We are Disney Vacation Club members but do not "own" here, so we were excited for our wait-list wish to come true. This was our anniversary trip, so we were looking for somewhere a bit more romantic than our normal weekend trips over to Disney World. We got a nice stay in a very nicely furnished wheelchair accessible room. I requested that our room be ready upon our early arrival (and it was), which explains why we were put in that room.
Pros about the hotel/rooms:
- new hotel, so furnishings, linens, etc. are new
- we were called by name from the time we arrived at the front door
- very attentive staff
- the monorail ran right near our room, but we barely heard it or any sounds from outside
- transportation options to move around without using a car were plenty (monorail, boat, and bus), and we could walk to the Polynesian
Cons about the hotel/rooms:
- transportation to theme parks and all shops/food (except vending machines) are in the main building of the Grand Floridian HOTEL, which is a couple minute walk from the Villas, something to keep in mind if you get a refillable mug
- our bed was uncomfortable
- had to go over to the hotel's hot tub- don't know why they didn't add one to the pool built right there considering this is a resort that tends more towards adults than kids.
- they were already having to re-do the fountain in the lobby, yet the Villas just opened in Fall, 2013- makes me wonder
All in all, we would absolutely stay there again, but we may not only because it is more expensive (cash for non-members and points for members).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida