We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort as part of a group/convention booking and as a result we paid discounted rates of $133 per night. Considering the fact that we were in a MOTEL, not a hotel, the quality of the accomodations didn't even come close to what you might expect at Disney World. My impression is that we paid way too much for much too little.
There are no valet/bell staff to help you with your luggage. You drive to the closest parking lot and then have to haul your luggage to your room. The motel is 4 stories high and it is without question the most confusing set up I've ever seen. We walked in circles looking for an elevator, we got lost making return trips to the car for more luggage and we actually searched for more than 20 minutes one time just trying to find the parking lot!! All the buildings look exactly alike and they are numbered, Casitas 1, Casitas 2, which just adds to the confusion. We found the grounds crew had difficulty giving us directions to our room!
We were lucky to stay in the same building as the convention center; for those folks that were on the other side of the lagoon it was a 10-15 minute walk (in 40 degree temps. in December) just to get to the convention center. The lobby and the two restaurants are also located in the same building as the convention center so if you want to do anything (eat, attend meetings, go to the gift shop, etc.) it is essential that you make sure you are in one of the Casitas buildings. Otherwise, bring your hiking shoes or your patience because I've heard the shuttle service is SLOW.
The Pepper Market is the "food court" dining experience which leaves much to be desired. They give you a card and you walk around choosing your food cafeteria style. The food is mediocre at best and over-priced for what they give you. (Although, that is in keeping with the Disney tradition.) The Pepper Market only seats 435 and considering there were 1800 attending the conference, long lines to enter the food court were standard. The other restaurant, the Mayan Grill, also could not accomodate the number of people at the convention so there were 30-40 minute waits there as well. There is a mini-fridge in every room and travelers are advised to STOCK UP BEFORE ARRIVING.
The rooms open up to the outdoors and the noise from people passing on the concrete catwalks outside the rooms was LOUD. The beds are doubles, not queens and the bathroom was so tiny you couldn't close the door......no bed skirts, really cheap blankets and bed linens, thin carpeting......the TV in the room was a 17 inch Sony. Internet access in the room (with an ethernet cable - no wireless in the rooms) is $10 for 24 hours. Geez! Even Embassy Suites gives guests free wireless!! For what we paid for the room we could have stayed in a much nicer hotel with much finer appointments. Unfortunately we had to stay on site and had little choice. I would advise everybody to pass on this Disney property and look elsewhere. We've stayed on many Disney properties before and have never experienced the difficulties we've found here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relive the romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico as you follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado at this Resort hotel. Find your own mythical city of gold in a Southwestern-themed haven of brightly colored Casitas, rustic Ranchos and beachfront Cabanas encircling a glimmering 22-acre lake. Each accommodation provides a unique escape and a welcoming home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Orlando, Florida