Stayed at the Yacht Club for the second time and this time on the conceirge level. This is the third Disney resort where we have stayed conceirge (Beach Club, Wilderness the other two) and I have to say that each time have found the over all conceirge experience to be waning. First the good of the Yacht Club:
Great locations for older families since it is near Epcot (can walk into Epcot back entrance near France/UK) and a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. The Magic Kingdom is a bus ride away so for younger families I might recommend a resort at the Magic Kingdom side.
Also love the fact that there are a whole host of resorts that you can walk to (Beach, Boardwalk, Dolphin & Swan). This allows you to go to a TON of restaurants, walk over to bakery at the Boardwalk or France so on.
The pool is awesome, sand bottom and a big waterslide. It can get busy with it being shared between then Beach and Yacht Club.
Ice cream shop, drinks/food right at the pool, steak house all right there.
Breakfast buffet at the restaurant is good or you can go over to the Beach Club to have a character breakfast.
The rooms are reasonable in size with either dual queens and a daybed. The bathroom has double sinks and a separate shower/toilet room.
Yacht Club does seem to get more business conference guests than other resorts since there is a conference center right there. Therefore I see more adults than kids and it seems to be a little quieter.
Concierge room give continental style breakfast but other stays used to have a hot option or two that I remember. That seems to go for all the little meal times throughout the day. They used to have more warm options.
Concierge room used to also have more "mobile" food options such as bottled water, Uncrustables PB&J so on. Now you can get a big bottle of water but not bottles and PB&J comes in a cup but not mobile.
Basically they seem to be trying to limit the consumption of food there and have you buy more out at the park.
Having the capability to do more online with reservations and such also seems to limit the usefulness of the Concierge themselves. Basically they don't seem to have access to much more than I do with my iPhone. First time I went they got us in to see a show or a restaurant even though they seemed to have limited availability. Now.. not so much.
Still a great place but I'm not sure if the concierge level if really worth it unless you are getting a price deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida