“Never stay off property!”

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #177 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 February 2010

If you truly want a Disney vacation, then there's no way you could ever stay at an off-site hotel! The Disney hotels, no matter what price level, have the best theming, best cast members, best perks for visiting the parks, and will give you the best experience from the moment you drive thru the gates until you finally have to leave.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulTBI
There are newer reviews for Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Had a great time at Halloween Horror Nights then came back to a nice comfortable resort, Coronado Springs is very high quality for the price and has everything you need!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dynobyke
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We had so much fun here. My 5 year old son loved the pool and wanted to stay there most of the time. Which was nice but we had length of stay passes and it was weird that we had to force him to leave the pool so we could go to the Magic Kingdom. As always with Disney, the room was clean, the hotel was themed beautifully and we had a great time.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank DennisTTS
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I was very pleased with this hotel and the beautiful surroundings! Excellent location and roundtrip bus service to any Disney World theme park or location. The staff was also very friendly and willing to go that extra mile. They also have heated pools, which were especially nice in January. The rooms were clean, spacious and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The hotel also had a wonderful buffet (which accepted the Disney dining plan for lunch.) I would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank WISCGIRL2
Reviewed 21 February 2010

First of all, our trip from the airport to Disney World was a great start. The baggage handling went very smoothly. When my husband and I arrived at the Colorado Springs Resort to check in at the front desk the woman checking us in acted like it was an imposition and barely cracked a smirk. We thought 'oh, great; this is not going to be fun vacation.' But, after the cold greeting the rest of the staff made our stay a very pleasant one. First of all, we usually stayed in our room longer than usual in the a.m. Our room attendant didn't seem to let that bother her and she was always very pleasant, leaving our room clean and neat (we are not messy people) no matter when we left. The day before my husband and I checked out of the resort I thought I had lost my driver's license. The Concierge person (wish I had gotten her name) was very sympathetic and steered me to the Business Center in the resort. The two women who were working there were both kind and went above and beyond helpful. They seemed to have the same caring and helpful attitude with anyone who entered the Center.
The maintenence staff were great, too. When one of the dryers in the laundry room didn't work the staff member promptly started up another dryer for me at no charge and made sure that the new dryer was heating properly.
Be sure to dine in the Maya Grill. The prime rib is outstanding!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Looey
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Our trip started on a good note. Shortly after stepping off the plane we recieved a call from DCSR stating that our room was ready and what our room number was. I would recommend everyone to do the online check in option along with the check out option. I can not really say anything bad about the resort itself. Everything was wonderful. Yudith did a really great job with our rooms. Yes this is a resort for convention people, but if you plan to be at the parks all of the days you are there, you really do not even notice. The only thing I was unhappy with was, when I booked the trip I signed up for the one meal a day plan and I did not recieve this option. I would definatly go back again someday. The food, service, and my expectations were met. My kids had a really good time. The busses were on time. I love that the resort takes you luggage to the airport and when you go to the airport all you have is you, your family and your personal belongings. The next time you see you luggage is at baggage claim. Great resort, with great times.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Arrival and check in went smoothly. But when we got to our room, my daughter wanted a glass of water. I grabbed one of the glasses, it was dirty..as were the rest of them. We called to have them replaced, we waited an hour and then just went to the parks. Another evening we returned to our room and planned to make coffee, but none was left by house keeping. This time it took an hour to even bring some to the room.
We had a rainy day and decided to have dinner at the onsite restaurant. I ordered a cup of tea, with milk. By dessert the milk still hadn't arrived, and when we asked the server about it he proceeded to give me a 10 minute lecture about how to order tea with milk. When I tried to tell him that we had in fact ordered the milk, he still denied it.
Afte dinner we went to the front desk to speak with the manager, regarding all the issues we had with our stay. His comment was " Here's my notepad, and you can see I have a list of things to talk to housekeeping about, and oh well about the dining service. So I will look into it, but don't hold your breath" Needless to say I was stunned by this response.
If this was classed as a value resort, perhaps I would be more forgiving. The linens were terribly worn, horrible towels, musty smell in the room and there were other issues as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family