“Grumpy and Sneezy Stayed Here” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #170 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Vermont
“Grumpy and Sneezy Stayed Here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

We didn't love staying here. Note that the weather was awful and we were both sick which is no way to start a vacation and I'm sure this plays into our review a bit. Reasons not to like this place: (1) we were in building five or six which was about half-way around the lake so it was a long walk from the front of the hotel to our room -- there is a bus stop closer but the busses do not alway stop there and we often needed to get bottled water or other supplies at the hotel store so we almost always got off at the front of the hotel (2) mediocre decor, furnishing, and amenities for the price (3) so much condensation on the inside of the windows that we joked that the condensation was actually the waterview that we paid extra to have. On a positive note, leaving a tip for your maid gets you a landslide of extra tissues, shampoo, and soap -- it was so excessive that we wondered if anyone that stays here ever tips the maid. Also there is a coin-operated laundry which turned out to be very handy. The bakery in the hotel was pretty good. The restaurant was not a good value. In short, I've had better hotel experiences at Disney.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank snickerseg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Staffordshire, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was our first time staying in a Disney resort and we were disappointed by the service provided by Disney.

The hotel rooms and the pool were nice. The room had recently been decorated and was clean. The small pool and large Mayan style pool were good, We ate out of the resort so we can not comment on the food.

Check-in was appalling. We arrived at the resort at 1:30 p.m. and went to registration to check in. We were told that check-in was between 3 & 5. We had booked 3 rooms and 1 of those rooms was ready and we would have to ring in half an hour about the other 2 rooms. We had 2 children in our party and the room that was ready was given to the couple with no children. Anyway we left our suitcases in the one room and went to explore. At 3:30 p.m. we rang to check if the other rooms were ready. They were not. We rang at 4:00 p.m. one room was ready. We rang at 4:30 p.m. the other still wasn't and they couldn't tell us which room it was. The man on the phone was rude and debated the booking being in my name. At 4:55 p.m. the third room was finally ready. We had paid extra for 'water view'. We were infact given rooms with a distant view of the pool. We went to reception about this and they refunded the $15 per night we had paid. The point was that we actually wanted a water view of the lake! Apparently water view can mean a view of a fountatin, pool, etc.

We stayed here for 3 nights but this was not the worst of it.
On the second morning we were woken at around 8:00 a.m. to the sound of wall being scraped, tiled and drilling. There was 3 workmen refitting a bathroom suite, decorating, fixing mirrors and shelves to the room directly next to ours. When we looked out of our door the tools were on the landing, these included drills, planers, saws and electrical equipment. There was an electrical lead running along the floor which we had to walk over. I was devastaed due to having a 2 year old. The workmen explained that it took them about 2 days to complete a room and they had apparently been working on other rooms on our block. We were appalled that Disney would actually put clients in this situation. We didn't ask to be moved due to the checking-in scenario. However, we have taken this further with our holiday agent.

My advice is don't bother with disney. For the price you pay they don't give you anything extra. The only disney feature in the room was a mickey imprint on the mirror. As we hired a car we didn;t even use their transport! You could stay at one of the hotel chains and be treated better! Prior to staying here we stayed at a Hilton hotel and wished we had booked the Hilton in Orlando.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RCashmore
Port of Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

Our group traveled recently to Orlando to take part in a Soccer tournament and had the pleasure of staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. I am not one for a lot of words but I just wanted to express how happy we all were with our stay at this resort. Our group ranged from age 10 to folks in their late 40s and we were all equally satisfied. Our only area of dissatisfaction was in the area of food. High prices and not enough variety. All in all a fabulous place to stay. Clean rooms, beautiful grounds and conveniently located.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank TriniJules
United, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

Beautiful hotels set in a Mexican setting. Didn't get the view I had asked for when I booked but still a great room in the Cabanas Building, great location near Dig Site (main pool area). Pool area was nice, always stocked with clean towels. Lifeguards were friendly. The pool slide rocked, my kids loved it! Room was always cleaned by afternoon and staff was friendly.

Hotel restaurant was pricey but food was good. The Maya Grill had great steaks. The Pepper Market was a little confusing but had many good options. I would recommend that you use the Disney Dining Plan, worth the price then.

Overall a great Disney moderate hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank rererosa
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

My AP was about to expire, I was having Disney withdrawal symptoms...I needed a fix...stat! And oooo look at those pretty rooms! It didn't take me long to decide on Coronado Springs. I travel a lot for work, and I tend to stay in Hampton Inns because they're my favorite. If you look up those rooms, I can pretty much guarantee you that's where Disney got the inspiration for the CSR rooms. The style of the rooms at CSR is like a Hampton Inn plussed. I liked it, I was hooked.

At the time when I made my reservation (May) the only section that had been fully completed was the Cabanas, so I put that on my reservation as a request. By the time my trip rolled around, all the buildings that were open, were renovated...I didn't bother sending in a fax since a renovated room was all I was really after.

Some background...I'm 24, female, no kids. My boyfriend was sane and decided that FL and August didn't sound like a fun mix to him, so he stayed home. My family currently lives in FL, so I persuaded my younger brother (21...and single ladies!) to come up and spend some time with me. So we have 2 adults on this trip, but it's not a romantic trip...GA-ross.

Anyway, I took an early morning flight down to MCO and picked up ME. My family lives south of WDW, so it didn't make sense for him to drive all the way up to the airport to pick me up and then back to the resort...plus, did I mention he was 21? And still in college? Picking me up at 9:30 wasn't going to happen, but I felt fairly confident he could make it to the resort by 10:30...and I was right!! This also happened to be my first time using ME. I loved it! It was sooo incredibly convenient! My flight was pulling into the gate around 9:30am. I walked down to ME (happened to be on the other side of the airport) and waited for about 10 minutes before they loaded the bus. The bus stopped at CSR and AKL; CSR was first. We had an awesome bus driver, and I was off the bus before 10:30am, waiting in the online check-in line.

I checked-in online exactly 10 days before my trip (what can I say...I was a little anxious...) I found the line instantly when I came into the lobby, it's very well marked. Only problem was, no one was at the designated counter...hmmm... The front desk Cast Members helped 3 people in the regular line before a manager reminded them to be sure to help the online check-in line first. Then the manager helped me. I had no problem with it taking a little longer since I was still waiting for my brother (he showed up a little after 10:30, so we're not talking like it took ages here, but if I got in the regular line instead, I would have been helped faster...) My packet was ready and so was my room! But it was in Ranchos...building 7A...the farthest one from the main building. I confirmed that it was renovated, and indeed she told me that the only buildings left are 1 & 3 and they just went down.

Most of the CMs that I encountered at CSR were extremely pleasant. From check-in to check-out, I was very pleased.

The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, just as I had hoped. Very clean. We were on the top floor, which helped the room stay quiet. The toilets in the rooms are not power flushers, I enjoyed that...haha. The doors that block off the bathroom area from the rest of the room were very useful. I woke up before my brother and got ready...he was able to sleep and I didn't bother him at all when those doors were closed. I can see if you had a family that being very useful!

The Dig Site was very neat. I loved the theming there and the entire pool complex. I'm not a big swimmer, but I spent a ton of time at the pool due to the heat.

We only used the buses once since my brother had a car. It was to get to EMH at the MK. We really lucked out on timing, I don't really think it says anything about the bus service, just about our luck when it came to it! Catching the bus after dinner at the Pepper Market we were about 10 ft from the bus stop when the MK bus pulled up. When we left the MK, the bus was already sitting at the bus stop and we hopped on and only sat for about 30 seconds before it pulled away!

My biggest gripe was the size of the resort. Being in the farthest building and with the heat? Ugh...it made for some long walks. I can tell you that if I would have gotten my request for the Cabanas, I wouldn't have noticed. But being in that far building? Oh...I noticed!! And if it hadn't have been so hot, it would have made for a very pretty walk...but it's hard to take in the beauty when you're melting. Prior to trying CSR my favorite mod is POFQ because of it's size. I'm probably going to have to stick with that. However...if POFQ is ever booked up (or I can get a significantly better rate at CSR) I would switch to CSR in a heartbeat. I like the size, but it's certainly not that I disliked CSR!! I would recommend it to anyone, but I would definitely recommend requesting Cabanas and faxing in the request...and if you don't get in there, politely asking if there are any available rooms if you're stuck in the Ranchos! IMO, the Ranchos have the best theming in the resort, but I just hated the location!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at CSR and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank kat228
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I'll say right off that we didn't do much on the resort other than sleep because we spent SO much time in Disney World. We spent a week, but that just isn't enough time!

CHECK-IN: Very quick and efficient. Staff was very friendly.

ROOM: Right next to the "beach." Our view was so incredible. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean and I loved the decor. My son was especially excited to have a Mickey Mouse waiting for him on his bed.

ARCADE: We had gotten a free voucher for 30 minutes of play in the arcade. My boyfriend and son had a lot of fun. There isn't a huge variety of games, but who cares? Who goes to Disney just to play in an arcade?

DIGSITE: There was a fun little playground that my son loved. It was really cool and he asked to go back to play in it regularly.

THE POOL: The pool is HUGE. I especially loved the Aztec pyramid. We went one early evening and it was nice, only a few families. But the last morning (Saturday) it was very packed. There is also a small very shallow pool for little ones, which my son also had a lot of fun in.

OTHER: Seeing that the beach area was right across from our room, we spent some time out there on one of the hammocks. Let me tell you, the pictures we got were beautiful. One staff member walking by even offered to take our picture together as a family.

I'd definitely return to this resort. It was beautiful! We didn't use room service or eat at the restaurant though because we ate all meals in Disney World. Its very, very clean and I couldn't ask for a prettier, more relaxing place to return to after the hustle and bustle of Disney.

Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank joylyne
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

Can't say enough good things!!! Beautiful landscape and so quiet! If you have never stayed at a disney resort you are missing out.

This resort has a convention center in it. Sounds like a bad thing right? Wrong, not at Disney! You never know the people are there. Typical disney magic. This was big plus. The bar was open later (free chips and salsa) and the food court was huge. Best of a disney resort of this type down there.

The pool is huge and has a great water slide. Great place and is a better price than some resorts. You must stay at a disney resort if you are going to Walt Disney World!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple