My family (wife and 2 daughters, 10 & 8) stayed there at the end of January through the beginning of February. It was a terrific place to stay!
I ilked the French Quarter layout of the property. Very nicely landscaped. Honestly, I would have liked the buildings to have been closer together to enhance the French Quarter experience, but this in no way detracts from my impression of the property.
We stayed in a very clean room with two Queen beds. It was more than adequate for our needs - sleeping. We were out of the room by 8:30 a.m. and did not return until the parks were closed. If you are going to stay in the room for an extended period of time, then you might consider it a bit small.
The pool was large and nicely-arrayed. However, we did not use it because it was a bit cool the whole time we were there and I don't believe the pool is heated.
I thought the food at the food court was much better tha I expected when I first saw the food court. The prices were not wallet-gouging. In fact, I expected to have spent more than what was charged.
For Dads, you can buy beer and/or liquor at the on-property store. To my chagrin, it took me a couple of days to figure this out!!!!
Though we did not take the water taxis to Downtown Disney, it appeared that they ran quite efficiently.
The staff was quite friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay there again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the romance and pageantry of New Orleans's historic French Quarter at this Resort hotel, where cobblestone streets, gas lamps, wrought-iron balconies and fragrant magnolia blossoms evoke the Antebellum era and colorful Mardi Gras characters and jazz keep things lively. Then stroll along the Sassagoula River to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, home to Cajun and Creole specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter Orlando, Florida