Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
US$85
US$107
US$101
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$287
US$228
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$256
US$211
US$98
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
US$293
US$261
Travelocity
US$425
US$356
5,787 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I reviewed Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter a few days ago and mistakenly gave the overall rating as only 1 star when I meant to give it 5 stars. A few readers of my review have messaged me pointing out the error so I felt that I needed to address the mistake. My experience at this resort was absolutely wonderful and very deserving of a 5 star rating. Consider this my revision to the original review!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I love French Quarters. We arrived and were greeted in true Disney style. We had the perfect room (same as last time) but this time we had a little problem. The front desk was great. They moved us immediately. ( I believe his name was Allen and he was a blessing). We stayed for 10 days and loved this hotel. The gardens are beautiful. It appears as if you have your own entrance to a gateway garden. We took a boat to downtown Disney and to the Turf club. Nice way to travel. We never had to wait for a bus and during certain times the bus goes directly to a park with no stops at Riverside. The breakfast food was very good and you can order beignet that are way too good for one's health. We used the laundry and the pool and made use of the Disney store. The place is immaculate and friendly people everywhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 1 and could see the waterway but all buildings are relatively close to the main eating area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank leisureone
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've been visiting WDW for many years, and I've stayed at many different properties, from All Stars to the Riverside (next door) to Yacht and Beach.

The property is great but their staff is far from helpful. I wish I could give this place a better review but to be fair, I'm giving this place 4 stars because i love this property but the staff (especially the night crew) is IMMENSELY INSENSITIVE! Otherwise I'd give them 1 star for what we experienced. I know that this may have been a 1 time horror story, but I hope this will help someone.

Let's start off with the negative experience:

1. It may sound petty but the morning staff in the food court can be a bit nicer, especially the beignet staff. I believe this is the only property that sells beignets. I know that is probably the more popular food item, and they probably have the busiest line. Don't take it out on the tourist. I don't need attitude or for you to snap at me because we can't decide on a dime what we want. I'm a tourist who's first day is to decide "Wow, what do I want to eat?". A nice "How can I help you?" would have been nicer.

The property is small so the food court area reflect it, and is also small. There's not a lot of tables, and the food court is crowded, with people who all want to eat fast so they can hit the theme parks. Kids are screaming, parents are scolding, and overall the anxiety level rises.

With that being said, my biggest gripe is how we were treated by the night crew upon returning from Celebration Hospital.

2. DON'T GET HURT AT WDW. My elderly friend got hurt at the Winnie the Pooh attraction (cast member started the cart before she fully disembarked, and she was tossed on the floor) and had to be taken to Celebration Hospital. We ended up there until 2 am, and to make matters more stressful, we were supposed to check out that day.

When the taxi driver dropped us off, we asked the front desk for a wheel chair.

Response: Sorry, can't find one. (Sigh)

We asked the front desk if we could have an extension for our check out.

The front desk said my friend could, but I could not, because technically I wasn't hurt or in hospital. I told them we travel as a group, we are like family. Of course I'm not going to ditch my friend to say "well, I have to sleep because I have to check out tomorrow." Needless to say, I had to check out on time, and had a terrible flight home. No apologies nor did they ask what room I was in. That was the worse part of my 5 day visit.

MORAL OF THE STORY... Don't get hurt on a Disney ride. Disney won't acknowledge you're hurt, and will not pay for the ambulance ride to the hospital (bill comes later). They also won't give you a copy of the Disney police/ security report, but they will give you the report number. I guess in case you plan on suing, which we told them we weren't... but I guess every guest is a liar, and not trustworthy.

They also got mad when I told them we didn't want to deal with a "lead" dressed in uniform, but wanted a real supervisor dressed in real clothes. The supervisor was mad because she was directing crowds during a parade and had to cross over the other side of Magic Kingdom to the respond to this. My friend layed on the floor for a good half hour before help arrived, and an additional half when the EMTs took her away.

On a positive note, Disney did give pay for the taxi ride back home.. kudos for that at 2:00 am.

Now, here's my likes.. and yes, I do really like Port Orleans, the property!!

LIKES:

At the end of the day, you're not huffing to your room. I typically try to stay in building 5 near the bus drop off, because I am pretty lazy and don't want to walk far. But I believe this place has like 10 buildings? So hardly a walk. If you are lazy, its not really worth splurging for a river view, because those buildings are farther down the walk way, and also away from the lobby. Some property like Beach Club or Boardwalk has their rooms layed out in a maze, or Riverside is spread out like a southern plantation. Those properties either have multiple bus stops or offer you a golf cart to get to your room. Really, that's too large!

2. its a mid range hotel. So its not the most expensive or the cheapest, but you get a decent size room, the resort is quiet (because its smaller) and the food court is pretty good. Its the only one you can get fresh beignets in the morning. The rooms are quite large by WDW standards, and you get 2 sinks in the room.

I think WDW realized that Orleans is becoming a hidden gem and fan favorite, as they no longer offer this as part of their promotions when they offer 30% off, or such discounts. They will offer their sister property Riverside because it is much bigger, but to me, its worth paying a little more to stay here versus next door.

Hope this helps.. and be safe! As I said, I'm giving 4 stars because I do love the quaint property. But the Disney "Magic" when you get hurt.. NO BUENO.

Room Tip: Building 4 or 5 is close to bus and lobby
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank callmemochelle
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean. Great pool. Downtown Disney is a short boat ride away for plenty of restaurant options. There is also a very good restaurant at Port Orleans Riverside - a short walk away. I was a little turned off by the front desk. Arrived at 1:02pm to ask for my luggage to be sent to the airport ahead of me. They told me 1pm was the cut-off. It wasn't a big deal for us as it was only one suitcase. I was more irritated by the lack of any extra effort. On a positive note, the lifeguards were outstanding.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank HobokenTravel
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for four nights in the end of March. The rooms are basic and fulfilled the needs of us (two adults and 6 and 4 year old). Like most families, we stayed on property for the ease of the transportation and magic bands. The pool is really great and they also have an arcade to keep the little ones busy. The restaurant is all counter service but we didn't have any issues with the menus. We used the Disney meal plan for the first time and it's very easy to use but the choices you have aren't exactly the healthiest. We are on the fence about staying off property/or on property because of this. The wait for the bus wasn't very long and it was easy to determine which bus you needed. We brought a stroller down with us (both of them fought to be in it) but it was good to have when they got tired. On the last night we walked up to Riverside and rode the horse/buggy all around Riverside. You have to call the main Disney line (get this at the front desk) and reserve it with a credit card (but you have to pay cash when you actually go for the ride). All in all, it's a perfect place to stay if you don't plan on being in the room a lot. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for Building 4.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family