5 great things about POFQ:
1. Boat taxi transportation is well run making it a nice, relaxing trip to Downtown Disney.
2. Check-in staff was friendly, fast and informative. They answered all our questions and the room was ready at 8AM when we arrived at the resort.
3. Concierge staff was also quick, friendly and very helpful.
4. High end restaurants (Fulton’s Crab House and Portobello in Downtown Disney) have excellent food and service. Dinner for 2 at both restaurants, with 1 adult beverage each, ran $120.00 but that’s what I expected.
5. POFQ has a beautiful setting along the river with shaded interior walkways and a nice path along the river for walking, jogging, etc. You can also rent boats to enjoy the river on your own.
4 not so good things about POFQ and Disney:
4. For the price, the rooms are small, noisy and in need of an upgrade. We could hear the people on the second floor most of the night running up and down the outside corridor or flushing the toilets. It quieted down around 2AM.
3. POFQ’s Sassagoula Floatworks Food Court… run away, quickly! Avoid the food court at all cost! Breakfast for 2 was $25.00 and inedible. Most of it was thrown away. If you have a car, eat off site. IHOP, Denny’s, the Village Inn… anything is better than the resort’s food court.
2. The attraction you came to see is closed. Not as bad as the Griswold’s trip to Walley World but a lot of the attractions we wanted to see were closed or not operating the days we were at Disney. At the Magic Kingdom about 5 or 6 of the well known attractions were closed or not working. Most of stores/restaurants/night clubs in Downtown Disney are empty while Disney decides what direction they should take this more adult area of their park.
1. Bus transportation is lacking. The driver who transported us from Hollywood Studios back to the resort I nicknamed “Surly.” He was running about 45 minutes behind schedule (in 90 degree heat 45 minutes is an eternity). He did not want to answer any of the guests’ questions and when he did it was either with a grunt or an offhanded comment. The driver back from Downtown Disney (boat taxi not running due to rain) I will call “I no speak English.” A guest asked him the same questions multiple times to no avail. Another Disney employee looked at the driver and said “Just say Yes!” We experienced communication issues a number of times throughout the park; often having to ask the employees to repeat themselves. Since we had spent the first 3 days of our vacation on the beach in Daytona we had a vehicle and decided to use it to transport ourselves throughout the park for the rest of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida