“Large Hotel Property, Very Small Rooms”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I knew going in that this was a large conference property. The grounds are beautiful and lovely for walking/jogging. However, it is a killer walk from the main building to most of the accommodations. We were located in Casita 5. It was a good 10 minute walk from the main building and really wasn't that far in comparison to other buildings. Luckily, we were only about a 5 minute walk to Bus Stop 2. To our chagrin, this was always the first stop for pickup/drop off for the Disney buses. The rooms were very small - very small! We could barely fit the stroller in the room to show how little floor space there truly was. The only room for stroller parking in room was right in front of the door. The beds were comfortable, linens were clean. I thought that the property had just been renovated, however, maybe that only meant, new linens, beds and drapes. The bathroom was severly outdated and mismatching floor to shower tiles, etc. The walls were exceptionally thin, we could hear the neighbors talking when they'd come back around midnight, etc. As well, at 7am one morning we awoke to the sound of the smoke alarm chirping very loudly. Perhaps it needed a new battery? All in all, it was about what we expected. However, upon our return, we will choose a different on property hotel. This one was too remote for us.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Reviewed 10 December 2009

First off, I have to say that this wonderful resort is where my husband and I spent our Honeymoon in April 2006. It was quiet, beautiful, fun, and the staff was wonderful. We were SO pleased to come back a second time and have an even better experience!
Our first night there, we checked in and we were getting ready to go out to dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I went to take a shower and our shower head was having...technical difficulties. Not only did they move us immediately to a new room, they helped us move, upgraded us, AND comped our first night!!
Disney ALWAYS goes above and beyond to make people feel welcome and at home but this was AMAZING! Even we'd never experienced service like THAT before!! WOW!!
The pools are great, the rooms are large and beautiful (and most have great views). I was shocked at how quiet it was-very few children both times we stayed!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We are frequent Disney guests having stayed at multiple deluxe and moderate Disney
resorts.The negative reviews on this site COULD NOT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.
The Coronado is absolutely gorgeous with a definite luxury "feel".The grounds are beautiful with many species of plants/flowers, fountains and reflecting pools.The style
is evocative of colonial Spain and Latin America.The resort is immense and a great deal of walking may be required.We asked to be placed close to the lobby,business center and with a lake view.We got EXACTLY what we requested,which to me,is superior customer service.Some reviews on this site mention rude,inattentive staff. The staff that
we encountered from the concierge(who could not help us enough)to the restaurant wait
staff were OVER THE TOP FRIENDLY.Our room was elegant with mahagony furniture raised panel headboards and sliding doors to the bathroom.The room was spotless on arrival and was cleaned to that level for the 9 days of our stay.The pool had a Mayan themed pyramid that cascaded water and glowed red at night-very cool.The resort has 2
restaurants "Pepper Market"-quick service and "Maya"-restaurant."Pepper Market has a
VERY ODD ordering system that is overwhelmed during busy times.The food ranges from very good(Soup/Salads to horrible(Pizza,Cheesesteak) ditto Maya first night dinner (steak/fish horrible).identical dinner last night very good,Panchitos(gift shop) has a very nice range of merchandise(alcohol/cigars etc.There is an outdoor bar and indoor bar/disco Rix Lounge(unusual for Disney) that my wife and I enjoyed. ALL IN ALL a fantastic 9 DAY stay and the beauty of this resort(stunning Christmas) decorations will stay with us a long time. 1/2 star deduction for the restaurants which for this resort caliber could be better.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank LAWNGUYLANDER
Reviewed 4 December 2009

My 6 year old and I arrived via Disney's Magical Express. Check in was easy but our room was a long long long long long way from anything. I called and they moved us much closer to a bus stop. Thank God!l As everything associated with Disney is a long long long hike by the end of the day in pouring rain the last thing you want is another long hike. It has 1962 rooms according to one source. Food was extremely over priced. One cookie and bottle of juice was $6.29. In the "quick serve" area aka the cheap $ food, a breakfast burrito was over $8. then the hotel tacked on 10% service fee and tax. Room service example Continental Breakfast $12.95 or Light Start $9.95 plus $3 delivery fee, plus 18% service charge plus tax. Allow a lot of time for getting your food. Every line is long even at what should be the slowest time of year.

The cost of the food at any location in Walt Disney World is prohibitive. I bought my little boy a chicken leg dinner (one skinless grilled chicken leg, 4 oz of white rice and was charged $6.59.

Hotel is so large that if you are not in in 8A 8b or 9a 9b you are a long way from everything. It s just too far to hike. There is no shuttle around the hotel. Pick someplace smaller and closer to things.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Stayed here for our 5 wedding anniversary and it was great rooms have been remodeled since I was here in October 08. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the dark woods and flat screen tv. They gave us and invitation for a champagne toast for our anniversary. Mousekeeping was as always very good. I would stay here again and already have reservations for Oct 09.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed at Coronado Springs Novemeber 16- Novemeber 19. Check in was a breeze. It did not take any more than 10 minutes. Our room was just a we requested, a king size bed. The Pepper Market was easy to figure out, great food too. We did drive to the parks during the day, so I don't know about the bus wait time. We always saw buses coming and going though. I have been to WDW over 10 times and have stayed at all three types of on site accomodations and this was a very good deal for the money that you pay. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Stayed here with my fiance for 7 nights in a water view room. This hotel is very nicely landscaped with a beautiful "beach" and pools for the kids. This hotel seems to be a little more catered to grown ups as it has a lounge (nice atmosphere, but empty) and not as many children as I saw in other resorts. It did seem to have a conference going on, but to me this resort could be fun for all ages. While there we did the Disney Dining Plan and I say it was definitely a money saver. We ate at Ohana, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, Tokyo Dining, Chefs de France and Tony's Town Square. Food was very good at all with just slightly poor service Hollywood Brown Derby. All in all my fiance and I had a magical time at Disney and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple