“Great hotel”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #58 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It was closed to the parks. The staff at breakfast were friendly. The room was clean. We didn't see much of the hotel because we left the room at 8:00 am and came back at 10:00 pm. Rooms were a little small but who care, we were there just to sleep. They had a small fridge and a very tiny safe. The resort was quiet (except sometimes you could hear the door of the other rooms) and we had a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie-Claude J

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed at several of the deluxe resorts, Animal Kingdom, Polynesian and the Contemporary, we gave done two of the moderates, Port Orleans FQ, and the Caribbean Beach. We like to go several times a year and therefore the deluxe are not the best option for us. We love POFQ, it is very pretty, staff is wonderful... Friendly and attentive. The size is perfect for us and we love the boat ride to Downtown Disney! The food court has a nice variety and is fairly good. We also enjoy the pool and hot tub after a long day at the parks. The grounds are lovely to stroll around and sitting by the fountain with a good read is lovely. We have come here with our adult kids who also enjoy the hotel, they have been to the Animal Kingdom with us which they also love. The POFQ is Disney at its best!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Alicatred
Reviewed 31 March 2014

So glad we stayed here very close to most of the parks and bus service was on spot. Much more intimate than Riverside. Great for families with small children they showed movies on the green nightly. Though I traveled with teens. Much nicer than some of the other moderate places at Disney we have stayed. The grounds were spectacular. The best part was it was generally quiet no large groups of bands or cheerleaders here.

Room Tip: Nice if you are a runner also there is a path all the way through the resort.
2  Thank Caron V
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent 3 nights at a WDW property for first time in our lives. We wanted Riverside but got put at French Quarter due to availability of discounted rooms. It was conveniently located and had access via boat to a lot more and Disney perks, but the room was average.

It has a nice pool and you can walk along river or take boat to riverside property. The food court was actually pretty good food at both French Quarter and Riverside. We did enjoy the pool area and found staff to be very accommodating.

The room was just so cramped for 2 adults and 1 teen with very small bathroom area and the vanity was separate with a pull curtain. I would have been upset if I paid full price for this mid price Disney resort.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has best view and has less noise
1  Thank ToddR796
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter many times and I believe it's the best moderate priced resort at Disney. It's not huge so you will not feel over whelmed with vacationers. What's really nice is that it's sister resort, Riverside is right next door so you can take a nice walk over there or if you don't feel like walking, you can take a boat. You can also take a boat to Downtown Disney so for those of you that don't like the buses, this is a great way to go. It's a very pleasant ride. The food court has a nice selection or, you can walk over to Riverside (or take the boat) and eat at theirs. Riverside also has a restaurant but not sure about breakfast or lunch. I know they serve dinner. The pool area is very nice as well and our children/grandchildren love it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hartsgrove
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here with our 6 year old granddaughter.

Plus- The room size was fine - no complaints. The granddaughter really enjoyed the pool. We ate at the counter service restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by how healthy the kids selections were and the prices. The staff people were quite friendly and the grounds were lovely.

A big caveat with the hotel is that the bus service can be quite slow. The first day when we arrived we checked in and then were going over to Magic Kingdom. It took about 40 minutes for the bus to arrive. During our stay, we found the bus service to be quite spotty both coming and going. I am not sure why they don't have a GPS app whereby one can check to find out approximately when buses are going to arrive rather than having to rush to the bus stop only to wait and wait.

Minuses - the door molding on the bathroom door was flapping loose so that it caught every time one shut the door. On the second day our room still hadn't been made up by late afternoon so my husband found the cleaning person and told her to just give him some fresh towels. The next day our room still didn't get made up. Once I can overlook - twice no so much. The biggest problem however was that on the fourth day we were moving to a different hotel within Disney. We checked our luggage at the Port Orleans around 8:00 in the morning and they were to transport it over. We checked into the other hotel in the early afternoon but had no luggage until around 5:00 PM. They said the van broke down but it seems that during a 9 hour period they could have found another van to move the luggage from on disney resort to another. There was no apology given. I would have expected more from a Disney property.

5  Thank mainlinegirl610
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at POFQ for the princess half marathon. I did the run and stayed at this resort in 2013 as well. I love this resort and although I have stayed at several Disney properties, this is one of my favorites! Traveling solo, safety is my primary concern. This quiet resort always feels safe. The rooms are clean and nicely sized. The staff are top notch! The bus service to the parks is the best I have seen at any resort! The food court is nicely sized and the bar is lovely. The pool was closed for refurbishment but I could have taken the shuttle to PoR to swim. I didn't because I had two races that weekend (10k saturday and half marathon sunday) and simply didn't have time. The fridge in the room holds lots of bottled water and snacks. The common areas of the resort are clean and well maintained. I will be returning to POFQ as soon as I am able-I love this resort!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo