We had a great time at Port Orleans. It is a smaller resort and we really enjoyed having the quiet. The room looked newer and was tastefully decorated. We really liked how the toilet/shower was section off from the sink and dressing area (we were able to get more people showered and dressed quickly this way). The wi-fi had strong service as well. We were in Building 7 on the 3rd floor. I thought this may be a problem as it is one of the buildings farthest away but it looks deceiving from the map. It only took us maybe 5 minutes to walk from our building to the pools and main building. The pool area was usually clean and during the day there are always pool activities going on. Everyone was really nice while we were there and wanted to accommodate our every need. At night there was a campfire and then a movie and it was a nice way to relax and unwind (my 5 year old usually fell asleep during the movie).
The resort is about a 10 minutes walk to Riverside (which is much larger). It was nice to have a change of scenary and use their pool and we rented a surrey bike (which we had a blast one).
The only problem we had was with housekeeping. They kept moving things and we were unable to find one of our cell phone charges. We called down to the front desk and they had one for us within an hour. They were also quick when we needed more towels and pillows.
I am glad we decided to choose a moderate resort instead one of the basic/economy ones. We would probably stay here again but would like to try a different resort next time (not Riverside, way too busy for us).
FYI...there is no fitness center on site...maybe it is because you walk so much at Disney they don't think you need one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida