“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Ranked #170 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Seattle
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

I stayed here as part of a conference and its a good thing my company is paying for this trip because I would not plunk down my own money to stay at Coronado Springs. Its an older property and looks it. The housekeeping in Casitas #4 didn't know how to clean a mirror or counter ...they were dirty when I checked in ( and stayed dirty until I wiped them down my myself on 2nd day), make a bed ...first night found the bottom sheet all crumpled all up - remade my bed so I could be comfortable, and couldn't remember to leave me the coffee packs for the morning. Everything was way overpriced ... $4.50 for a turnover?!?!?! Food so-so ...variety limited and mass produced. The 'cast members' for the most part were nice but looked as tired as the property. When I went to check out (3 am) for my early flight, the desk said the system was down and that they could fax or mail my receipt. There were about 40 other early check outs in same boat. Because I had internet problems with them (yup that too) I wanted to check my bill but it wasn't to be. I get back in the office this morning and no fax...time to follow up.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northeast US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Pros: People, of course, are just great (the consistency of Disney employees always amazes me), the hotel is located close to all the attractions, it is clean, and the on-site food options are very good and suprisingly reasonable,

Cons: The facility is just a re-decorated old Holiday Inn. The rooms were small, cramped, with one of those sinks-in-the bedrooms deal. There wasn't even room for a chair. There is no wi-fi so you have to sit at a desk to do your work of some stupid ethernet cable (which, by the way, costs $10 and is about as responsive as dial-up) It is a motel -- so your door opens to the outside and is drafty and noisy. The place is huge so you are walking outside considerable distances to eat, catch the bus, or do anything. If it rains or is really cold (both during my stay), you are screwed. Bottom line: The place is little more than a "crash pad" for going to the parks. In no way can it be considered a business travel hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Stayed in 3170. Great location. Close to bustop 2, and the main building. Room was fantastic, and the restaurants were terrific.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

This was our first family trip to Disney World, and Coronado Springs was our first choice. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the grounds were impeccable. In fact, one of our favorite places to eat was the Pepper Market at the hotel. There weren't any noises which kept us up at night and the bus rides to and from the parks were surprisingly tolerable. The rooms could use an upgrade but this was no surprise; however, since we viewed pictures online before we made our reservations. We were aware that our rooms would have double beds, as well, and our family was "fine" during the length of our stay. Our room was clean and that's all we cared about. We had a wonderful family vacation at Disney World and, yes, it WAS magical. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jmarie0821
Holland, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

We stayed at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon. We got a preferred room at the Cabannas. We found it to be closest to the main building. The main pool and slide were great. We must have went at a quiet time because there never seemed to be alot of people staying at the resort. The beds were very comfortable along with the pillows and full body pillows. The food was somewhat pricey but it was very good. The worst thing was probably the location of it compared to 3 parks and downtown disney. Its in the Animal Kingdom resort area and they are far away from anything else. Its a 20min bus ride to get to anywhere. Otherwise I would go to Coronado Springs again anytime.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

We stayed here one night to visit the Magic Kingdom before a cruise. We paid $120 per night including tax. I thought that was a great deal. We stay in Casita building 3. When we arrived I was a little disappointed because the room was dark and moldy smelling but we were only going to be there to sleep so it was no big deal.

We were right by bus stop #2 which was great. We waited for the bus and in 20 minutes we were in the Magic Kingdom. Had a great time there. Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to visit. The lines are short.

When we returned to our room after midnight we got ready for bed. I removed the decorative bed scarf on the bed and couldn't believe the stain on the duvet cover. It looked like a urine stain about the size of a frisbee. How could housekeeping leave that duvet on the bed!Then I noticed that the duvet did not even have a blanket in it. It had a matress pad. I could not believe I was in a Disney Hotel. We will never return to Coronado Springs.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

I'm a frequent Disney World visitor but have not stayed on Disney property due to their prices. I usually find a four-star off-site property for much less money. This time, after finding a significant discount available, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and experience the much-ballyhooed "magic" of staying at a Disney resort for a seven night stay.

The resort is beautifully landscaped. Building exteriors were painted in an unsettling color scheme of peach and aqua. You can't fault Disney for cleanliness or the beauty of the grounds, but I would prefer more restful colors on building exteriors. (But then I'm not six years old.)

The check-in experience was very good. The desk clerks were quite adept and easily added park tickets and charging priveleges to our room keys. No problems there. Our first room was a handicap access room located in the Ranchos section of the resort. We were absolutely as far as one could be from the restaurants and lobby area. Because the bathroom was intended for handicapped folks, there was no bathtub, but instead just a curtain seperating the toilet and shower. To make the bath area larger, space had been taken from the vanity area. We did not like the room and asked to be moved. We were accomodated quickly and graciously.

Our king-bedded room was in the Casitas 3 building, a short walk from the lobby area. As with most everything Disney, most of the money is spent on the facade. The room was not up to my expectations in terms of decor or features. The room was smaller than I expected and seemed dated, even though it had been recently renovated. There were no bedside lamps, but instead a flourescent light bar running the length of the headboard. So much for reading while my partner slept. I must say that the bedding was very comfortable. The refrigerator was quite handy for storing cold drinks. The television was adequate. The desk chair was very uncomfortable. The bathroom was just tired and reminded me of a 2-star hotel. We frequently heard noise from other guests. The walls seemed very thin. In all, I would say the room is on par with what you might find at a Fairfield Inn or Hilton Garden Inn. It was clean, but small and not particularly nice.

The worst part of the resort was the food. The Pepper Market food court was our first stop. Two hamburgers and two sodas cost $29.00 and they were absolutely the worst hamburgers I have ever had. We never ate at the hotel again.

There is a lovely outdoor bar overlooking the lake. But cocktails ran from about $6.00 for a beer to $12.00 for a double scotch- not what I would call reasonable. After our first $100 bar tab, we decided to stock our own regrigerator.

All in all, our stay was acceptable. But I pity the poor folks who arrive without a car and are forced to eat and drink at the resort only. There's no way I would continue to pay these prices for Disney's dismal food and outrageously priced cocktails. Next time, I will stay off-site and enjoy a more luxurious vacation.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple