Well having read all the previous reviews, I was very concerned about staying here, to the point of almost changing my booking.
It was the first time I had visited Disney, so had nothing to compare it to at all.
We stayed between 1st to 8th November in the Casita Building 4 - room 4162. It was at the top of the lake so had very nice views. However, its such a shame that there are no balconies to enjoy it and being on the ground floor meant the curtain had to be drawn when the light was on, making the room a little on the dark side. Having said that, its not as though much time was spent in there so did not worry me unduly.
The room was kept clean, no problems with the shower curtain, but it was just a normal run of the mill standard.
There was a very nice small pool just to the side of us, well kept grounds all round and a bus stop just a little walk away. The transport was excellent and couldn't be faulted at all.
I only had time to walk around the lake once, but it was a very enjoyable experience.
Yes there are quite a few business people here, but again didn't cause any problems and they kept themselves to themselves.
The Pepper Market was an average buffet style cafe type place. Once you had the hang of how it worked, it was fine for a quick breakfast.
However, I much preferred the Maya Grill. We tried the breakfast and an evening meal here and both were of an excellent standard.
Fortunately, we had pre-booked the 'Dining Plan' which in my opinion was a very good move. The cost also took into account the service charges. However, we did pay extra in the Maya Grill for dinner, as the service was impeccable.
Would I go here again? Yes, but if I should venture to Disney again, hopefully I could afford to upgrade to a higher standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida