“OMG! The BEST place I have ever stayed!”

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Boston, Massachusetts
“OMG! The BEST place I have ever stayed!”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The perfect place to relax and enjoy Disney! While the Beach Club seemed to have younger families, The Yacht was more sedate and pleasurable. Unbelievable pool, the NICEST employees (cast members!) and the prettiest of hotels. We had two queens and a daybed and were quite comfortable in the room...we weren't stepping on each other all of the time. The Boardwalk is lovely and the hotel is a mere five minute walk to Epcot. I cannot compliment this hotel enough--I will never be able to stay anywhere else. The absence of obvious clocks made this stay the most relaxing and enjoyable I have ever had. If someone had not told me, I never would have known that huge dance competitions were taking place at the next hotel and many of the dancers were staying at the Yacht and Beach Resorts. What a joy it was to stay there!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Thai first
Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My family (husband, three teens) and I recently stayed for seven nights at The Yacht Club Resort, departing on July 4th. We were so happy with this Disney property. We have previously stayed at The Polynesian and Caribbean Beach resorts. The grounds and the lobby are quite impressive and well kept. Every staff person we came into contact with was polite and professional. There's even a gentleman dressed as a ship's captain greeting the guests as you pass through the lobby. We had pre-ordered groceries online from the Garden Grocer and the bellman brought them up to our room with our luggage. We had connecting rooms, ours having two queens and a daybed. Both our rooms had a water view with a balcony and a patio set. We could see a lot of the nightly fireworks' show at Epcot. The rooms were comfortable and we appreciated the coffee maker, refrigerator and in wall safe. The location was fantastic, just a short boat ride on Crescent Lake from Epcot, The Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios. Out in front of the resort was a bus stop for all the parks and Downtown Disney as well. Only the first night did we hear any noise from other guests coming back from the parks late at night. Other than that it was very quiet. Not sure if it was the room darkening drapes or just being exhausted after being at the parks but we all agreed we slept great there! The best were the Stormalong Bay pools, beaches, lazy river and water slide exclusively for the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Also, another great thing was that there were so many open chaises and chairs and tables surrounding the pools. I was concerned for the occasional wild duck or two swimming and drinking the pools' water but the lifeguard explained the special filtration system the pools have and the low chlorinated water doesn't harm them. (last time I was on water with a duck was in a canoe in Vermont!) The only suggestions I have is to make the Internet access in rooms FREE and to get the front desk phone staff to brush up on giving directions to hotel laundry rooms and local stores. We ate our dinners at various restaurants at Epcot, The Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We used our groceries for breakfast and some lunches. We did however get the resort's room service once and had ice cream from Beaches and Cream...prices are a bit high BUT the food and ice cream was GREAT!! We used the resort's Airline Express bag and seat check in which allowed us to check our luggage and get our boarding passes at the hotel the morning of our departure. It was great not having to lug all our suitcases into and out of the rental car to curbside check in. I hope my review is helpful for those who are un-decided about staying at The Yacht Club because I honestly feel if you choose this Disney resort you'll be very happy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank elm5
Farmington,MI
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Our daughter was competing at Irish Dance Nationals and the Disney Yacht Club Resort was the overflow hotel for the group. We had reservations at the Disney Swan Resort for two of the nights and because they were booked we made our first night reservation at the Yacht Club Resort. We later discovered that the Swan had a room open up and we wanted to cancel our Yacht Club reservation and stay at the Swan for the three nights of the competition. When I called to make the change at first I was told because we were staying at the resort we would be able to make the change with no cancellation fee. AFTER being on the phone for 45 minutes and being transferred to NUMEROUS people I was told I WOULD indeed be charged at the YachtClub for the first night if I changed to the Swan! In addition to the time wasted on the phone and the MISINFORMATION I was given, we then had to move all of our things from one hotel to the other after the first night. The whole ordeal was frustrating and illogical!
I'm sure this won't happen ever again because I don't intend to EVER stay at the Yacht Club Resort!

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank CAKFarm
Athens, GA
Reviewed 30 June 2010

What can I say that hasn't been said already? We had been wanting to stay here for a long time because of the pool and finally took the leap due to a 40% off discount code I received via email, which I think is now available to the public for certain dates. (And no, I don't work for Disney!) We loved this place! This is the first (of 8) Disney trips where we really took the time to relax, and it is because of the fabulous pool. Although it is quite big, the way it is laid out, with a small, but very nice, lazy river, and the separation into various "coves," including one for the kiddies with a large sand bar in the middle for digging and castle-building, makes it seem quite intimate. I spent a lot of time watching my kids swim while enjoying a book and a snack from the poolside-grill.

Our room was lovely, with a nautical theme, with lovely plush white duvets, and even though our view was "standard" we looked out into a nice grassy/wooded area. All of the staff here were incredibly friendly and helpful.

After many stays at various Magic Kingdom resorts, I was a little concerned that I would not be happy spending money for an expensive resort that was so far from the MK. However, we really enjoyed the location. It is a very short walk to Epcot, best for visits to the "world" area, as I call it, due to its distance from the main entrance. You can also take a boat, but I think it is much quicker to walk. It is easy to hop over for a meal. You can also take a boat to Hollywood Studios, which is fairly quick. Also, the hotel is on the boardwalk, across from the, you guessed it, Boardwalk Hotel, and there are multiple dining options along here. We mostly just enjoyed the delicious chili dogs and funnel cakes! Also, there was a great magician performing on the boardwalk that we all loved. The miniature golf course Fantasia is also about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. We actually ended up driving when we went to anywhere other than HS and Epcot, because the buses stop at all the Epcot resorts before heading out to the parks, and since Yacht Club is the second stop, you end up going to 3 other hotels before heading to the parks.

The hotel also offers nightly movies for free on the "beach" area, which we enjoyed one night, as well as marshmallow roasts.

My only complaint about this hotel would be that there are very limited options for quick service foods. All the other resorts at Disney where we have stayed have a cafe area with many pre-made salads, yoghurt, snacks, as well as a grill area for full breakfasts, pizza, sandwiches, burgers etc. You have to walk all the way to the Beach Club (believe me, quite a hike) for anything remotely like this, and their choices are much more limited than at other resorts. There are refrigerators in the rooms, however, and we kept milk and cereal in the room for quick, inexpensive breakfasts, and saved our food money for lunches and dinners.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, particularly if you are not planning on going to the Magic Kingdom frequently during your stay. Just bring some light food for the room for quick meals unless you really like having a sit-down meal for all your meals.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Dutton, AL
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Where are the people at Disney this year?? I do believe we were among only a few people staying at the Yacht Club during the time we were there. That was our fifth stay at the Yacht Club, and I have never seen it so deserted! Also at the restaurants, even though they say they are booked solid, maybe with empty tables not people. Seems everyone was trying to keep up the appearance of being dilled to capacity. Even the parks were not crowded, the workers did not seem as "happy" as they were during previous visits. Oh well, it is the economy, I guess. If so, why is Disny not giving some real deals? and they are not, you know.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We just spent a week here at the YC. Check in was on a Saturday. It took maybe 10 minutes . First of all the moment you arrive they greet you by name. ( We checked in online the day before) As we walked in through the lobby the smell was amazing. Not sure the scent but if you imagine a beach/ yacht scent , this is it! Very light scent not overpowering. Can't believe I'm talking about the scent but it truly was a nice surprise. Anyway, our preteen loved the pool. It was by far the best pool I've ever been in , The sandy bottom was always warm and the sand felt so good on the feet.. We made a sandcastle and really enjoyed our time in the pool. It was just like the beach minus the salt and waves. The steakhouse at the YC was so so good. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The only negative thing I can say about this place is the cost ,but it lived up to every expectation we had so to me it's well worth the extra cost. It was crowded a bit in the pool area during the day but we were always able to find a good spot . The next time we visit I think we will spend more time at the pool instead of the parks. Oh and that brings to mind how close Epcot is to the YC. We arrived in the late evening at check in, so we walked to Epcot ( took 5 min) . Housecleaning was always generous with bath products and cleaned our room everyday. So much I haven't mentioned. Keep in mind we did not visit during a holiday, we requested at room near the lobby so walking to the pool was really fast. No special room view . I think this made a huge difference. Quieter , cleaner and more convenient . I hope to visit the YC in the future. It was our best vacation yet!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank justmyopinion19
Biloxi, MS
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I traveled here on business for a conference but brought my wife and 2 year old son. This resort is absolutely fabulous! It is so convinient to get around all of Disney's parks with thier excellent transportation system. We had a car but never used it because the Disney trabsportation was so easy.

The hotel is in exellent shape and was very quiet dispite being a Disney resort. I think it attracts an older clientel but we greatly enjoyed it. The pool area is not to be missed. The sand bottom pool and beach are excellent. The staff was great and knew our names throughout the trip. The Boardwalk area is right next door and offers nightlife and many dining options.

I cannot comment on the price of this hotel because my company paid for it. We have longed to be back at the Yacht Club since we returned home and trying to plan a trip back as soon as possible. I would highly reccommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business