Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
5,787 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I traveled to Walt Disney World again this summer. We vacationed last year in WDW and stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort, which we absolutely loved. When I booked my vacation through AAA, (one year in advance of our trip) the Coronado already had no rooms available. We were given the choice of Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. The Riverside price was too high for us so we settled for the French Quarter. We decided to stay here because we had stayed here three years ago and was very impressed. Well, I have to say that three years time has changed a few things and we were not wowed this time.

First, the good:

We had an early flight into Orlando and actually arrived at the hotel around 10:00 am. We were sent a text upon landing at 8:20 am that our room was not ready yet. By the time we arrived at the hotel, we went to the On-Line Check In desk and were told that our room was now available. We were very excited that our room was available so early in the morning. Our room was in Building 4 which is right next to the Food Court and Lobby. We stayed on the third floor and had easy access to everything. The outdoor movie was shown right outside our room and I was a little concerned about this because of the noise but it really was not that bad. We were so tired from long days in the park that we did not really notice. Just fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. The grounds are very pretty. The pool is fun for the kids but my only complaint about the pool is that there is not enough shade. There are areas away from the pool that you can sit and have shade but not much right near the pool. I want to be able to sit in the shade on a hot day and see my children in the pool. Also, the staff was very friendly. Always wished us a good morning, good evening, can we help you with anything, etc.

The bad:

The Food Court is nicely decorated with friendly employees but the food is less to be desired. We only ate lunch here the first day and that was enough for us. The food reminds you of bad cafeteria food. I had the Chicken Quesadillas with red beans and rice. It was just ok. Nothing special. We also had a problem with food allergies. WDW has followed the tread sweeping across America of Whole Grain this and Multi-grain that. My daughter has an allergy to Oats. I had to ask what ingredients were in the food and to our surprise, mostly all of the bread items and pastas contained oats. The head chef at Port Orleans was fantastic. He spent at least 30 minutes with me going over all of the food items and their ingredients. I found out that all of the restaurants have a binder showing the ingredients in all of their food products. This was extremely helpful but as our trip progressed, it was kind of a pain in the neck. Mostly all of her food had to be specially made which took additional time.

Now for the ugly:

Upon first arriving in our room, everything looked clean and tidy. Plenty of towels in the bathroom, two sinks, ceiling fan, mini fridge, safe, a table and two chairs, nice size dresser, coffee/tea maker, large flat screen tv, two queen beds, bench to sit on, shelf with hooks and also an area to hang up your clothing, clock radio, nightstand and telephone. I noticed that the clock radio was not plugged in. I had to move the nightstand and plug in the clock radio. This bothered me because it should have been already plugged in and set with the correct time. The room was also hot. I lowered the temp from 78 to 69 and it took two days to get it that cool. I was very surprised at this since it was 95 degrees in Orlando at that time. I know someone was staying in our room before us because we were told at the front desk that they just finished cleaning our room and it was available. On the second day of our stay, we could not find a Do Not Disturb sign in our room. We had to ask housekeeping for this. On the third day, disposable cups were not replaced in our room so we had to ask for them also. On the fourth day of our stay, we came back to our room late one evening to find that one bed had been made but the other was not. I am not sure why this was not done. I can only think that maybe the housekeeper did not like the two stuffed animals laying on the bed left there by my daughter. We moved them the next day and the bed was made when we returned. We also noticed that our ceiling fan was turned off. When I was laying in bed that night, I looked up and was shocked to see about one inch thick of dust on the fan blades. That was disgusting. That fan was on for four days whirling above our heads. So now I am thinking what else in this room has been neglected. The dresser was dusty, there was a blue goo on the door frame leading into the bathroom. I think it was toothpaste but not sure. Chair rail in sink area had dust all over it. We were not impressed with the room. Also, on our last day of our stay, we decided to take the boat over to Riverside. We did not feel like walking and just wanted to relax. There was a boat at the dock and the captain asked us where we wanted to go. I told him Riverside and he let us on the boat. Well, as we pulled away from the dock, the boat did not go to Riverside but headed for Downtown Disney. We were not too happy about this. It took us nearly 20 minutes to get to Downtown Disney. All of the people got off the boat and the captain said to us that we had to get off. I told him that we told him that we wanted to go to Riverside and he look right at me and said "No you did not." This made me angry. I told him that yes I did and he told me again that I did no such thing. We had to sit on the boat for 10 minutes while he waited there for guest going to Port Orleans. When we started our return to Port Orleans he made an announcement where the boat was going and was that ok with everyone on board. After docking back at Port Orleans French Quarter, he came over and apologized to us and said again that he did not hear me say where we wanted to go. He said that this boat only went to Downtown Disney. It took us 45 minutes to get to Riverside when we could have walked it in 10 minutes. Also, there is only one bus stop at French Quarter. Bus can get pretty full because most of the buses service French Quarter and Riverside. You also have to make a number of stops at Riverside before you are dropped off at French Quarter. We got lucky a few times where our bus dropped us off first. But most times we had a long ride to and from the parks because of this.

I will not stay at Port Orleans French Quarter again. The resort did not impress me. It is ok but nothing outstanding. They need to update their food items, change the decor of their rooms, and clean them. For all the money you spend on a Walt Disney World Vacation, guests deserve better and expect more for their money.

Room Tip: This is such a small resort. Buildings 4 and 5 are right near the Main Lobby, Food Court, Bus Stop and Pool. Even the buildings farther away from the main area are not that far away. Also bring a credit or debit card if you want to do laundry. The machines do not take coins any more.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lunchlady88
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner and visit WDW frequently. It had been some time since I had stayed at French Quarter and my return there was absolutely fantastic. The grounds and scenery were exquisite. Staff was efficient and courteous. We enjoyed a great afternoon at the pool and pool bar- all areas were well maintained. We ordered a pizza one night for in room delivery and had it in 20 minutes. We found that the transportation to the parks was generally efficient. I've stayed at most of the deluxe resorts and came away with the same satisfaction I did here. It really gives you a deluxe feel at a much lower price. My only gripe with the resort is the size of the bathroom area where the shower and toilet are. Barely any room to move- but it was by no means a deal breaker. This resort is the one in the moderate category I book the most, and it's easy to see why. Great, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Request building 4 for good access points to main areas. Be sure to allow plenty of travel time to get to dining reservations, parks, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mota73
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is by far a better value for families, people with wheel chairs and for singles. The hotel is built in a U shape like the French Quarter in New Orleans. There is a large pool in the middle of the court yard with a water slide and a small play area. The rooms are average normally with 2 queen size beds, Cable TV, Coffee maker and a in room refrigerator. Make sure the bed sheets are fresh and clean. The do not normally wash the blankets or the bedspread, only the sheets. They think most people do not use the blanket and bedspread. The rooms are all within walking distance of the restaurants. You do not need to drive to get from one place to the next. Speaking of driving. One of the advantages of staying at the hotel is you do not have to pay for parking at any of the Disney attractions and you can even hop on a bus if you do not feel like driving. Best thing to do is invest in the Magic Pass bands. Just remember Disney only allows 3 fast pass selections at any given time. Good thing to also download the My Disney Experience Web app to your phone so you can see the wait times at the different rides.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is close enough to the pool but not so close you hear the pool noise all night long.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I read reviews on this resort beforehand, and seemed like a good choice. We paid extra for a riverside room, and it was honestly, the longest walk, compared to rooms without a view. We went to Disney last in 2010, stayed at Yacht Club, and honestly, we would spend the extra money to stay there again, next time. The outside walk at POFQ from bus stop or parking lot to our room everyday was ridiculously long. The rooms were nice, beds were comfortable, and the pool was nice with a water slide, but other than that, I know that we will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This was one of the many great resorts at Disney! This resort was very pleasant, had great food, the rooms were okay, they were a little small for a two bed room, but it wasn't to bad. Just looking at this resort. .. it was an amazing site.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family