“Best stay ever, anywhere!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #56 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We just got home last night after 5 nights at the Yacht Club. All I can say was it was great. My wife and I, 21 year old daughter and her boyfriend went, adjoining rooms. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I have seen where people are complaining about the size of the bathroom. It was fine with me you only use the bathroom or shower, why does it need to be larger? The double sinks and vanity are outside of it which is great. The balcony overlooking the pool was very nice also. The room had the best air conditioner of anywhere I had ever stayed, which was nice with it being so hot in mid August. We ate at The Yachtsman steakhouse, Cape May cafe on morning for breakfast, Beaches and Cream one lunch, Crews Cup Lounge late one evening, and a sandwich at Hurricane Hannahs. All were very very good. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and the Polynesian before the Yacht Club is hands down our favorite. It seems to be as others have said more adult oriented maybe because of the convention center there. The pool area is amazing. The atmosphere of the whole complex is amazing. Walking around the boardwalk at night or just a 5 minute walk into the world showcase at Epcot, which is my favorite of all. I normally don't do reviews but had to after this stay

Room Tip: We were in rooms 4217 and 4219 overlooking the roof below, but could see the pool and the boardwald
7  Thank dodgegm

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time in late July until early August with my sister (we are both in our late 20s). We were lucky to get a 30% off room discount through Disney VISA Credit Card, but still managed to pay a good amount for the trip. This would definitely be a splurge hotel if you're a big family with a few kids, but since we're not, we decided to go all out!

We arrived with the Magical Express around 10:30 am and were immediately greeted by a hotel check-in Cast Member with an iPad asking us questions. They took us to the check-in counter and while there weren't many people in the lobby, and only one other person checking in, check in still managed to take 10-15 minutes. Surprising, but I rather them take their time and get everything correct (didn't happen, but more on that later). This is where they linked my MagicBand to my name and credit card and my sister's MagicBand to her name and credit card so we could easily charge things to our room with the MagicBands. After that, our room was ready! (Probably rare for a Saturday morning check in, but we requested this when we checked in online prior to arriving.) We were in room 4161, which was on the top floor with a magical upgrade to lagoon view! (We originally booked garden view, but we could see the top of the Eiffel Tower from our balcony!) Our room felt away and isolated from everyone else and I loved that because I don't want to hear people walking down the hallway very late at night/very early in the morning. THE VIEW. WOW. It was gorgeous. We spent ample time on our balcony just enjoying the view. The full balcony (in every room) was a great added perk to this resort. Nothing bad to say about the room. I'd say it's larger than your typical hotel room.

Pool: So much fun. I loved how big it was... you always felt like you weren't bored and could explore! Since Yacht and Beach Clubs share Stormalong Bay, you would think there'd be a ton of people, but on the Yacht side, there were a lot less people. Stay on that side if you don't want to hear the music/volleyball players. Hurricane Hanna's (poolside bar) had very yummy pina coladas (though a little weak - ask for a floater), and the food was delicious. No complaints and friendly Cast Members there, too.

Restaurants: We grabbed (REAL!) coffee and pastries at Ale & Compass, which had slow service surprisingly... not like we were rushing to catch a bus or anything :x We ate at Captain's Grille for breakfast buffet which is always delicious. Typical Disney buffet, so you know you won't be let down. Good price, too. Crew's Cup Lounge had an AMAZING lobster roll and even more yummy pina coladas.

Transportation: I heard the bus from Yacht Club to Magic Kingdom took long, but I would say it was about a 15-20 minute ride. Not bad at all! I always got a seat and the buses weren't crowded. I'm going to complain about the air conditioning that was FREEZING COLD, which can be nice after a hot day, but I don't want to carry around a sweater just for the bus ride! Bus drivers overall were ok, nothing special, but there was one really annoying driver who was talking loudly through the microphone to the riders late at night when many children were trying to sleep. The ferries were a great way to get to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, though, you could EASILY walk to EPCOT - it was so close! But when you have heatstroke, it's easier to sit down and take a boat to the park. The ferries don't have A.C., so sit near a door for fresh air!

Mousekeeping: We didn't need this every day because sometimes we didn't know when we were/weren't going to be in the room, but they always left us a voicemail to call them when we wanted them to come clean our room. We were able to call them as late as 6pm and they still came! Very nice people.

FIRE DRILL: A weird thing to mention, don't you think? Well, there was one day we went to rope drop at the Magic Kingdom (woke up at 6am!) and came back to our room around 1pm since we were dying from heat exhaustion and had no energy. We were both napping and THE FIRE ALARM STARTS SCREAMING. It was terrifying! We ran out of the room and towards a mousekeeper to ask her if this was a drill. She wasn't fazed and said it was, but we still exited the building. There were a few other families near the exit and then no one knew when to go back in the building or what was going on. I had to call the front desk from my cell phone (which actually means you're calling a call center in Florida) and asked them if we could go back in. They said it was just a drill. When we got back to our room, we were not happy. We immediately called the front desk and they said we were supposed to be alerted by a note under our door that this was a drill. We didn't get a note! They said they would alert the hotel manager, but then we never even received a call back! That was horrible customer service. Give us a $10 voucher for food or SOMETHING. VERY unprofessional.

Check out: I believe you basically get checked out "automatically", so there's nothing to do. They emailed me a list of all my charges, which was weird because they were actually my sisters' charges. That's when I knew something had gone wrong. We went to the check-out desk so my sister could get a print out of her charges, which actually happened to be MY charges. They linked the wrong credit cards to the wrong charges. I thought they could easily switch the charges, but this "has never happened before!", so they were quite stunned (though, the person next to me was having the same problem!) This was a whole big debacle and was really annoying because we had to go to the counter a few times. Once to address the issue. Second time to get a revised print out of my charges that said they were crediting me, and that's when I started getting nervous because I thought were were cutting close with the Magical Express picking us up to go to the airport. What sucked was that since they had to credit my account, it could take "2-3 weeks to show on my statement". That's a pain. It's their fault they charged me the wrong amount and now I won't have my money back for possibly three weeks? If they would have done it right in the beginning, this wouldn't have happened. I am most surprised this happened because when we checked in, the Cast Member was SO careful to get my information and my sister's information correct, so I'm not sure if this was system error or what. This was quite a headache on our last day.

OVERALL: I love this hotel most because it was so quiet! Since a lot of big families don't stay here, it's SO QUIET AND NICE. I would wake up at 7am sometimes and just sit on the balcony and there wouldn't be a soul on the boardwalk (except for the occasional runner). I never once heard children screaming in the halls. I love that this is more young adult focused (don't know if that has to do with the price, though Beach Club is a very similar price and there were a TON of families there). it's an incredibly classy hotel and you feel like you're in another world (that's the Disney magic for ya!) You really do feel like you're a part of an exclusive club! It's perfect that the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk are in an ideal and stunning location. The hotel is gorgeous from head to toe! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, and I am looking forward to our next trip back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank wgnwmn
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just got back from a split stay at the Boardwalk and Yacht Club. The pool and location are what justifies the prices they charge at this hotel. You can easily park hop at this hotel by jumping on the Friendship boats into Epcot and Disney Studios. We found the buses to both Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom to be very convenient and never really had to wait much at all for transportation. The bus transportation here was much better than we had at a moderate this past winter.

I laugh when I hear people debate staying here or the Beach Club because it really is just one huge resort. The hallways do go on and on and on…Once we figured out our routes to the pool/Boardwalk we were fine. Looooong walk to refill mugs if the pool bar area was not open, which wasn't until 11:00 am.

The pool is great. They have a lazy river and a slide and a unique sand bottom. It absorbs the crowds pretty well. I will say that although everyone raves about the pool, we stayed at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek last year and I found that pool as good if not better. Its off property, so thats an issue, but it has just as good of a pool. And they let you have your beverages in the pool, which I enjoyed.

