“Frustrated Patron”

Ranked #178 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Frustrated Patron”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

My family and I checked into your hotel late Friday evening, March 18, 2011. Our stay started out pleasant, but on Saturday morning, we noticed that the water was slowly draining, or so we thought, from the bath tub. We were gone from the room all day and returned on Saturday night to a tub full of water. I called the front desk to report the problem and no one showed. In the process of waiting for assistance, we fell asleep. First thing Sunday morning, I called the front desk to report the problem again, waited for about an hour. Still no one showed. I called a third time, waited about an hour before going to the front desk to find out why no one came to correct the problem. Each time I called, the person at the front desk assured me that someone would be up soon.

When I checked out, the problem still had not been corrected.

On Monday, March 21, 2011 at 1:14 p.m., I called to speak with the General Manager, Lisa Catina. Since Lisa was not available, I left a message on her voicemail. At 3:15 p.m., Lisa returned my call and upon checking the call logs, she said that each call was showing completed. She said that the problem had been corrected, I assured her that the problem was not corrected while I was staying at the hotel. Lisa assured she would check into the situation and call me back on Wednesday because she was not working on Tuesday. To date, I have not received a call from Lisa. Even after leaving messages on her voicemail on 3/25/11 @ 10:47 a.m., 4/4/11 @ 3:02 p.m., and 4/5/11 @ 5:44 p.m.

On 4/4/11, I spoke with Daisy. I asked if there was anyone else that I could speak with, she told me that Lisa was the General Manager, and the only person that I could speak with about a complaint. On 4/7/11 @ 8:49 a.m., I called and was transferred to Dana, Sales Manager. I left a message on her voicemail. Still no return call from anyone there.

Is this how Lake Eve treats it patrons, get their money and ignore their concerns? That is exactly how I feel right now. I feel my concerns were totally ignored and assumed minute. My family has been coming to this resort for family gatherings for the past three years. There are talks of another gathering next year, but I am reluctant to attend with them again because of the way that I have been treated.

Room Tip: Handle issues while still on the property!
Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Wallaces255

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed here for one week. The hotel and rooms are clean and we were pleased with the space we had. The only downside is that some of the finishings were a little tired -- the toilet roll holder was broken, so was the shower handle, and the pillows were lumpy and rather uncomfortable. We were in a 2-bedroom 2-bath - it had a balcony that looked out over the pool. Living room was spacious enough, couch was a pull-out and therefore not very comfy! Kitchen had the basics - large fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, washer and dryer. There was a roll of paper towels and they replaced the coffee and dishwasher detergent daily. We pre-ordered groceries from Garden Grocer (see the link on the hotel's website) -- this was terrific as food was in our freezer and fridge when we arrived. It also saved us tons of money by not eating out and we packed lunches for the parks, which was a healthier option than what was on offer there. Location-wise -- very close to the parks. Hotel has a free shuttle to most of the parks and for those they don't you can almost always get connections at the parks to other parks. Also we used the I-Ride Trolley (Aquatica is 4 minutes from the hotel on the I-Ride) -- this is a very cost-effective way to get around (we bought the 7-day pass -- and actually canceled our car rental once we realized this could work as a transportation option. Trolleys come about every 15-20minutes so there is sometimes a little wait). There are tons of shops around -- and a Publix supermarket 2 I-Ride stops or a 7-minute walk away. We used Taxi for Hire (we found on other TripAdvisor reviews) to get to and from the airport - they were terrific. For the price and convenience this hotel gets high grades from us!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicky M
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Do not stay at this hotel. We booked our suite 5 months in advance and even confirmed the reservation the week before we left. When we arrived we were told that our credit card had been declined so our reservation had been cancelled. This is totally a lie - our credit card was totally paid off and had over $ 30,000 available on it. The problem is that we flew in at approx 11:00 pm and they had oversold the hotel. Since we were one of the last ones to arrive our reservation was cancelled.

What was totally frustrating is that the front desk staff was very rude to us and did nothing to help us. They treated us very badly.

It seems that Lake Eve regularly overbooks and then the last people to arrive are out of luck - Do not stay at this hotel - they treat you terribly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank TH1969
LCatena, General Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for your valued feedback. Lake Eve Resort is glad to confirm reservations upon guest requests however as a business we must also confirm a valid form of payment. To verify payment it is resort policy is to authorize the first night of the stay 24 hours prior to arrival.
We acknowledge that for many reasons a credit card hold may not go through, the resort takes every precaution to try and resolve the issue for the guest before releasing the reservation. The resort tries to either reach out to the guest or the guests bank to either collect a different form of payment or verify funds (respectively). In the event that the hold still does not go through or we cannot reach the guest to secure another form of payment prior to arrival we have no other choice but to release the room. Often times people book rooms and then change plans leaving us with empty unpaid rooms. In your case the credit card on file declined. Unfortunately a valid payment was not obtained therefore the reservation was cancelled and released for sale to the next paying guest.

Yours in hospitality,

Lisa A. Catena
england
Reviewed 18 April 2011

What a great place Lake Eve is to stay for our anual florida hol. Myself an hubby stayed here with our daughters and partners and also my parents in march we was having a fab time but then my father was taken ill and was rushed into hospital we were so upset but the hotel staff was fantastic especially Marie who was so helpful and also the holiday rep who also helped us whilst my father was in hospital. they helped us sort everything out and helped us carry on best we could whilst having to travel back and forwards to hospital etc to visit my father. we had to fly home without him beacuse he was so ill that a doctor had to fly back with him once he was fit enough to fly. My father is still ill and is waiting for heart surgery back in the uk but without the help of everyone concerned at Lake Eve and the hospital and the holiday company it may have been a rather different review so from all of the family we would like to say a massive thankyou to you all and hopefully will visit Lake Eve in the not too distant future.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dee61
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My teenaged daughter and I stayed at the Lake Eve Resort for three nights at the end of our March Break trip to Orlando. Although I reserved a one-bedroom suite, we were given a three-bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the large swimming pool. The suite was beautifully appointed; even the website photos did not do the room justice. Even during the busy March Break-period, our room was very quiet. There is a restaurant in the hotel but we only ate one breakfast there. The buffet breakfast was very inexpensive and available at a discount if you pre-paid at least the night before. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We arrived in early in the morning and my request for an early check-in was cheerfully accommodated. I also appreciated the knowledgeable agent selling tickets to the Orlando theme parks in the lobby. Located on International Drive, the Lake Eve Resort is within easy driving distance of the airport and the major Orlando attractions. Although shuttles are offered to Disney and Universal Studios and the I Ride Trolley stops nearby, I would highly recommend having a car if you wanted to explore Orlando from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We loved the area, the hotel was just minuntes away from many of the attractions and sites. Staff were helpful and courtious. Disney was just 10 min. for the hotel and wet & wild just 5 min. away.

Room Tip: View is great from the 13 floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We are a family of five, so finding nice hotels with enough space is challenging. Lake Eve delivered big time. Check in smooth and quick! Room is awesome. Beautiful, clean and spacious. We are regretting that we can't stay all week! The pool is heated, so the fact that it's shaded is no problem at all. Tons of families here for spring break. You should come!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
LCatena, General Manager at Lake Eve Resort, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor users. We appreciate all feedback that we receive and are glad to have provided you with the service and product you expected.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Don't forget you are now able to take advantage of our special return guest rates - just call the hotel and they will make sure you get the best rate possible.

Yours in hospitality,