Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$157
US$410
US$386
US$266
US$176
US$152
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$100
US$81
US$477
US$449
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$65
Cancelon
5,822 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is everything you would expect from a Disney Resort. Friendly, helpful staff, nice decor in the common areas with a New Orleans theme. The rooms are pretty standard albeit meeting the needs of a weary vacationer after a day of park hopping. Convenient shuttle service to the parks. Overall a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank jpcck
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose to stay at Port Orleans-French Quarter because we love New Orleans, and how can you go wrong with Disney AND New Orleans. It definitely held up to expectations and so much more!

We took the Magical Express from the airport to the resort and were greeted immediately upon arrival. Having stayed in other Disney resorts, I can tell you that the walk to our room was much shorter than other resorts, and we were in the next to last building at Port Orleans. Our bags were waiting on us when we checked-in, and the room was very spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. The beds were also very comfortable, and although there were only two of us in our group, the room would have easily held a family of 4. Also, all of the staff was warm, friendly, and inviting.

We had beignets every morning for breakfast in the cafe, and they were superb...a great comparison to the beignets in New Orleans. We chose not to rent a car while we were in Orlando because Disney provides transportation if you stay in one of their resorts. Although the wait was longer in the mornings (everyone anxious to get to the parks), it was definitely worth not having to rent a car. Also, there is a boat on site that takes you to Downtown Disney. We took this transportation twice, and I personally loved it. It gave us the opportunity to see more of the Disney resorts and the ride to Downtown Disney was lovely...and the wait for the boat was much shorter than the bus tours.

All in all, our experience was definitely Disney magical. I would definitely stay at this resort again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank ArkTraveler0408
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our first Disney visit and first family resort we've been to and we had a fantastic time! We were in building 1 facing the garden. The pool, restaurant and front desk were just within a few minutes walk. The bus stop and dock (boat takes you to Downtown Disney) were not far either, at about 5 minutes of a walk.

We were recommended this resort by many Disney regulars (from disboards forum) due to its small size (in comparison to the other Disney moderate resorts). We have younger children and there was a chance that I was going to travel without any other adult. Glad we listened and booked a room at Port Orleans. After a long and hot day at the park, not having to walk far from the bus stop to the room was an extra perk!!

Everybody at the resort, from the second we step foot in the lobby, was very friendly. We got checked in quickly and given directions to our room. The doorman was so sweet too. If he's there, he'd always spend a few minutes chatting with the girls and a few times gave them a coin. Parking wasn't far from our room, just behind our building, and for us it was a bonus. We drove a few times for supplies and early morning ADR.

Our room was clean and spacious and the cleaning lady in charge, Brittany, gave us everything we needed, and some extras. One of my daughter spilled orange juice on the floor and the other dumped the bathroom mat in the bath tub and Brittany happily took care of the mess (she happened to be cleaning the next room). The wi-fi was weak in our room. It worked most of the time but very slow and best used near the window. I know that we're suppose to be on vacation but Disney uses a lot of technology and it was difficult sometimes to just look at our Disney app. The Internet in the public area was fantastic though. So if you must work while on vacation or want to look at those Memory Maker photos, the poolside or the lobby/restaurant may be best.

The restaurant was sufficient. It was just a quick counter service but the food was quite tasty and plenty. The beignets were delicious!!! We're not big eaters, especially being so hot outside (we live in England and July in Florida was a bit much for us), and I could share my adult meal with my 5-yrs-old. The people working there, especially the cashiers, were friendly and one person greeted and asked how our visit was going -- it may have been one of the managers. My only complain for the restaurant is that there's no tap water. You have to buy bottled water. I am a tap water drinker and that was an inconvenience. The next visit I brought my own water.

We all enjoyed the pool and while it was always busy, it was never crowded. The slide was fun and I think the pool may just be as fun, if not more so, than the parks for our girls. I know our youngest, while we were at the parks, kept asking when we'll go back to the pool :) The pool side activities kept many adults and children busy and for us, fun to watch. We didn't do the marshmallows (too dang hot :)) or movie. We wanted to watch a movie one night but it was raining.

In case you're wondering: We did laundry while there and if you're wondering, the machines only take cards. So no need to stock up on quarters before your visit.

Thank you Port Orleans team for making our stay magical. We had a great time and I so wish our magic bands work at home to open up our doors!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
18  Thank keiraharford
Reviewed 8 August 2014

There is something really special about this hotel. Maybe its just the ambiance of the place that takes me back to when I first when to New Orleans. The rooms are pretty basic, but the feel of the hotel makes it special. The staff was friendly and the room clean. Can't ask for much more than that!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joseph U
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My Partner & I along with my 13yr old son stayed 3 weeks here, the rooms were clean & maid service was excellent. Very friendly , laid back atmosphere with helpful staff . We were local to everything, the water taxi that takes u to downtown disney was only 2 minute walk from our room.Food was nice & fresh with a nice dining area decorated with the Mardi gras theme. I would recommend this resort to anyone! We had a brilliant time & look forward to returning very soon! .

• Stayed: August 2014