvcrna
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I attended a 5 day conference held at the Disney Dolphin hotel in the same "park" as the Yacht club (there are 4 hotels and a "Boardwalk" scattered around a central lake a few hundred metres from Epcot). I wouldn't normally consider a Disney hotel, but the conference was there, so there wasn't much alternative.

There are water buses running between the four resort hotels, The Boardwalk and Epcot.
For proximity to the Boardwalk, the Swan hotel is much better, unfortunately it was already booked out by the time I was able to register for the conference.

The greeting / check-in was a painfully protracted experience, compared e.g. with IHG / Hilton group check-in. American style service - friendly but soooo slow. Staff in reception are all dressed in kitsch naval outfits (the whole hotel is nautically themed), can´t see that it'd appeal to kids - possibly they are targeting retirees, but not really suitable for a conference hotel.

The room was spacious, two huge comfortable beds, decent sized mini-fridge. Having the sinks in a carpeted area was odd as was the teeny-tiny little bathroom. Toiletries were pretty good quality - a decent sized bath to use them in would be even better.

WiFi was very slow, I was often kicked off and even received an error message that there are too many people trying to log on. They perhaps need to upgrade their bandwidth?

The hotel has a huge Disney shop just off the lobby which sells a wide variety of junk food but the nearest place to grab a quick sandwich is a 10 minute walk away on the other side of the lake :-/.

The Boardwalk has a variety of restaurants, I used the Greek restaurant (edible) but they took about 20 minutes to seat us even *with a reservation time*, the Pizza Window was pretty good, the bakery does good cakes, but $12+ for a small sandwich and a diet coke is a rip off. The Boardwalk is hellishly expensive for what you get, and with the exception of a gas station, there is absolutely nothing else close to the resort, so without a car you'll have to pay Disney prices.

After the conference finished I moved on to the Crowne Plaza.

1  Thank mhbarker
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Squeaky voices and too many ears! Hotel would be okay if they'd just realize that adults come here, too! We had no choice ... our conference was held here. TV sucked ... all disney and cartoons, incl ESPN x 5, and foreign language. NO movie channels and NO PPV movie choices. We asked to rent a movie for the DVD player one night and had our choices of Disney or Disney. Shower was a fine mist, and not adjustable. Food was mediocre at best. Even shopping offered everything in the world ... with ears or rat faces on it. Prices were exhorbitant including $90 admission to Epcot. Will go out of our way to miss this place EVER again! (I have never given a bad review before; prefer being positive, but couldn't hold back this time.)

2  Thank emgTX