“Beautiful”

Ranked #173 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The place is beautiful very large and nicely landscaped. I found the service great everyone has a smile and the food was excellent. Transportation to the Disney parks was frequent and even at night I felt very safe with many security personnel around. I would stay again and suggest talking to the employees they are always very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JeanC20132013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Picton
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here for five days during a sixteenth birthday and thirteenth birthday in one of their one bedroom king suites. Very roomy and comfortable. Loved having two bathrooms and a dining area. Could use a bit of updating/renovations soon perhaps, some of the room was looking slightly tired. Disney does it right here. The front desk staff were very friendly and the restaurant staff were generally pretty good although a few seemed like they really didn't want to be there. All in all a good stay. Be prepared though as the doors open to the outside, it can get a little noisy. If you are here for a celebration, the birthday in room surprise is absolutely fantastic!

Room Tip: The bigger the better!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Orange County, Ca
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a large resort! It does not feel like a typical Disney property due to the fact it's a convention hotel. The rooms are a bit small for a week stay for 2 or more (I'm spoiled by timeshares). The lakeside bar has great bartenders and the food is ok.

Room Tip: The Casitas rooms are convenient. Be sure to get exact directions at check in otherwise you may wand...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Disney needs to remove this hotel from a resort status. housekeeping is a joke. if you have to tell them to clean your room that's bad. 3 out of 7 days our room was NOT cleaned. pretty sad. took forever to get luggage to our room the day we arrived. restaurants were 'ok'. didn't like the fact that we had to take a bus to get to the lobby. can honestly say that this 'hotel' will be black listed from friends of ours with upcoming visits

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank piper143
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel to stay at after our 7 day Disney cruise. I had wanted the Port Orleans Riverside, but it was booked and although this hotel had received mixed reviews I decided to give it a try. The lobby is nice and the exterior spaces are well kept and clean. The rooms, while being updated recently, still feel older. I could tell that this property had been built a while ago. Also, if you are in one of the outer buildings be prepared to walk a bit from the lobby.
We tried to check in early and were met with a slightly unfriendly desk clerk but later we had trouble with our room key and the desk staff was on it right away to get it fixed.
All in all this property is fine for a short stay but it's missing a bit of the Disney magic we've come to expect. We might stay here again but it won't be my first choice at Disneyworld.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsPixton
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 22 November 2013

It's typical Disney in that the people are friendly and helpful. Also typical Disney in that they don't have enough restaurant capacity to feed their guests on a timely basis (more on that in a bit.) I found the layout to be daunting, it's very spread out, so if you're away from the center of the action, you can be VERY away. My big gripe is that there is only one "good" restaurant in the facility, and that's a Mexican theme that was only so-so in terms of food and service. My last night on a business trip I had a 3:30am wakeup call the next day, and went down to dinner at 6 as a single, without a reservation. "Nope, 8:30 is the earliest". The hotel is pretty far away from other properties in terms of finding other restauarnts, so I was stuck with getting a sandwich although my expense account allowed for something more (as did my tastebuds). So, I know, my fault: I should have made reservations. I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank southcove
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Wife and I stayed here last week in our first trip to WDW. The staff were as friendly as could be. The property and rooms were very clean and well-maintained, too. You must understand that the rooms are exterior-entry—you don't enter from an inside hallway but rather from the great outdoors (sort of like cheap motels always are). Our room was very far from the main lobby, too, so it was quite a trek with heavy luggage.

They put us in a non-smoking two-queen room with a bed very sqeaky but thankfully the other was OK. Mattresses were about average firmness and the pillows were very thick. Our room had zero cell reception, but at least the free WIFI was decent. Bathroom layout was annoying. The door is so close to the shower that it does not open all the way, and if you want to close the door, you have to step in around the toilet to do so.

Complementary transportation from the hotel to the parks is OK, but there's no set schedule—you just show up and hope you don't have to wait long. I'd skip the on-site restaurant; we went for breakfast and the eggs were watery and the bacon was floppy and very fatty.

All in all, it was a fine experience but it was certainly nothing special. If we were to return to WDW, I doubt we'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple