“Stay Somewhere Else!!!!”

Ranked #173 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“Stay Somewhere Else!!!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2010

This place really made me mad. The nicest staff member was the luggage man. We did "On line check in" so that when we arrived we would have all of our meal vouchers, park tickets, room, etc. We arrived at the hotel and were told that "Sorry, our computers are down and we do not have your packet ready." You will need to use your credit card to buy your own meals and will later be reinbursed. Your room you requested is not ready and you will have to stay in this room. (The room was the furthest from the laundry and Front Desk where you get your refills). My wife asked if we could use that room to freshen up due to our room we requested not being ready and were told "No" were not giving you 2 rooms. I advised them that we did not want 2 rooms, but wanted to freshen up real fast and go to the parks. The front desk manager was rude and not accomadating even though it was their computer sytem that messed everything up. The food is overly priced and to top it all off the one thing I was looking forward to the most, The Hot Tub, was broke the whole week we were there. I asked if it was going to be fixed, but no one would give an answer. This place is terrible.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,577)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Went to Walt Disneyworld for Space Flight Awareness Awards Conference at Kennedy Space Center and stayed here. Wow experience. The best service & ambiance I've ever had. Never had to drive anywhere as shuttle busses arrived every 15 min. 1st rate everything and of course,went to the park and had every kind of fun.

Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I loved Coronado Springs, I couldn't of had a better hotel!
The food was fantastic especially the quiche I usually hate quiche but this one was incredibly made with perfectly made puff-pastry and delicious inside (get the beacon and ham ones!!)
If you have kids they will love the pool! The slide is so fun!
The colors are really cool and the ice cream is delicious.
I hope to return to this genius hotel with my family because I can't go another year without the Coronadoliciousness!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
East TN
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Stayed at the resort during a convention the first week in February, not the best place I've ever stayed at. The rooms are similar to a Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, nothing to brag about. Our room had a musky smell towards the dressing area/bathroom, at first I thought it was the shower curtain, it wasn't, then I thought it was coming from the towels, not....could never track the odor down. The water pressure was terrible, I have thick medium length hair and it took forever to rise the soap out. The morning (between 6-6:30 am) we checked out, the pressure was almost a dribble, very timely to shower. The grounds were not laid out very well, we stayed in the 7A and 7B buildings and what a hike it was to the convention center especially in the rain and cold. There were golf carts around but we were told your group had to reserve upon booking (at an additional cost - go figure). The eating establishments were nothing to write home about either, the Mayo, the food was okay but the price, oh my, a typical Disney price. If and when we go back to Orlando, this resort will not be in my first ten.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I loved Coronado Springs. Everything was great, our room was nice and big and always spotless, and we had the world's friendliest and best housekeeper, Florence. The only thing I could even think about as a bad thing was that this is a convention hotel and the conventioners that were there when we were, were extremely loud and not child friendly, but you can't choose the guests who stay at the hotel with you. :D

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
manchester, england
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I stayed at the Coronado Srings hotel in November right ater the rooms had been refurbished. They were absolutely briliant, really nicely decorated with a huge bed, large TV and more than enough space for the two of us.

The grounds are lovely to walk round and there's a nice little lagoon bar by the lake. The Food court is decent but we did have a free Disney Dining Plan which meant we didn't need to worry about food prices. Without that, I'd be wary of buying full main courses as they're fairly pricey and so huge you can't manage one to yourself! If you do get the Dining Plan it's fantastic - not just at the hotel but everywhere - we barely paid for food or drinks all holiday and ate at lots of great places (it can also be used at the Bakery on the Bordwalk).

Anyway, the pool area was very impressive. The Pool bar wasn't perfect but it was fine and they did lovely margheritas and nachos! We didn't go on the slide but did enjoy the hot tub which is great after a long day at the park.

The staff are very helpful - we mst have visited the concierge 20 times to ask about different questions and they were happy to help us get to other parks like Seaworld and Busch Gardens as well as having all hte up to ate info on Disney World. The buses could take a little while at none 'peak' times but they were ok and there are 4 stops so no matter where you stay, it's not too far to a bus stop.

I've stayed at Port Orleans to and there's not much between them. I think the moderate hotels are pretty similar in standard but if you were considering going to Coronado Springs I'd definitely definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago IL
Reviewed 9 February 2010

When my children made plans for the grandchildren's first trip to Disney they asked me to join them for a weekend. Here is what I learned.

Any request you make when you make your reservation won't be remembered. I called three times to ask not to be placed in an adjoining room, but that was still the case when I checked in.

The walks between restaurants, pools, other facilties are very lengthy and the most family friendly buildings are the farthest from the main building. I checked in at 6:00, a lone female, and was not offered a ride (as they so often say are available) and walked about three blocks with my luggage in the dark.

The rooms are weird. The Mayan/Aztec theme is overdone. Think Holiday Inn meets Knights Inn. Simple furniture in heavy ornate woods. There are no tables, just two leather like stools. There are no table lamps. The beds are lit with the same lighting as hospitals use...fluorescent boxes above each bed. The television lacks good cable stations. Not much for children except one Disney Channel, but lots of Disney advertising channels. No minibar, but a fridge. The sheer curtains are not enough to keep people from seeing in so you have to draw the drapes which makes the room very dark. And the buildings themselves seem tired and used. Again, much like a local Holiday Inn.

Housekeeping sucks!!!!!! I was given a key to an unmade up room. When I called, Operations Manager Ray told me someone would be there shortly. I waited a half hour and called twice. My son then called very angry and a key to a new room was delivered (even though I was told the hotel was fully booked) and this room was also unmade. The staff person who brough the key card said it might be a while since they had only one housekeeper on duty. Friday night???? It took a total of three hours for them to get me a clean room and then only because I called the housekeeping supervisor and cried. (By the way, she came and cleaned my room herself...nice lady) My room was adequately cleaned during my stay, plenty of towels and toiletries, but no one emptied the coffeepot or left new coffee or emptied the water from the ice bucket and put in a fresh liner.

The sleep quality was fairly good. Beds are comfortable and bedding is nice. Rooms are quiet except for people passing by.

Food is mediocre. After my evening of waiting, I ordered from the very limited room service menu. The Caesar salad was adequate, the chicken wings were unbelievably spicy. My grandchildren and I had take out burgers and fries and found the burgers dry and bland. Do not expect anything but plastic plates, utensils, etc.

The staff is Disney courteous, but fake. Since this resort caters to conventions and business meetings, the concierge, registration and wait staff all seem ho-hum about their duties. Lots of checking of watches to see when they get relieved, lots of talking amongst each other when there's a long line. I took my room complaints to the concierge who then called a supervisor who then told me he would research my problem and leave me a message as to what they would do. They ended up crediting me $50. Big whoop, since I paid full price $200 a night for this room.

The only good remark I can give this hotel is its proximity to all the parks except Magic Kingdom. The bus rides were pretty short to Hollywood Studies, Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

Bottom line: if you're going to DisneyWorld with your family, choose another hotel. This one needs a little Disney magic for its staff

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!