The quick service near the pool has a good seafood sandwich at a reasonable price (for Disney!). I also appreciated the way they made sure that the people using the pool actually are staying there by checking the Magic Bands and giving an additional wristband. They were also cool with bringing in our own beverages and snacks, which I always appreciate. Bad news - good luck getting more than a chair or two together if you aren't down there early. With the daily thunderstorms that pass through the staff shuts down the pool, takes all the towels off, and everyone gets to start over, and I kind of liked that so that we could get better chairs when it cleared up.

Our room looked fresh and possibly newly remodeled. The flat screen could be pulled out so that the person sleeping on the day bed could also see it as well.

If location is important to you this is the place!

Room Tip: It is a large place, so if you want to be near something (buses, boats, beverage refill, etc) I woul...
4  Thank aloha35
Reviewed 19 August 2014

nice nautical theme, super comfy beds , nice water view, rocking chairs on the lobby porches, big globe and nautical items in the lobby, even a commodore gentleman in the lobby to greet you, close to the boardwalk with shops/restaurants--great big pool with awesome slide, pool has sand on the floor for that "beach" feel--good breakfast buffet--server even offered me an omelet since there wasn't an omelet station at the buffet. One thing is we couldn't get my son a hamburger for a late dinner....not offered anywhere---pool bar was closed, and the Beaches and Cream café was ALWAYS booked, we tried and tried to get a resv during our 3 nite stay....no go :( We did enjoy the ice cream at the walk up counter though. We actually wound up driving over to the All Star resorts to eat at the food courts since they had more kid friendly offerings! This resort is connected to the Beach club resort, so the pool is shared, but it's large.That property has a seafood buffet at night---that section of that resort smells like fish so if you don't like fish, stay away from there!

Room Tip: get a water view on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spacemountainmom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughters and I just got back from a vacation in WDW. We thought we would stay at the Yacht Club Resort. Last year we stayed at it's sister resort, The Beach Club, and loved the 3 acre pool. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Upon arrival in the morning a cast member came out to the Magic Express Bus to welcome us and to let us know our room was ready! We booked a Garden View and was actually given a room with a side Water View! The resort is beautiful, we loved the nautical theme. Everyone that works there was so accommodating to us and fulfilled every request. The room was very spacious, clean, the beds were sooo comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. We found a more adult crowd staying here, as opposed to The Beach Club that had more children. The Yacht Club was more peaceful. We would definitely recommend this resort and it made our trip very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Look at a map of the hotel and request your room preference during online check in. You could also s...
2  Thank NjDisneygal
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Cannot say enough good things about this resort. Location cannot be beat with easy boat/walking transportation to HS and Epcot. Garden view room was lovely with a side view of Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. Room was spotless and everyone there was great. Stormalong Bay was fantastic, kids loved pool games and we even won at pool bingo. Raouf who organizes pool activities is wonderful with the kids. Loved it, will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is beautiful, the grounds immaculate, and the location was great. The location can't be beat. It's next to Epcot and Hollywood Studios plus the Boardwalk is across the lake. Loved the Storm-along Bay pool. I liked being able to take the friendship boats to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The restaurants were great. Plus you can sleep 5 people in the room.

Now for the few negatives for me. One is that the hotel was enormous. I felt like I needed a map to find my room lol. Though beautiful I prefer a smaller resort. Secondly the rooms. They are nice accommodations but outdated. I felt for the amount of money we paid for the deluxe room digital thermostats or better ways to regulate the AC would be nice rather than a dial that says hi and lo. Also the tv looked odd how it was attached to the wall. The coffee in the room was awful. It was just not what I was expecting. Third it took about 30 mins to get back to the resort from Magic Kingdom. If you are spending most of your time in MK this might not be best location for you. Fourth, there are no quick options for breakfast here before you head to the parks only sit down restaurants. While sit down restaurants are lovely I'd prefer one option for something fast.

Overall I liked the Deluxe hotel, glad we had a chance to stay there but prefer a moderate resort. If you do your research ahead of time you will have a great trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family