First of all, our group rate was $111 and change, a Disney bargain. I also had a minivan at my disposal. My review should be taken with that context in mind.
The surroundings are scenic, beautiful and well-manicured as is all Disney property. The "happiest place on earth" is also the safest place on earth with a manned entry gate at all times, checking all who enter. Parking is free.
Stays at Disney's Coronado Springs resort can be quite variable. If one is involved with convention activities, then it is important to stay in areas close to the convention center. I stayed in the 1st building complex (incredibly close) while my friend stayed in the 7th building complex (usually requiring shuttle service). He was able to walk to the convention center but asked rides of me fairly often.
The room was spacious, decorated well, and had most every amenity except a microwave. Refrigerator was a real plus. Rooms were clean to a fault. Internet was free but somewhat spotty. One of my computers was rock steady, and my other computer kept getting knocked off.
The hotel was introducing bracelets with a chip to open doors, gates, and to charge to the room. They were impressively packaged in a suitable gift box, and the bracelets are personalized with an individual's name on it! They also issued room cards, which worked as a backup. Most of the time was spent getting the bracelet exactly placed so that it would activate the door lock. Still, once they get the bracelets fully working, it will be more convenient to use the bracelet. It won't get lost!
Disney food is always overpriced; that should be a given, but I was impressed that our main restaurant was open until 11pm. They have a refillable drink mug that has a smart chip within it and knows how many days you will be staying! It was interesting how that chip was used to prevent people from giving their refillable mugs, etc.
I would take the minivan off property and eat, since workers in our group were not out to impress anyone in particular.
The convention staff were very accommodating for our event. They helped us as much as possible at every turn. We were running a chess tournament for 1500 people and we had their attention.
We checked in a day early in advance of our event and still got the group rate of $111. We tried to extend our stay and were offered a $230 rate. We declined that rate, but remained persistent, asking to contact group reservations to continue our group rate. That did the trick, and we stayed another day at $111+change.
A few of our well-educated parents of our playing audience did not like the Disney experience - thought it was too unctuous and lavish of a life style. That was a little surprising; apparently the Disney experience does not appeal to all....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida