Just got back from a split stay at the Boardwalk and Yacht Club. The pool and location are what justifies the prices they charge at this hotel. You can easily park hop at this hotel by jumping on the Friendship boats into Epcot and Disney Studios. We found the buses to both Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom to be very convenient and never really had to wait much at all for transportation. The bus transportation here was much better than we had at a moderate this past winter.
I laugh when I hear people debate staying here or the Beach Club because it really is just one huge resort. The hallways do go on and on and on…Once we figured out our routes to the pool/Boardwalk we were fine. Looooong walk to refill mugs if the pool bar area was not open, which wasn't until 11:00 am.
The pool is great. They have a lazy river and a slide and a unique sand bottom. It absorbs the crowds pretty well. I will say that although everyone raves about the pool, we stayed at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek last year and I found that pool as good if not better. Its off property, so thats an issue, but it has just as good of a pool. And they let you have your beverages in the pool, which I enjoyed.
The quick service near the pool has a good seafood sandwich at a reasonable price (for Disney!). I also appreciated the way they made sure that the people using the pool actually are staying there by checking the Magic Bands and giving an additional wristband. They were also cool with bringing in our own beverages and snacks, which I always appreciate. Bad news - good luck getting more than a chair or two together if you aren't down there early. With the daily thunderstorms that pass through the staff shuts down the pool, takes all the towels off, and everyone gets to start over, and I kind of liked that so that we could get better chairs when it cleared up.
Our room looked fresh and possibly newly remodeled. The flat screen could be pulled out so that the person sleeping on the day bed could also see it as well.
If location is important to you this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club at this lakeside hotel. Relax in the inviting elegance of a plush lobby replete with nautical touches, explore the whimsical Stormalong Bay and rent a variety of watercraft from Bayside Marina. Sharing many amenities with its pastel-toned sister, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Yacht Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Yacht Club Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Yacht Hotel
- Disneys Yacht Resort
- Yacht Club Disney
- Disney Yacht And Beach Club
- Yacht Club Orlando
- Disney Yacht Club Resort
- Disneys Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort Orlando, Florida