“One of my favorite places to stay with family!”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #198 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I've stayed here twice while vacationing with my in-laws. I visit Orlando often just as a couple and have stayed in many different hotels, but when traveling with a group more than 4, its more comfortable to stay in a condo style hotel. The first time I booked through Hotwire, and the 2nd time around I wanted to stay here again. Although its not advertised online when I called in they gave me a previous guest discount.
We booked both times the 2 bedroom suite, which comes with a King size master suite with a huge luxurious bathroom as well as 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and a sofa bed. The first time around we got a 1st floor room I didn't care for. The second time we were placed in a high floor room with a great view. We could see the Disney fireworks from the balcony. There's a restaurant on property as well as a pool with jacuzzi, fitness room and sauna/steam room. I found the pool to be pretty small compared to how large the hotel was. The rooms are somewhat tastefully decorated and clean. There are All the appliances are modern. Its pretty close to Aquatica/Seaworld and there are grocery stores in the surrounding area but the immediate area seems remote. I really enjoyed my stay here both times, and its probably one of the only places I will stay when traveling with the family, my in laws loved it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MsDanger

Reviewed 6 July 2011

great hotel handy for just about anywhere you would want to go, hotel bus shuttle was good for parks very reliable, all facilities good, rooms large and well equipped, pool area not the biggest but never too busy, only negative was lifts , very slow and unreliable not sufficient for a hotel as large as this, staff helpful and food in hotel good although gratuity is added to bill

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank malkyandlizm
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This property is really a very nice looking VILLA HOTEL with one pool in the back. It was clean with updated furnishings. Using the word "RESORT" in their name does not make them a resort.

If you are looking for a true resort experience with ample amenities (basketball, walking trails, tennis, multiple restaurants, pool activities, etc) for the entire family, please carefully consider other true resort properties. CAUTION - They also present themselves as a 3.5 -star resort on discount hotel websites. They are absolutely NOT.

They get two stars for false advertising. The property is nice, but I was looking for a true resort. Having booked this property on hotwire, I could not cancel the reservation. Not happy with hotwire either. They’ve lost a customer.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LikesToTravel_99
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I too was staying here the morning of June 17, 2011 for my daughtera volleyball tournament in Orlando. My 3 kids, wife and I were awoken to the shrill alarm sounding in our room telling us that an emergency situation existed, and we needed to evacuate and not to use the elevators. The alarm in our room was so loud, it could have woken the dead. I didn't call the front desk, we just evacuated as were told. I don't know what the previous poster wanted from an $8.00 per hour 3rd shift desk clerk who is answering about 100 calls from people who can't follow directions in an emergency, but whatever.

We did have to walk down 11 flights of stairs, then back up a couple hours later. The 10-15 fire engines and firefighters going in and out told me that something was going on and that was good enough for me. Lucky I remembered to grab the keys to my rental car before leaving my room, so the kids were able to sit in the car and watch movies (Although fire trucks and rescue squads are more exiting to 8 and 12 year olds.) Most people were stuck sitting or standing on the pavement.

When we checked out on Saturday, there was a letter posted offering an apoligy and explaining what happened. The hotel had no control over this and it is unfortunate, but life goes on.

As far as the hotel, the rooms are very nice with seperate bedrooms and full kitchens, large bathrooms and showers, and flat screen tv's in every living and bedroom. The pool area is very nice, although several times no pool towels were available and empty drink containers and beer cans littered the pool area after a rainstorm. Overall very nice hotel. Walgreen's, Publix, CVS, and gas stations nearby. About 1.5 miles from Seaworld.

The only complaint I have is the wireless internet was about the worst I have ever experienced from a hotel. If you could get on, it was extremely slow and it kicked you out for no reason after a couple of minutes. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Having stayed at the Fountains complex next door, we were aware of Lake Eve Resort before we booked. We stayed for a week at the beginning of June in a 2 bedroom condo; we were luckily given a premium room on the 13th floor. With 180 degree views from Disneyworld to Seaworld we could see the firework displays most nights and the view over Lake Eve was beautiful. The rooms were well equipped and were cleaned every day, the towels were changed and the dishwasher was filled and switched on. Free wi-fi was included in the room charge, so no nasty extra charges like resort fees. For a balanced view, the negatives with Lake Eve when we stayed are, the sun leaves the pool area at around 4.00pm and that the resort is used at some times of the year for school and college sport trips, so the pool can get busy when the coaches return. With Lake Eve’s location and good customer relations, I would stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

1  Thank jettyman
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Nice place. We stayed in a 2 bed suite. The suite was great with kitchen, 2 bedrooms, washer dryer, LCD tv in each room.
The resort runs a free shuttle to Disney world, Universal and Seaworld. They also offer complimentary parking.
There's an external agency in the lobby selling tickets for Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal. I found Jon to be very well informed and helpful.
Reason for rating it 4/ 5 is that we thought the room cleaning service could have been better and the kitchen could probably be equipped better.
Overall, its a great place and met most of our requirements. Would certainly come back again.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

My daughter was staying at Lake Eve with her volleyball team this last week. She misplaced her stuffed animalthat she has had since she was a few years old. When I called the holel, (my wife and I live in Chicago), and talked a gentlman by the name of Frank, he went above and beyond the call of duty to help find my daughter's stuffed animal. I can't thank him enough for all he did. He was terrific!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends