“Magical resort”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #173 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We Just returned from 5 nights at Coronado Springs. We accompanied my husband who was there for a conference. We arrived at 10 AM and were assigned a room in the Casitas. I asked if it was a refurbished room- it was not so we were given a room in the Cabanas. It was beautiful and clean- queen beds with new linens. Our maid service was fine. The room was a short walk to the lobby as well as to the main pool (five minutes to each). We had a quiet pool in front of our building. The Pepper Market food was okay but over-priced. We didn't see many Mexican items on the menu which was a disappointment. We ate in the parks as much as possible.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ewd175
Write a ReviewReviews (6,326)

Reviewed 8 May 2009

We stayed in castisa 3. Pools were fun for my daughter and her friend. I even tried the slide.Maid service was not good at all, but at least I got clean towels everyday. My daughter wrote mousekeeping everyday asking for a towel animal, but to know avail.We liked Pop Century better and its much cheaper.Food was way over-priced and not so good. I think I'll try the Boardwalk next time. By the way this was my 6th visit to Disney and all the restrooms in the parks were filthy.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cheermom25
Reviewed 6 May 2009

This hotel was a good value, clean but simple room. The property is spread out, which can be a bit of a pain when walking back and forth between the pool, rooms, and restaurant. However, this makes for a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2009

My husband and I and our 13 year old son spent 6 nights at the Coronado Springs Resort, this is a beautiful resort with a southwestern motif. Yes some of the rooms are further away from the main lobby but it is a beautiful walk and to be perfectly honest we enjoyed the additional excercise. We were in Casita #3 which is quite close to the main lobby but is quite a distance from the "Main" pool area which we visited every day - again we enjoyed the walk. We were on the Disney meal plan and ate so many desserts that we found it an excellent way to keep up with our excercise routine. Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis and yes the TV's are small but I'm sorry when I am spending thousands of dollars on a vacation I watch little TV, plus by the time we got back to our room every night we were so wiped out from the theme parks, swimming and eating that we probably watched 30 min of TV before passing out. I would definitely recommend this beautiful resort, the pool area is beautiful and nice sized. The food court is expensive as are ALL the restaurants in Disney but if you are on the meal plan which I would not go any other way, you get plenty of food to eat. There is an option for cold sandwiches, Mexican stand, burgers, pizza, salads, Chinese and dessert. stand, enough variety for a vacation stay. You can always opt to eat at the theme parks for lunch or dinner. We did eat the Maya Grill inside the resort- I recommend the Pork Chop with Mango sauce - EXCELLENT!! the service the day we went was very slow but a convention just got into town and I think they were also catering. The waiters were apologetic about the slowness of the service.. Food was very good. There are always people who will find something to complain about, NO resort is perfect, not even the Deluxe top of the line resorts can please everyone- unfortunately bad experiences can happen anywhere. We travel often and I can honestly stay I would have no problem staying at this hotel again. You do have to keep in mind it is a resort and yes there is walking involved from your rooms to the main lobby or pool area which is across the lake from the main lobby (about maybe a 15 min walk) but, your on vacation take it in and enjoy the excercise. One thing I would recommend is if you are going to the parks in the morning avoid bus stop #1 - this is the main lobby bus stop, there were always alot of people, we always used bus stop #2 which never had alot of people waiting. Also when you left the park there were rarely lines for the Coronado SPrings hotel buses which all the other lines were packed meaning you could wait a while to actually get on your bus. This resort did cater to families and there were children but no where near what you would find at the All Star Resorts, which us not having young children was a bonus. There are 2 smaller pools and the one large pool with a bar and food service, we opted for the walk across the lake sometimes twice a day to visit this pool. I used the spa service for a pedicure ($55.00) and received over an hour service, very relaxing. The only thing I would have to say is I was surprised that there was no outside live entertainment at the bar area, now maybe later in the year this is offered but nothing during our visit. It would have been nice to sit outside at the bar listening to some type of entertainment. We did sit out side alot to eat for we ate at the food court probably 4 out of 6 lunches, the food is not bad despite the reviews, again this is a food court not Wolfgang Pucks. How aweful can a sandwich, burger or fries be??? Keep in mind this is a Disney property, they want people coming in, it has to be up to Disney standards. It is unfortunate that some guest had bad experinces but again this could happen at the most luxurious hotel in the world. If your biggest gripe is that the TV is small and you are having internet connection problems well maybe you need to loosen up a little and actually enjoy your VACATION!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank spidora2002
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Let start out by saying that I have stayed at various Disney Properties and I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone! Don't get me wrong the common areas of this hotel is very beautiful. They are clean and just a beautiful sight. The food market was very good as well. I have no complaints on the common areas of the hotel. My biggest horror was met when we entered our disgusting room! As a matter of fact, before entering the room! The entrance to our room was dirty. The door had dark spots everywhere. The carpet inside was disgusting. It was old and just plain disgusting. The dresser was dirty and the cabinet door that housed the TV was broken. This place was worse than a Motel 6 room. It was a true travesty. No one was allowed to walk around without shoes. The bed covers were dirty and I had housekeeping come and wash them. I actually got a rash from the dirty sheets or maybe it was the room. I was itching all over. The bathroom was atrocious! The light switch was dirty! All the hardware was old and had water spots on them! The tile was full of mold and grout was missing! The floor looked dingy. It was a horror staying at this hotel. My worst nightmares came to life when I reached this property. Goodness, if I wanted to stay at a dirty motel I would've. By the way, we booked the room with the meal plan and park hopper passes. We spent a good amount of money to stay at a dump like this! I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone! This hotel is a travesty. These rooms should not be rented at all!

One other thing, I almost forgot to mention. Housekeeping was very bad! They didn't even make the bed right. I have a picture of what it looked like to see how they made the bed. When you pulled off the quilt, everything underneath was just atrocious. When I complained by phone I was told why didn't I stay at the Grand Floridian which is their most expensive property! Now that's what I call the Disney experience! I wrote Disney and have not received any response.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Bronx_NYCleanFreak
Reviewed 2 May 2009

First time taking our two children to Disney and first time staying on a disney resort and the first and LAST time we stay at Coronado !!!! We arrived to resort at 1:20 pm and did not see our room until 4:25 pm. Lets not go there ... Talk about a filthy room !! I thought the definition of housekeeper was to actually TO CLEAN the room!! 1) Toilet disgusting 2) bathtub was blackened 3) carpet was stained with everything under the sun. The grounds were horendous !!!! I have never seen more Lizards and Mammath COCKROACHES in my life !!!! Gee, what ever happened to spraying the grounds? After all, does anyone really like lizards and cockroaches in their hotel rooms???? OH yes I did say in our room !!! The service was the worst I have ever experienced, the workers were down right rude and not friendly at all !! Oh and lets talk about the food. You better really love Mexican food, because that's all you are going to be seeing at this resort (breakfeast, lunch and dinner). Bring your Maalox and tums !!!!! OK, if I have to say one nice thing about this resort the kids did like the pool. NEVER AGAIN !!!

Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank baggsNewYork
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My wife, son, and I stayed at this resort from 4/1 - 4/5/09 and was a wonderful Disney hotel. I was there for a conference mainly but I got time to enjoy the splendors of Florida with my wife and son too. This is a very, very spacious resort (I think too spacious), but we got lucky and got a hotel room close to the hotel lobby and restaurants/bars. I believe they were the Cabanas. There was white sand and hammocks in front of our group of hotel rooms. The room was great. We requested a pack-n-play at check-in and it was in our room just as we walked in the room. Very friendly service. The guys driving the carts for the people that are staying in a far away room, are not very cautious and don't bother to slow down when they go by pedestrians. I didn't like that, especially with my 16 month old son walking around. So beware of them. Stay away from the restaurants on site as, like all Disney things, are very overpriced. The Pueblo Market is a joke. You spend $13-$14 for a cheeseburger and it's not even worth $4. I will say though that the Maya Grill has a good breakfast buffett, though pretty expensive ($17). The one inside bar they had seemed like it didn't belong at that resort. It was very swanky and loungy, and doesn't fit in to the Mexican/Latin American theme. The pool is very huge and seems like you can always find room to swim. Though, it was hard to get chairs sometimes if you go in the busy time. My family had a great time though! Very nice hotel though.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business