“One of the worst”

Lake Eve Resort
Ranked #191 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“One of the worst”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I had to stay here for our disney trip and the plumbing went totally wrong. Toilets over flowed and everything and it took a half hour for someone to come up and he couldnt "find" the plunger and we had to stay up another hour before he came back and he looked as though we were the reason he had the job he had. Then it took them an hour to get us more clean rags. I would not book here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lexi L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
St cloud
Reviewed 12 June 2014

. My room was amazing. We stayed for a whole 7nights.2 bedrooms and 2 baths. There was enough room for my whole family. There was never a dull moment. My husband and I work in the area and had to work every morning and my sister took care of my daughter and they were never bored. Always something to do. The staff was friendly and everytime I needed something no one hesitated to bring it. It was beautiful and I would do it again. Shout out to my cleaning lady Jessica Castillo. I met her in the hallway one morning, asked her a question and she was more than helpful ! Two dumbs up !!! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We traveled with our 2 kids and had a 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living area. The room is very spacious and well equipped. Location is good if you have a car. However cleanness is not their focus. We stayed for 10 days and despite paying for a daily tidiness, the room was cleaned only twice, on our 2 last days after a lot of complains!! The carpet was filthy and my daughter was extremely allergic during our stay! One of the days I requested a change of the bed sheets of my little one's bed and they left me a note saying they couldn't do it because it was wet. I asked again and they handed me the sheets for me to change! And this was the only time the sheets were changed in 10 days! The same with the towels!!! So, if you expect a serviced apartment, I do not recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Christiane F
Wales
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We first stayed at Lake Eve in 2012 & decided to return this Easter. Got a very good rate via Travel Republic for a 2 bedroom suite. We arrived at 7.30pm so no problems with check in, had been allocated a platinum suite (701) thanks to Nicole for that. We had asked for a higher floor but was told non available but when we got to our room we were pleased. All the kitchen equipment seemed new & everywhere was clean. Housekeeping did a good job throughout our stay replenishing towels, toiletries & kitchen cleaning items. Maintenance came in immediately when we noticed the start of a small wasp nest on our balcony & sprayed it before got any bigger. All the staff were friendly & helpful. The only negative points were that used towels/rubbish was left in the corridors for a later collection & the carpets in the corridor were not hoovered in 14 days despite a hoover sitting outside a room for 3 days! The hotel seems to have stopped offering the complimentary transport to the theme parks which we used on our previous stay. Added bonus to be able to use the facilities of the fountains next door. They also stored our luggage for us to collect later in the day. We didn't have a car so used the lynx buses & taxis there is a bus stop right outside the hotel entrance & the taxis came right up to the lobby. About a 20 minute walk to the supermarket & outlet village at Vineland. Another nice touch was the Easter activities & freebies arranged in the lobby one evening. It was reassuring to see the pool area being checked & water samples being taken whilst we were there too.

Room Tip: Ask for a platinum suite on a high floor ie room numbers ending in 01 or 13
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2014

45 minute check in, then put in a room that had not been cleaned. Desk told me, but housekeeping says it is clean! Way too few elevators, might be a minute wait or several minutes. Gone all afternoon and room was not clean at 6PM on return. Asked for towels at 6:05 at the front desk, 70 minutes later no towels and have not heard from anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Andrew S
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel was under construction, so our room's windows and doors had tarp taped up against them. The drawers were all pulled out and there was some white, chunky mystery subsance on the phone.

The hotel really isn't all that bad, but I didn't know I was walking right into a hard sell as this trip was presented to me as a "prize." My own ignorance aside, it wouldn't have been too bad except our presentation time was at 2 in the afternoon, with no option to change despite being told that we would get to schedule it on our own, and though they told me it was 90 min, We had to do the walk -through and sit with a saleperson to "answer" any questions we had. We didn't have any, we weren't buying, but they made us sit there until the manager came around. He tried to convince us and left us to contemplate before coming back around again to see if we had changed our minds before we were permitted to leave and collect the "gifts." 90 minutes turned into 2.5-3 hours :[

I didn't appreciate this tactic nor the poor timing; only three days in Orlando and one wasted on this nonsense. Also, we were on the 13th floor, waiting for the elevator was terribly long each time so we ended up taking the stairs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jhuynhtoor
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night for a wedding and had a blast! We got a 2 bedroom room for 2 couples and it came equipped with full kitchen, living and huge balcony overlooking pool area. While this is not in the heart of the tourist district and would require a car, it is very coincidently located to all major theme parks. Service was good but nothing to write home about. We do not own timeshare and didn't do a tour, we just booked the hotel online. If you don't want to do a tour, then don't sign up for one- they were not harnessing or even asking us to do one and had I not read other reviews I wouldn't even have known about it being a timeshare. Clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good at the hotel but over priced as most are. You are better off hitting up one of the zillion Starbucks within a few miles. Pool was simple and nice. Hot tub was great after a night of dancing at a wedding or after a long theme park day! Pool bar was great atmosphere and they even stayed open late for our party which was nice! Lots of families staying here for vaca as is typical for Orlando. Parking was easy, free and convenient. Beds were comfortable. Living room furniture was not as comfortable but was functional. Flat screen TVs in each room. HUGE master bathroom and great shower! Would def stay here again as value was very good!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends