“A great get-away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“A great get-away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were delighted once again to stay at the Disney Yacht Club Resort. Having stayed before and also at the Beach Club, we enjoyed saying at the Club level this trip. The staff was courteous and helpful, the accommodations on par and the proximity to the Disney parks great. Since we really enjoy EPCOT, this is a great location since it is walking distance from the hotel. We recommend it especially to Disney park goers!

Room Tip: A room with a water view is preferable unless you are going to be in the parks all day. The pools a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jim V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went here for a meeting. I know, odd place to have a week long conference. The staff was pleasant not overly friendly but nice. The hotel itself was quite dated and not as clean and nice as I would have expected from a Disney property. Generally, one is captive when staying at this resort. If you are headed here for a conference pack some food so you are not bound to the overpriced food. The restaurants are nice and the food generally good. One standout was the watchman's steakhouse, where the steaks were excellent, again, overpriced but excellent. My room was noisy, I could here my neighbors each night as they came in with their kids. The conference center also was noisy and quite cold. Not the best place for a conference.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pafabpt
Walnut Cove, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My friend and I just spent three nights at the Yacht Club. This was my seventh trip to Disneyworld. I have also stayed at the Riverbend (Magnolia Bend), Animal kingdom Lodge and the Grand Floridian, so I have something to compare. This was my third time at the Yacht Club and it is by far my favorite of the Disney Hotels I have sampled.

It is important to note that I am an older woman with no kids. This might not be the best hotel for little ones, as it is very elegant and sedate. It does have a terrific pool, however! In the past, I was always give a standard room with a view of the bushes or the parking lot. So I was astonished this time to be given a room with a gorgeous full view of the lake behind the hotel. The rooms are immaculate and all of them have balconies. Yes, the toilet/bathtub area could be more spacious, but it serves its purpose. I think the mattresses could use an upgrade as well, though they're still comfortable. They are completely comparable to the more expensive rooms at the Grand Floridian.

The hotel grounds are just beautiful. The view across the lake is of the festive Disney Boardwalk and the international side of Epcot: I could see the Eiffel Tower from my room, as well as the Epcot fireworks. There is even a quieter pool for these who'd rather avoid the enthusiastic kids in the main pool.

The proximity to Epcot is one of my top reasons for loving this hotel. There are boats to take you to Epcot or you can walk the short distance yourself and be in the international area at once. A short boat ride can also carry you to the Hollywood Studios. You need to take a complimentary bus to the Magic Kingdom and the.other parks, but you pick these up right outside the front door of the hotel. All of the hotels have advantages and disadvantages regarding proximity to the various parks, so you might want to consider that in choosing your hotel. But you can't beat the Yacht Club for Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

There is a restaurant with a good and reasonably priced breakfast buffet and a terrific steakhouse on the premises.

This is just a lovely, romantic hotel. Again, not as active as some ( but far from dead...you can rent boats, bicycles...people do gave a lot of fun here) but I can't think of anywhere as beautiful In all of Disney than the Yacht Club at night.

Room Tip: I don't know how I got that lake view room at the standard room price! Spoiled me for next time...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Donna C
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here for one night, after a week long stay at the Beach Club. Our few thoughts:

Room: The bathrooms were so so tiny. We honestly could barely get in and out of the room that the toilet and the shower are in, and we are skinny people. Also, our bathroom was dirty. Hair everywhere, particularly in the shower.

Amenities: We didn't like that you had to go over to the Beach Club for the quick service/coffee refill area and thought that was really inconvenient.

Ambience/Feel of the hotel: This is what we didn't love about it. We felt it had a quieter, slightly more pretentious, less kid friendly feel to it. I am not suggesting this is a bad thing, but for our family of 4, it just wasn't the right fit. It would have been better for just the two of us or with older kids.

Location and Stormalong Bay, as with the Beach Club, still remain an amazing feature of this hotel. We wouldn't stay here again, however, because we far preferred the vibe and offerings of the Beach Club.

Overall, while we wouldn't choose The Yacht Club again, I can see why two adults or families with other kids would choose it. As a family with younger kids, I truly feel that there are a lot better options on the Disney property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nakt
Shipshewana, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We just returned from our stay at Disney's Yacht Club in late June, and was very pleased with our experience. Our travel agent managed to upgrade us to Club Level, and now we're spoiled! We loved the benefit of having breakfast, snacks, & drinks available to us at no extra cost. All of the hotel staff were very nice and helped us out with anything we needed. The room was clean and comfortable, and we even got an upgrade to a water view. We LOVED Stormalong Bay, which is one of the main reasons we wanted to stay at this resort. Some have noted that the Yacht Club feels stuffy, be we didn't feel that way at all, especially being plain ordinary folks who happened to be fortunate enough to stay at the Regatta Club. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Sandy R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just spent 5 nights at the resort. We were there June 27 to July 2. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids. We were lucky enough to have connecting rooms which was more important than our view. The amenities at this hotel were amazing for all of us. We spent 3 days hopping around the parks, but also spent a lot of time at the hotel itself. We all enjoyed the pools and restaurants. The rooms were clean and the staff was always very friendly and helpful. We had three teenagers and a 5 year old. They all had an amazing experience and loved everything about the hotel. The location was excellent with a bus ride to Magic Kingdom, boat rides to the Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios, and a short walk to Epcot. We made use of the extra hours at the parks also. The only complaint I would have is that it only had one set of elevators, which we had to spend some time waiting for.We
were told the stairs were for emergency only. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The resort feel was a great escape away from the parks. We will definitely go again. Thanks Yacht Club!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank smccafferty27
Monsey, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for four nights in a room that faced the lagoon with a view of the EPCOT fireworks. Very easy access to EPCOT and the Studios. Rooms are adequate, clean and well lighted. Was there at a convention rate don't know if I would pay the full price c

Stayed October 2013