“Excellent choice for staying at Disney”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #174 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I chose to stay at Coronado Springs for our Honeymoon in April, 2014. We were pleased overall with our stay, the location and resort setting were beautiful, check in/out were seamless. The food available on site (we mainly dined at the Pepper Market) had a huge variety and was always delicious. Getting around the area was easy, there was a bus stop just outside of our building to get to the Disney Parks, and buses arrived about every 20 minutes. The southwestern-style pools, water slide, and hot tub on site were great, and not too crowded.

The beds in our room were comfortable (we booked a room with 2 queen-size beds), the furniture was new, and the new system of using your MagicBand to unlock the door is great!

The only real complaints we had with our stay were that the room we stayed in felt more like a basic hotel than a "resort", our luggage was delivered extremely late, and our room was a long walk from "El Centro". We had bugs in our bathroom every night, and the outlets behind our nightstand were broken and just sitting in a giant hole in the wall; it just felt like the room hadn't been tended to (besides the usual linen changing) in a while. The luggage service provided by the Magic Express service delivered 2/3 of our bags after we arrived, when we asked the bellhop for our third he said "This is all I have." and walked away. We called the front desk and managed to have our third bag delivered at 11:30pm that night.

Overall our stay was enjoyable and we were glad we stayed here in the end. I would stay at Coronado Springs again, although I would choose to upgrade to a better room (perhaps with a king-size bed) closer to El Centro next time.

Room Tip: Choose a room either close to a bus stop, or close to El Centro. The Casitos are probably your best...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chad1640
Write a ReviewReviews (6,331)

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Disney's Corondo Springs Resort the first week of June. Upon arrival I took the Magical express to the resort. It was a nice ride! The staff at the hotel are supet friendly. Rooms are clean and the 24hr pool is a great idea because I had a chance to take a dip at midnight! Transportation to the parks is a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jnycc
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Spent 3 nights here. The room was clean, fresh, 2 queens were comfy. Staff overly friendly as you expect at a Disney business. Only thing you have to be prepared to do is walk to the pool and/or to the shops/restaurants. It's a large complex, arranged in a circle around a large pond. If you're in a room near the shopping/food, it'll be a good 10 min walk to the pyramid/pool/arcade and vice versa. Bus transportation was easy, there are several stops along the grounds. Only ate at the self serve market, not the Mayan grille, food was decent, nothing special. The main pool is large, plenty of life guards who are attentive. Interaction with the kids during the pool party/campfire is great. The waterslide is a lot of fun as well.
I would definitely stay here again, but likely will try another place out next time, only because I like to try new things. You really wont be disappointed here.

Room Tip: If you want to be near El Centro/Bus/shopping/restaurants etc, try to get into Casitas 1. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank docalab
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Day one-used Disney Destination to book reservation. Picked up my own luggage in Terminal A, only to have to lug it to Terminal B to get to the Disney Express-One would think it would be where luggage pickup is at.
Went to check in and no room bracelet ready-it is a bracelet you were and it has you key to on it and you hotel information. Then was told to go to Building Rachos 9. There is no Ranchos building 9, it is Cabana building 9. Walked around for 40 minutes with my luggage trying to fine the building, by the way, not many signs telling you where things are at, and no staff around to ask
Was staying in the Business section of the resort and there is a complementary lounge with snacks and drinks. No sign as to where it was located and had to call front desk 2 times to find out where it was at. FYI-I was eventually told I was to have been given that information at check in.
The icing on the cake---pulled the covers back to go to bed and there was a bug in the bed.
Not a "Magical Place" to stay. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. I have stayed in much nicer hotels than this resort and got free breakfasts. For the amount of money you pay, it should be top of the line.

Room Tip: The Marriott right outside the resort is cheaper, cleaner, and get a free breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank JB1216
Reviewed 13 June 2014

So we went to Hollywood studios for Star Wars weekend and stayed at this Disney resort. It was amazing. Little things like kids roasting marshmallows down by the pool and the movie by the swimming pool at night which were both free. I thought Disney and was ready to get my credit card out but it is free. Everything clean and great service. Take a walk around the lake or just relax in a hammock around the lake after a busy day at the park. Yes it is a little more expensive but parking at all the Disney parks is free if you stay at a Disney resort. $17 a day to park at each different Disney park so spend s little more now can save you later

Room Tip: Stay in the Rancheros if you can close to the big pool and the Disney buses.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 357LauraS357
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visited with 3 kids 8, 13 and 15. Room seemed larger than most moderate disney resorts. Decor updated and room clean. 2 queen Beds very comfy, and a large desk, also a nice flat screen tv. Fridge worked great and the room coffee maker was surprisingly good. Room had in wall safe, and hair dryer (plug in, not attached to wall). Big resort situated around a lake, lots of walking, but we enjoyed it. Pool area really nice, fun slide and well staffed with lifeguards. I did see life jackets for non swimmers and a chair lift for disabled individuals to enter the pool. The jacuzzi was not able to be used but was huge, it's the largest of all disney properties. The food court was not very good, not much selection either. Front desk at check in very friendly and helpful. Of all the moderates (I've stayed at all) it seemed to have the least amount of very small children. I loved my stay and would recommend it!

Room Tip: There are several bus stops and all buildings seemed equal distance from pool. My bldg was a far wal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank susan k
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed in Dec 2013 (my original review was never posted) and were very happy with our choice! Transportation was good, room cleanliness was excellant. Only downfall is that its a HUGE resort and a really loooong walk to the lobby, quick serv, resaurant and bar area. We had a "water view" room and in my opinion it was not worth the extra money we paid bc of the long walk to transportation and main bldgs. The main pool was incredible and we swam every day since we had great weather and the water was heated!! I usually dont like to stay in the same Disney hotel twice, but i would definately stay here again. If your questioning between staying at Carribean beach, or Coronado-choose Coronado. I was not as pleased with Carribean beach. I was also disappointed to the lack of christmas decor through-out the hotel and the entire disney complexes. It was pretty, it just lacked what I had envisioned Disney at Christmas to look like.
Oh- we checked in early, @ 1030am and our room was ready!! VERY pleased about that!

Room Tip: Its a HUGE resort so request to be near either the pool, main blgs or transportation depending on wh...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family