“Really nice hotel.”

Ranked #190 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really nice hotel.”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Stayes here 2 years ago with my boyfriend and his family. First arrival the outside of the hotel was nice with big car park for guests. Once inside was amazing. Reception nice and big and helpful staff telling us about things to do as it was our first time in orlando. Had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms. Bathroom has a Jacuzzi and the rooms where big. Pool view and the pool was nice and quiet. 2 downsides the pool area didnt get much sun and its right at the end of international drive with not much restaurants around that area.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Let me preface this review with the fact that we contacted Lake Eve Resort Management five times, and as of this writing, have not received a response from them. We were guests at your resort the week Dec. 21 -27th, and paid for two suites for 8 immediate family members. We found the rooms to be spacious and the beds were mostly comfortable. The resort is in a good location, near all the major parks, but away from heavier traffic like other International Drive properties. Although understaffed, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The kitchens were sufficiently stocked with utensils and cookware to prepare light meals and breakfast. The washer and dryer was a great convenience.

We did experience issues however that are of substantial concern. Upon our arrival and check in, we immediately notified the front desk staff that the condition of the carpeting in the living room of both suites was badly stained and extremely dirty. We again notified the front desk staff on the second day, and were told that housekeeping would be in contact with us, which never occurred. The living room couch and loveseat were very worn out and are in need of replacement.

Both suites had numerous non-working lights; three of the four remote controls didn’t work (batteries). Maintenance brought up several light bulbs and batteries for the remote controls, which we changed. Even after changing light bulbs, three of the lamps didn’t work. The kitchen cabinets were grimy and sticky to the touch. Apparently, they have not been cleaned in a very long time. Kitchen lighting is insufficient, additional lights to the track are a must.

Housekeeping was spotty at best. They delivered fresh towels but the bathrooms were never extensively cleaned during our six day stay. Toilets were dirty and sinks should have been better cleaned as well.

Our entire family are very frequent travelers, and we were all disappointed that your staff did not check the cleanliness, condition and working order of our rooms after the previous guest’s departure and prior to our arrival. Your resort was recommended to us by my sister-in-law, who stayed there about 18 months ago with a group that frequents Orlando. She too is very disheartened to hear that the property is not of the standard it was. At checkout, we discussed the issues with the front desk clerk, who credited us two days of resort fees per room.

1 Thank chehemann
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We were 3 adults and 3 children and we stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment, very well equipped and facing the pool. Great breakfast and easy drive to Disney and Universal parks.
You do need a car to move around. It is not in the center of the city…..

Room Tip: High floor and facing the pool / lake!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SabbaticalBrazilian
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 January 2014

A well maintained property along one of the main road (International Drive) in Orlando. Just minutes from Sea World and Vineyard Premium Outlets. 10-15 minutes down the road brings you an array of restaurants & shops. We took a 2 bedroom apartment (platinum - stayed a week) for a family of 5 (3 teenagers) and it was comfortably spacious with well appointed amenities. Great beds, good quality fitting all around + washing machine/dryer easily made us felt at home. Good spread for breakfast - compliment to the Chefs and waitresses. Friendly team at the reception.

Troy, MI
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I chose this place for our Christmas Vacation due to poor planning on my part. Given my poor planning it wasn't bad; had I planned better, I might be upset. Positives: great location, great space (I needed space for 6), the staff was nice and helpful and it was nice having a washer and dryer in the unit. Not paying for parking was good and even though we were blocked in when we had to leave to catch our flights, the night staff had the keys of the cars that blocked us in.Negatives: the carpet was filthy, the floors in the kitchen and foyer were moldy. I would have paid more for HDTV, some of the electric sockets were bad, the lighting in the kitchen was bad, housekeeping only changes your towels and makes up your bed, they do not change the bed or clean the bathrooms. The curtain in the shower should be thicker and stay on the inside. Admittedly my son left the curtain on the outside and water got on the floor, the mold on the bottom of the bathtub leads me to believe that others have made the same mistake as well. The food in the restaurant was expensive and did not taste good at all.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool and higher up
2 Thank deon48085
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great hotel in many ways. I found the hotel to be quite clean although I had read some negative comments. The shuttle to Universal only leaves and returns once a day. 7.45am leaves and returns some 12 hours later to me that is really to early to leave and then return so late. Had to pay for a taxi there and back every night. Also sent them an email about this and the fact I had got a Meers taxi back on the last night to be ripped off from a Disney location. I was picked up and abandoned in some place I did not know. After being told it would cost only 20 dollars back to the hotel which he charged me $27 then I had to pay a further $20 for a taxi back to hotel. The trip should of cost $22 dollars on further investigation.
They charged me $100 dollars hotel resort fee but I did not get to use the shuttles. I was aware of cost before booking my holiday but when they took my card they said that was not the case and would only be charged if there were any breakages. All in all I did not use there resort amenities and so should not of been charged. I pointed this out in my email and she kept explaining hotel policy. Saying they would review the shuttle times for Universal. Well hope they did and hope they have changed it so more people can take advantage of it. The ironic thing about it is I had changed my hotel to this one for use of a shuttle. Well might of well not it turns out.
Other than that the hotel is quite nice and the guy selling the theme park tickets was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We reserved the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo for 1 night in Orlando. Was great overall.
liked having kitchen, dining table and washer-dryer. Very handy for a family.
Only negatives:
TV was on some electric saver thing and wouldn't work right, even when maintenance came up, could only get 1 channel...couldn't switch.
There is an override switch in the entryway - that one of my family members flipped off when going to bed. It turns off all the ceiling fans in the condo. We couldn't figure out what went wrong with them...
I agree with others though - wear and tear is showing. Our couches and carpet had marks/stains on them.

Room Tip: Remember the master switch in entry! Leave it on!! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family