We stayed here in May for 2 weeks and completely fell in love with it. It's a great size - has a main building with a store, restaurant, bar and reception. It has 5 buildings with rooms, and a big enough swimming pool.
There is a grass area in the centre of the buildings (3 & 4) from what I remember, which plays movies at 9pm everynight. The movies change every night, we definitely enjoyed watching Frozen and Tangled under the stars!!
The rooms were great - properly sized to accommodate the family size.
The rapid refill cups were definitely worth the money - there was a great choice of drinks (dr pepper, coke, lemonade, water, sprite etc) and you could refill it whenever you want.
The food was pretty good (chicken quesadilla and choc chip pancakes with strawberries being our favourites).
Staff were very helpful - especially Toni the man on bell services! Real easy to talk to and did a great Donald Duck impression.
There was shuttle buses from the outside to epcot, magic kingdom etc and a boat ride was available by the pool to downtown disney.
Could not fault this hotel - loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida