So, I stayed here with my wife so I could attend a conference. Then we stayed through the weekend after it was over. The area outside the rooms is very nice. There is a beautiful lake that all of the buildings making up the resort are built around, as well as a few pools, a few bars, etc. So when after you get through registration and start walking to your room, you get excited about what a nice week you're going to have. Unfortunately, when you get to the rooms, you realize that they were built for people to get a few hours of sleep and take a quick shower in between spending money at all of the Disney theme parks and stores. The beds are uncomfortable, the decor is dated, the bathroom is claustrophobic, and there's not a couch or anything for relaxation.
We paid less to stay at a hotel on International drive back in May and had a much more pleasant in room experience.
It's worth noting that Disney does people moving well. We took their bus to and from the airport (they handled the luggage) and also took their buses back and forth from Downtown Disney.
If I attend another conference at a Disney property, I'll hope for a better hotel, or I'll stay on International Drive and rent a car.
PROS: Location is near the attractions, their bus service is great, the lake is beautiful (especially at night when it's lit up), and the bars and pools are comfortable.
CONS: Dated and small rooms. The prices for food are ridiculous, similarly for drinks at the bar. Kids running around the room above you as well as pathways in front of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida