“A nice hotel”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #58 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The services at the hotel was excellent. The atmosphere was very nice. But my room was dirty, on the first day, the bathtub was not cleaned from the previous guest (I hope is not from before that). I found shave hairs (I hope that it was from legs but not sure) on the tub, I signaled it but it was not cleaned neither on the day I signaled it or the day after. I stepped on the LED on the floor and I found rest of snack from the previous guest (I hope that it was from legs but not sure). For the price of a night I would I expected a cleaner room. The services for attending a conferences were very good and the buffet was very good and for everybody taste (carnivorous to vegan).

4  Thank Djassfr
Write a ReviewReviews (2,433)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

It all started once we checked in...The magic bands were not activated so I had to walk all the way back down to the desk. Beds were uncomfortable, small fridge, small bathroom I mean small there is just enough room to swing the door open...Did not love the room or the pool. Don't get me wrong the pool is nice but there are three major design problem. 1. it is too spread out. If you have smaller kids you constantly have to keep an eye on them and walk all around the pool to keep an eye on them you can't just sit and relax you have to move from 1 place to another. 2. The water slide, it is nice and fun for the kids but not for the adults. The entrance to the slide is outside the pool area, and you have to walk across a PUBLIC WALKWAY to get to it. So, you constantly have to get out of the pool and make sure your kids gets there safely with out be abducted. Come on Disney.....there should be a private walkway to get to that slide. So you constantly have to get out of the pool to watch your kids make it safely...3. The hot tubs.....I noticed several times the hot tubs were not being watched by the life guards....one is really secluded and the other is sorta behind a the life guard. It takes 30 seconds for a kid to drown.....The marketplace for quick service meals was very limited and not good. The drinks by the pool took for ever to get and for her to come back around again...The hotel was clean and the staff was nice but that is about it. At 400.00 a night I will not be staying there again. And I would not get the dining plan. I did not like the food at Disney to spend that much on food....

5  Thank homersMom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club from 10/9-14/2013. I called the night before and requested my two rooms be near each other and on an upper floor near the elevators. When we arrived, we were greeted by a woman with an iPad who said both our rooms were ready and connecting...great start! To finish the check-in process, we went inside. The front desk area was swamped, so the woman took us over to the concierge desk. The clerk who completed my check-in was by far, the most hard-to-understand and slow front desk person I've ever encountered at Disney. I am not trying to be mean, but her accent was so thick I could hardly understand her English (and I speak fluent Spanish!!!) We were at the desk for at least 20 minutes...after much confusion on our MagicBands (which really wasn't her fault, but she should've been more educated) and whether or not our rooms were truly ready, we were off to rooms 2125 and 2127. I wasn't thrilled being on the 2nd floor, but at least they were connecting and near the elevator. The rooms were very well-appointed...one had two queen beds, a day bed, and a desk (2127) and the other had two queen beds, a chair and ottoman, and desk (2125). The beds were very comfortable. In 2127, the balcony was totally unobstructed and looked out onto the lagoon. In 2125, the balcony had an awning and was in front of a lamppost and tree, so the view wasn't totally clear...whatever. Typically, we stay at the Grand Floridian because I like monorail service. But, I realized on this trip that the rooms at the Grand are really showing their age and need a renovation badly. These rooms were newer looking and brighter. We requested turn-down service and received it for free! This was very generous seeing that only concierge level/suite and Grand Floridian guests are supposed to receive. The maid was not overly friendly and insisted on tapping on our door every single morning at around 8:30 to clean our room...that was kind of annoying. On the third night, we noticed the flushing mechanism on the toilet was broken. We notified the maintenance staff at around 6:00pm and it was fixed by our return to the room at 11:30pm. On the fourth night, Magic Kingdom had late hours, so we took advantage of them and arrived back at the hotel at 12:30am. We were thirsty, but the gift shop was closed. So a man at the front desk, Allan, said there was vending machines...only on the first floor...only at the end of the longest hallway I've ever walked down. So, I made the trek down to the room, only to have all my bills ($1, $5, $10, and $20) be declined. I returned to the front desk (this was at almost 1:00am now) and he said hold one moment. He brought me up to the 5th floor concierge level and gave me 4 bottles of water for free. It was very nice, and that is the kind of service I have come to know at Disney! The airline check-in process was great, and there were no other issues at the hotel. Overall, the Yacht Club is a great resort for families with older children who enjoy Epcot and Hollywood Studios (they are both accessible by walking and boat!!!) and are looking for a more quiet hotel. I would most definitely stay here again, but my heart truly belongs at the Grand Floridian.

3  Thank jMarg27
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There is something special about staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
The Disney Yacht Club/Beach Club is no exception.
I recently experienced a five night stay in the Yacht Club Property.
Beautiful property. beautiful lobby. The room was clean, well kept, and comfortable with a touch of Disney charm. The short walk to Epcot's World Showcase entrance and the Disney Boardwalk was amazing and one of the best "features" of this resort.

Room Tip: This is a sprawling property. Many of the rooms are quite a distance from the main lobby area and ho...
1  Thank EAQ
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just got back from WDW this weekend of Oct. 11-13 2013.Wilderness lodge on Fri. for Micky's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Great time. Nice stay.Two bed room. But stayed the next night at the Yacht Club because it's closer to Studios and Epcot. Checked in around noon and they said you've been upgraded to a suite with four beds and Club Level services. Been to WDW about 100 times in past 25 years and only have been changed to a different room other than what I reserved twice. This was out of the blue but.........I'll take it. Been Club level many times but it is alot more money .This time my wife and I were trying to keep costs down a bit with my daughter and friend (both 17). Two bedrooms and bath rooms with a rounded solarium like sitting room with windows all around. Delightful. Of course eveything was clean, neat , spotless,....you know like..Disney!!! Great pool but I was the only one to go in. Never have seen one so unique anywhere with sand beach and sandy bottom in pool also. How do they do it , and it has to be 20 years old. Looks brand new. One of the better properties on WDW and they all are nice We tried the new magic bands and for the most part they worked. Great for fastpasses(you get three reservations per day) that you reserve before you get there. Saved alot of time going to each attraction. Great time had by all. But you know, that's what we expect from Disney and they usually meet or exceed expectations every time. Thats why we keep coming back. We appreciate all that they do to make your visit MAGICAL. THANKS DISNEY.

2  Thank disneydad4
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Quiet is not what we associate with Disney, but our king room overlooked a garden and was on the 1st floor so it was peaceful. Disney works hard to make your check-in, stay and experience wonderful and I think they do a pretty good job. My husband was attending a conference and I attended Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Epcot is a short walk from The Yacht Club, so access and entry are a breeze. Cast Members (that is what they call the staff) are pleasant and helpful. We also got to try the new arm band system, it was simple and worked great. The new system is an wrist band (like a sports watch) that is your room key and charge card.

2  Thank DDavistraveler
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've stayed here several times for conferences. Normally, the rooms are good-sized and comfortable. This time: not so much.

I was placed in a tiny room--almost as far away from the elevators as Epcot! The room was a corner room with a grand view of an asphalt roof and the back of a clock tower. No nightstands--the alarm clock was across the room--although only steps away, it was awfully inconvenient to set and view during the night. The room was a little noisy with the pool outside a few floors below the room.

If you get a room with only one queen-sized bed, ask the front desk clerk to move you to another room.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with only one queen sized bed that is on the Epcot corner of the room. Other r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business