“Disney World - Port Orleans”

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Ranked #58 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter in Disney World for the last 12 years in a row. It's our favorite hotel because of it's location. A short boat ride to Downtown Disney and easy access to the shuttle buses to the various parks. The hotel's food court is conveniently located and the pool area is great!
The hotel is so popular that it's becoming difficult to get reservations for that particular resort at Disneyworld.

Room Tip: nearest the pool and food court is the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Songbirdpm

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 days with kids and it was an amazing place. Pool side was good and was only about 20 min to all parks by bus shuttle. The rooms were clean and tidied up everyday. Disney downtown by boat (free) takes only 20 min. Restaurant was ok. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to family with kids.
Go for building 2/1 that is closer to the entrance.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tripfanuk
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ok, I have to own up to it - this was my first Disney experience, and I am turning 50 this year. So what more is to say?

But seriously: I was staying here, believe it or not, for a business meeting. This said, the hotel offered everything I expect in a hotel, and more. You never have the feeling of staying in a large hotel, there is more of a the "small town" feeling about the whole site.

I wish I could have come here as a kid. I wish I could have brought my kids here while they were still kids (this said, they would still enjoy it as the twens they are today!). If you have kids and want to get away from it all, make this your home base for exploring the numerous attractions in the vicinity - you won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Alain_Provist
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

So what can I say, I'm a kid at heart, I don't have any children, but going to Disney makes me feel like a kid, and I have a blast. I've been to new Orleans multiple times, and everything about this pace screams French quarter. The hotel itself is clean, hotel staff very friendly. The rooms were very clean, and every day we came back from a long day at the park to a clean room, and usually a towel wrapped into some Disney character. It's those touches that makes me smile and reminds you you're at Disney.
Pluses:
Travel to the parks is relatively quick on the buses.
The breakfast isn't bad for a quick service
There aren't many children at this hotel, seems geared more towards adults
Minus
The only downfall I can see describing for this hotel is they really don't have any really good restaurants on the premise.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank ccmizer6
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. My first was a few years back.. At that time, there was a Mardi Gras theme. The atmosphere made it feel as if you were actually in New Orleans. Three man bands walking around, jugglers, and a great party every day on the property. At this visit, I was disappointed. I was greeted by a someone giving away beads and coins to toss in the fountain. I was excited to hear the music when on the property, but was disappointed when I realized, it was being blasted through a speaker. The only people working on the property were maintenance people in golf carts. The entertainment were from the cute lizards all over the property.
I have no complaints regarding the cleanliness of the room. It was very clean and house keeping kept our room stocked fresh towels.
The pool was welcoming on hot days. There was entertainment for the kids in the pool and a nice bar for the adults.
As for the transportation, the buses run approximately every 20 minutes. Approximately is used very loosely at Disney, as we sometimes waited longer for buses. Getting to one water park took us 45 minutes to just get on a bus.
Honestly, the only perk of staying in the park is the meal plan. If you use it properly, you come out getting more than what you paid for. I honestly would stay outside the park on our next trip and rent a car. You can get in and out of a park on your time and not be stuck waiting for transportation to get you around. Most of the buses that run to the French Quarters, also had to pick up passengers at all 4 stops in Orleans Riverside, which means you are on the bus even longer.
On a final note, when using Disney to get you back to the airport, watch out. Our driver dropped everyone off in Terminal A. Even though my plane was in Terminal B, he parked the bus, removed our luggage and had no plans on taking us to the next terminal. Since Disney decides when you need to be at the airport, we had to run to make it to our gate on time.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is so spread out, you may want to ask for a room closer to transportation, if you ar...
2  Thank DogRiley
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had an emergency situation come up with our four year old daughter while at our hotel stay and managerial staff was excellent. They went above and beyond in assisting with taxis (and paid for our taxi travel) to emergency room and also double checked in on us when we got back. Tony, Housekeeping Manager, was unbelievably kind and professional. We were unable to visit the parks and spent the remainder of our time at resort. Great hotel. I enjoyed the fact that French Quarter was a smaller resort than other Disney hotels. It has appx. 1000 rooms compared to the 3000 at others. Bus transportation was superb when used and that is very important when booking a disney hotel. Wonderful pool, great laundry facility, nice food court and rooms were very clean. Close enough to Riverside resort to walk which has larger amenities. Great walking/jogging path. Boat to Downtown Disney was a big benefit. The trip was difficult and definitely not as planned, but Disney knows how to hire, and that made all the difference for us and our viewpoint in returning in future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a river view room and it was very nice...however all rooms appeared to be nice and quai...
11  Thank Blpatton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our second stay in a Disney Moderate resort. The time previous we stayed at Coronado, which was nice, but we found ourselves spending a great deal of time walking around that enormous property, so we opted for something smaller and more compact this time around and POFQ was perfect. The pool and the bus stop and the lobby - as well as the boat which goes to downtown Disney - are all short walking distances from the rooms.

Otherwise the Hotel was fine. Typical Disney Moderate. Rooms were clean. The pool area was wonderful for the kiddos (ages 4-12) and there was a nearby bar for the grown-ups. The only dining was a quick serve type place that certainly was not exciting, but works for a quick meal in a pinch. The ice cream and beignets made a tasty late night snack.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool. Noise level is fine and it puts you in a good location. The hotel ha...
7  Thank Buck K