“Another Not Bad for the Money”
Review of Lake Eve Resort

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #190 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Troy, MI
“Another Not Bad for the Money”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I chose this place for our Christmas Vacation due to poor planning on my part. Given my poor planning it wasn't bad; had I planned better, I might be upset. Positives: great location, great space (I needed space for 6), the staff was nice and helpful and it was nice having a washer and dryer in the unit. Not paying for parking was good and even though we were blocked in when we had to leave to catch our flights, the night staff had the keys of the cars that blocked us in.Negatives: the carpet was filthy, the floors in the kitchen and foyer were moldy. I would have paid more for HDTV, some of the electric sockets were bad, the lighting in the kitchen was bad, housekeeping only changes your towels and makes up your bed, they do not change the bed or clean the bathrooms. The curtain in the shower should be thicker and stay on the inside. Admittedly my son left the curtain on the outside and water got on the floor, the mold on the bottom of the bathtub leads me to believe that others have made the same mistake as well. The food in the restaurant was expensive and did not taste good at all.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool and higher up
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank deon48085

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great hotel in many ways. I found the hotel to be quite clean although I had read some negative comments. The shuttle to Universal only leaves and returns once a day. 7.45am leaves and returns some 12 hours later to me that is really to early to leave and then return so late. Had to pay for a taxi there and back every night. Also sent them an email about this and the fact I had got a Meers taxi back on the last night to be ripped off from a Disney location. I was picked up and abandoned in some place I did not know. After being told it would cost only 20 dollars back to the hotel which he charged me $27 then I had to pay a further $20 for a taxi back to hotel. The trip should of cost $22 dollars on further investigation.
They charged me $100 dollars hotel resort fee but I did not get to use the shuttles. I was aware of cost before booking my holiday but when they took my card they said that was not the case and would only be charged if there were any breakages. All in all I did not use there resort amenities and so should not of been charged. I pointed this out in my email and she kept explaining hotel policy. Saying they would review the shuttle times for Universal. Well hope they did and hope they have changed it so more people can take advantage of it. The ironic thing about it is I had changed my hotel to this one for use of a shuttle. Well might of well not it turns out.
Other than that the hotel is quite nice and the guy selling the theme park tickets was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We reserved the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo for 1 night in Orlando. Was great overall.
liked having kitchen, dining table and washer-dryer. Very handy for a family.
Only negatives:
TV was on some electric saver thing and wouldn't work right, even when maintenance came up, could only get 1 channel...couldn't switch.
There is an override switch in the entryway - that one of my family members flipped off when going to bed. It turns off all the ceiling fans in the condo. We couldn't figure out what went wrong with them...
I agree with others though - wear and tear is showing. Our couches and carpet had marks/stains on them.

Room Tip: Remember the master switch in entry! Leave it on!! :)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a nice stay but there were a few things that did not appreciated. The Toilet seat was broken, and the towels were not replaced as much as I would have liked.
The main complaint is the shower. There was no pressure and it felt like you were having some form of mist for a shower.
Asks to rate food breakfast, the food in the restaurant was horrible. Tried it first day and never again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our family of four adults stayed a week in a two bedroom suite and found the accommodation to be very spacious, quiet and of a very good quality. Having two bathrooms for four people was a plus, as was having a washing machine and dryer. Wireless internet in the room was a good speed. You really need a rental car when staying in Orlando as attractions are spread out and the shuttles to theme parks only pick up at 8am approx and return at 8pm approx. Parking at Lake Eve Resort is free and conveniently located in front of the resort. Lake Eve Resort is located on International Drive, which is a long prominent road which helps in navigating to/from your accommodation. A supermarket is close by if you want to buy your own groceries. Overall, recommend as a place to stay on vacation.

1 Thank Greg L
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2013

i got this via Hotwire. We had stayed here before and love the space. We had been on a cruise ship and knew we would want to spread out a bit and do laundry. This is perfect for both. The place is showing a bit of wear and tear both in public areas and in the rooms themselves. Hairdryer fell off the wall, lots of scuff marks and carpet fraying. It was mostly clean, good price and they let us check in really early which was so appreciated. I would recommend it.

Beds comfy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a two bedroom that was perfect. Platinum gives you an end unit and view of lake, pool and surrounding area. The room was quiet, beds very comfortable and staff very friendly. Be advised if your lights or fan don't turn on, try the master light switch as you enter the room. It controls everything. Anytime spent in Orlando will be at Lake Eve Resort.