I just got back from Disney World. It was my fourth visit but the first time I had stayed at the Coronado Springs. In my opinion it was what I'd expect from Disney.
The staff was always nice. I don't think we came across one person who was not friendly and willing to help us.
The grounds were clean and nicely maintained. The rooms are standard hotel rooms. We had a king size bed and for two adults the room was just fine. It may be a little cramped for a family of four but most hotel rooms would be unless you get a suite. The rooms were cleaned daily and the only problem I had with cleanliness was when I checked in and found a bottle cap and a piece of granola bar on my night stand. I just tossed it and moved on.
The pool was nice although we only used it once on account of the cool weather we had. There are a lot of deck chairs around it and towels available for use while you are there.
The shuttle service was so convenient when going to and from the parks. (Note: The shuttle service was not always this good. Many times you could not go directly to the parks from your hotel. The shuttle took you to the Ticketing and Transportation Center and you took the Monorail from there)
Probably the biggest rip off was the Pepper Market. The Pepper Market is the on premisis food court. There are different stations (grill, Mexican, Italian, etc). As you order you get a card stamped and you pay at the end of your meal. As far as people saying it is expensive, it depends on what you are comparing it to. At a national burger chain here in NJ we pay about $8 or $9 for a burger and fries so paying $11 at the Pepper Market for the same thing was not a huge stretch of the imagination considering we were on vacation and expected to pay more anyway. What I did not like was the surcharge the cashier adds to your order. It's something like 10%. I asked what it was for figuring that it was a tip for the server (who only brings you your drink). She told me that 6% goes to the cooks at the stations and 4% is split among all of the servers. In other words your money goes to several people who pay you no mind while you are there. We found that getting muffins at the Rix bakery for breakfast was a great way to save time in the morning rather than having a sit down meal. Just know that the juices are less expensive in the gift shop next door so we picked up juice at the gift shop instead of at Rix.
As far as the layout of the Coronado Springs, it is pretty typical of all of the Disney Resorts. With the exception of a few resorts, the buildings are spread out on a large plot of land for each resort. If you stay on property, expect to walk if you want to get around the resort. If you want to minimize your walking find the closest bus stop to your building and use that instead of walking to the main stop in front.
As far as going back to the Coronado Springs, we are not sure if we would. Although, we were not disappointed in the slightest, there are so many resorts now that we probably would not immediately say we'll go back to CS just because we want to see what else Disney has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida