Disney's Yacht Club Resort
US$129
US$285
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$152
Agoda.com
US$213
US$177
US$493
US$291
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
US$516
2,488 results
All reviewshollywood studiosyachtsman steakhouseclub levelstormalong baysandy bottombeach club next doorcaptains grilllazy riverwalking distance to epcotboardwalk areamagic kingdomday bedcrescent lakeepcot fireworksbeaches creamworld showcasedisney boardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club, Club Level. I just booked our trip for June of this year and I can't wait! We like the location- we do the Disney Dining plan and enjoy being able to the restaurants in Epcot for dinner, and I book reservations 6 months out to make sure we can visit our favorite places. I like Teppan Edo, the French restaurant, the Moroccan, the San angel Inn, The Garden Grill and Cooral Sea. All walking distance from the Yacht Club.

We go to the parks with hopper passes early. When it gets crowded and hot, we leave for the hotel. The pool is fantastic and is reserved only for Yacht and Beach Club guests. In the late afternoon we head back out or just head to our dinner and then hit the parks again at night.

I've been to many Disney resorts... This one is the most "adult."

The Yacht Club -Club level- is worth the extra cost for us for the afternoon cocktails.

For transportation, I prefer walking, monorail or boat. At the Yacht club, the only bus trip is to Animal Kingdom.... Everywhere else can be reached with my preferred transportation.

Room was ample for a family of 5. I can't wait for our trip- my husband and I enjoy evening wine tastes in Epcot and the kids love the pool. Perfect for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank VAFAMILYTRAVELLERS
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel is not worthy of the Disney brand, and if it is, the brand has slipped drastically. I have been visiting Walt Disney World Resort for nearly 30 years, for both business and pleasure, and this hotel is the biggest Disney disappointment I’ve experienced. I’ve never written a review here, but after my stay last week, I felt it more than appropriate.

When I arrived, in typical Disney fashion, I was greeted and escorted to the front desk. I understand that Disney is all about personality and guest engagement; however, cast members need to be trained to read guest body language. Sometimes the incessant talking and over-the-top “in your face” is just too much. This should be recognized and guests wishing to simply go about their business should be respected and allowed to do so.

One young man, who was working the front desk, was wearing a uniform jacket that was at least three sizes too small for him. He looked like a stuffed sausage. Carrie, who checked me in, asked if I wanted park maps. I informed her that I was visiting for work and didn’t need them, as I was only going to visit Epcot one evening, with a friend who works for the company. She proceeded to ask me if he had a friend. I had no idea what she meant and we went back and forth, until I finally just said, “yes.” I later found out that a “friend” of a cast member is the terminology used for the character the cast member plays. Not knowing this, I was completely confused trying to decipher what Carrie meant, and felt rather foolish. In addition, when I was handed my key holder, someone’s telephone number was written on the back. It was an out-of-town number, and I didn’t call it; however, if my telephone number was written on something and given to another guest, I know I would be incredibly upset.

When I arrived at my room, I found that there was a door connecting my room to the adjacent room. I have had far too many sleepless nights when staying in a room with a connecting door, so I immediately called the operator to request a room change. Danny, who answered, told me that someone would call me back. I asked him if I was to stay in my room and if someone would call me there, or if he meant my cell phone, or if I needed to visit the front desk. He said he didn’t know what rooms were available, so someone would have to call me back. I asked again if I was to remain in my room or if I needed to visit the front desk. Danny became very curt and replied, “Well, if you want to go to the front desk, you can.” At that point, I changed the tone of my voice and informed Danny that I was simply trying to comprehend what the best way to handle the situation was, and where it would be best for me to be. If I was going to move rooms right away, why should I use/soil the room in which I was currently assigned? At that point, he sheepishly apologized, I told him I would wait for the phone call, and I ended the call. Shortly thereafter, I did receive a call and was moved to another room.

That night, when I returned to my room at approximately 8:45pm, I turned on the heat. When no hot air was emitted, I called the operator and explained the situation. She informed me that she would dispatch someone from the engineering department. At approximately 8:55pm, a woman arrived, removed the cover to the compressor area, but was unable to rectify the problem. She informed me that someone else would arrive in 5-10 minutes to see what he could do. At 9:20pm, I called the operator and asked to speak with a manager. Once again, I was speaking with “Danny,” with whom I had the unpleasant telephone encounter earlier in the afternoon. He asked what he could help me with and I told him I wanted to speak with the manager. Danny told me he would have the manager call me back. I insisted that it was urgent and that I was very upset. After 5 minutes, I called the operator again, and spoke with a woman. She asked what my problem was and I informed her that my problem was that nobody seemed to be able to do anything at the hotel. I told her that I was waiting for a call from the manager, and wanted to speak with him/her immediately. This operator informed me that the manager was not on property. At that point, I was livid and told her so. I informed her that I wanted a call from the manager immediately. A few minutes later, the manager of engineering called me and told me that the refrigeration technician would be to my room in five minutes. I informed him that I was told that nearly 30 minutes ago and asked if it would be easier for me to simply change rooms. At approximately 9:40pm, the technician arrived at my door. Fortunately, he was able to rectify the problem, but this was over an hour after I had originally logged the problem. The lack of urgency and lackadaisical attitude from the hotel staff was disheartening and appalling.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel hallways was poor. Floors looked as if they were vacuumed once a day, late at night. The area immediately in front of my hotel room door was rarely debris-free. On the first night of my stay, I took a glass, from the bar, back to my room. The following morning, I left my room at 6:40am. I returned at approximately 10:15am and the room had been serviced. The glass from the night before was left, by the housekeeper, on the floor outside of my room. At 6:00pm that night, the glass was still there. I observed numerous dirty dishes and glasses outside of rooms, in the hallways, throughout my stay, as they were not picked up in any sort of timely manner.

On the final morning of my stay, there was no hot water for my shower. I later learned that several of my colleagues experienced the same misfortune. Apparently, there was work completed on one of the boilers overnight, and it was planned; however, no advanced notice was provided to guests, nor even to the convention service cast members with whom my group was working.

I left my room the final morning of my stay at 6:40am. When I returned at approximately 10:00am, to pack my belongings and check out of the room, my room service tray from the night before had been cleared. Whoever cleared the tray also took my personal wine glass, which, to the best of my knowledge, held no resemblance to the glassware in the hotel. I immediately called room service and spoke with a woman named Maria, I believe. I explained what happened and she asked if I’d like to speak with a manager, to which I replied, “No, I’d like my glass back.” She told me she would check and call me back. Within five minutes, Melissa called my room, introduced herself and asked how she could assist me. I told her that someone was already assisting me. She replied that my glass had been found, washed, and was going to be returned to me. If she knew what my concern/issue was, why did she ask how she could help me? I asked if someone was returning it to my room right away, as I had to check out. She replied affirmatively, and within five minutes, the glass was delivered to my room.

Immediately after, I went down to the front desk and checked out. I don’t recall the gentleman’s name, but it was a tall, blonde man that checked me out. He asked how my stay was, to which I replied, “not good.” After a pregnant pause, he said that he was sorry to hear that and then asked if there was anything he could do. I replied, “No, there were just too many problems.” That was the end of the conversation. Really?!?! No further service recovery was attempted? At Disney? That’s shameful.

I did not choose to stay at the Yacht Club, and my employer paid my stay. I much prefer the Swan & Dolphin Hotel, where I have stayed for both personal and professional trips, and look forward to my next visit there. While I am certain that I will be booked at the Yacht Club for future work, I will not spend my personal money there until the quality improves drastically. And if this is the “new” level of what to expect from Disney, I will give great pause and thought before spending my money at this resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
13  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Great hotel on Disney property for families and guests that want easy access with transportation to all attractions. Excellent restaurants with great selection of different foods. Meal plan with snacks make this an ideal pick. It made traveling with a large family easy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rakams
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I traveled to Disney with my husband on a business trip and stayed at the Yacht club for the first time. The room was clean but definitely needs some updating with the bed and decor. The whole hotel could use a decor renovation. The pool and location to the parks were great. I'd say that's the best part of the resort.

The restaurants were all average (I ate in all of them) and expensive. Need to improve on that too. The room service was the absolute worst! Found pieces of plastic in my Mickey waffles. My eggs and sausage were all in edible. I'd say it's the worst room service I've ever had. With so many choices in hotels there, I don't think I will be returning to the Yacht club ever.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Alison672
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My best friend and her two children and myself and my daughter planned a week stay at Walt Disney World and decided to give the Yacht Club a try, so glad we did! What a beautiful resort! We were on the 4th floor over looking the garden, perfect view from our balcony! Some of the things we enjoyed; kids loved the pool, it's heated all year around, so in November at 40 degrees they got to swim. It's so nicely located between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, which was something we loved! We found this resort less crowed then the others we have stayed at, so the bus system was faster. All the staff was so friendly, I hope to stay back at the Yacht Club on our next visit to the Happiest Place On Earth!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends