“Everything is Close”

Ranked #64 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New Windsor, New York
“Everything is Close”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed at other Disney moderate resorts and found this one to be quite nice. I love the fact that everything on the complex is pretty close in proximity. If you have ever stayed at a moderate resort you know that you have a pretty good chance that you are going to have to walk a good 5-10 minutes to get to all the places on the resort. This was not the case with Port Orleans French Quarter. The down side to this resort was that the rooms were just average. There was nothing special about any of them here. If you left a note or asked for anything the housekeepers would leave it for you. Another benefit to staying at a smaller moderate resort is that the lines for the buses and the frequency of the buses to go to the parks were great. My family did not wait for more than 10 minuets for a bus to arrive. We also had a scooter, and there was only one time that we had more than one person with a scooter get on the same bus with us. I would definitely stay at this resort again. If you have mobility issues and want a resort with everything very close this is it. Also, the bar in the lobby was nice. The bartender makes some slamming drinks!

Room Tip: Great for people with mobility issues. Building Two was in a decent location to the boat dock, lobb...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We are Disney fanatics that visit at least once a year and sometimes more. French Quarter is our favorite Disney moderate resort because of it's size. It is much smaller than most of the Disney properties so you don't feel like you are still standing in line in the park when you are at the hotel. The rooms were renovated a few years ago and it is one of the few moderate hotels which has queen size beds as most have only doubles. The pool is very nice and the food court is not overwelming like some of the larger hotels. The cobble stone street and horse drawn carriages are a nice touch. It almost feels like you really are in New Orleans.

Room Tip: You will pay a little more for rooms on the river but the view is nice.
5 Thank Nancy30342
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed for the 3rd time at POFQ 5/31 - 6/4/14. I have stayed at other Disney resorts and this is our favorite. However, I was sorely disappointed in the service. We did early check in and were told to check our bags in with bell services and when we arrived back to the resort they would bring our bags to the room. We came back and the guys were rude and handed all the luggage to me and my 11 y/o daughter...really??? I lugged it to our room, on the 3rd floor. Day 2 I left a tip for the "mouse" keeper. She cleaned the room and left a towel animal, but left a bottle of cleaner on the side of the bathtub. Since my kids are older it wasn't a big deal but if I had had little ones it would have been a HUGE deal. Day 3 I left a tip and there was no towel animal. Day 4 I forgot to leave the tip and she didn't take the dirty towels. From now on I will only tip the very last day and it will be according to service. We saw other rooms with awesome towel animals, but not ours?!?!?! The majority, not all, of the workers in the restaurant are rude. One of our beds was very squeaky when getting in and out (and I always LOVE Disney beds) What happened to Disney Magic? Most likely I will return to Disney World but I'm not sure I will stay at this resort. If it weren't for the boat ride to Downtown Disney I would definitely not return, but love that ride.

Room Tip: Building 5 is near everything.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank slccH2010
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here in May for 2 weeks and completely fell in love with it. It's a great size - has a main building with a store, restaurant, bar and reception. It has 5 buildings with rooms, and a big enough swimming pool.
There is a grass area in the centre of the buildings (3 & 4) from what I remember, which plays movies at 9pm everynight. The movies change every night, we definitely enjoyed watching Frozen and Tangled under the stars!!

The rooms were great - properly sized to accommodate the family size.

The rapid refill cups were definitely worth the money - there was a great choice of drinks (dr pepper, coke, lemonade, water, sprite etc) and you could refill it whenever you want.

The food was pretty good (chicken quesadilla and choc chip pancakes with strawberries being our favourites).

Staff were very helpful - especially Toni the man on bell services! Real easy to talk to and did a great Donald Duck impression.

There was shuttle buses from the outside to epcot, magic kingdom etc and a boat ride was available by the pool to downtown disney.

Could not fault this hotel - loved it!

2 Thank Shannon J
SV
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay was great in every way!! The grounds were immaculate and it really had a New Orleans feel to it. Loved the Food Court, the boat to Downtown Disney was a real plus, and the staff was a big help. The rooms were really comfortable and our third floor room in Building Five with a River view was great!!

I did a lot of research to find the right Resort between Value and Premium and we are so glad we chose the French Quarter!! Disregard the low, grumpy reviews, you will Love it Here and we had two teenagers that loved it!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank K M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for 6 nights and didn't have any problems! We got the resort for $188 a night, which is a pretty good deal for a Disney resort. The rooms and bathrooms are a decent size. We ate at Sassagoula multiple times, they have big portions and food is good for a quick service meal. If you're looking for a Disney Resort that's nice but cost less, this resort is the way to go. It's relaxing and quiet with a lot of trees. We live in a high-rise condo, so it was kind of weird for us to walk out of our room and be outside (not in a building hallway). I usually prefer hotels that are closed in, but this was nice. We enjoyed our stay at French Quarter!

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank RaeLiz20
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just returned from a stay at POFQ this past weekend. First let me state that I love all things Disney, and there were definintely pros about staying at PO. The river ferry from the PO resort to Down Town Disney is for now the best way to get to downtown with all of the construction taking up a good bit of parking there. The overall atmosphere of the resort was great and the concierge desk was very helpful in assisting us with linking our Magic bands. The room was quite comfortable for 4 people and the beds were great. I was dissappointed with the Mousekeeping (housekeeping) at POFQ however, since we were told that our room was ready we had assumed that we would not find the underwear of the previous occupant hanging in the shower. There other pieces of trash left in the room as well as stains on the carpet. This was a bit disappointing for Disney property in my opinon.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quite.
4 Thank Lisa M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!