This was my second stay at this hotel. My first was a few years back.. At that time, there was a Mardi Gras theme. The atmosphere made it feel as if you were actually in New Orleans. Three man bands walking around, jugglers, and a great party every day on the property. At this visit, I was disappointed. I was greeted by a someone giving away beads and coins to toss in the fountain. I was excited to hear the music when on the property, but was disappointed when I realized, it was being blasted through a speaker. The only people working on the property were maintenance people in golf carts. The entertainment were from the cute lizards all over the property.
I have no complaints regarding the cleanliness of the room. It was very clean and house keeping kept our room stocked fresh towels.
The pool was welcoming on hot days. There was entertainment for the kids in the pool and a nice bar for the adults.
As for the transportation, the buses run approximately every 20 minutes. Approximately is used very loosely at Disney, as we sometimes waited longer for buses. Getting to one water park took us 45 minutes to just get on a bus.
Honestly, the only perk of staying in the park is the meal plan. If you use it properly, you come out getting more than what you paid for. I honestly would stay outside the park on our next trip and rent a car. You can get in and out of a park on your time and not be stuck waiting for transportation to get you around. Most of the buses that run to the French Quarters, also had to pick up passengers at all 4 stops in Orleans Riverside, which means you are on the bus even longer.
On a final note, when using Disney to get you back to the airport, watch out. Our driver dropped everyone off in Terminal A. Even though my plane was in Terminal B, he parked the bus, removed our luggage and had no plans on taking us to the next terminal. Since Disney decides when you need to be at the airport, we had to run to make it to our gate on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida