We stayed at French Quarter for six nights during our honeymoon. This was my first time staying at WDW resort. I wasn't feeling the Disney Magic at this resort. The room was dusty, crumby, and the carpet felt dirty. Way too highly priced. If this hotel was not connected to Disney with all the extras, I would have given it 2 stars.
-Smaller resort. Easy to navigate and get around. Less people to compete with for the bus.
-On WDW property--you get extras such as Disney Magical Express from the airport with luggage shipped directly to your room, transportation around the property, Magic Bands with easy entry to your room, charging to your room, Fast Plus+
-Spacious laundry room ($2 to wash, $2 to dry) with plenty of washers/dryers
-The quick-service cafeteria is themed nicely and has good food
-Cute towel animals on 1-2 nights during the stay.
-Bed is quite uncomfortable, and the mattress/linens feel cheap. And this was my assessment after a long day in the parks.
-The room was dirty. Dusty shelves, carpeting with wet/slippery spots, crumbs on the bench. Come on now, Disney! I didn't feel as though I could truly relax in this room.
-COLD water. Good for drinking, not for showering in. Nothing like relaxing in a hot, steamy shower at the end of a 16-hr day to soothe your aching muscles, right? Except it was barely lukewarm. ugh.
-Bus service--although convenient, can be touch-and-go. One night it took over an hour to get back to the hotel from Downtown Disney due to the electronic dispatch system being down. And sometimes you will have to wait through the bus dropping off guests at all four stops at Riverside before heading over to French Quarter.
-No table-service restaurant at this resort.
-The Scat's Cat pub is small, dark, mostly empty and depressing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida